Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Any word on us picking up Ruben Fosters 5th year option? Been pretty quiet...

I dont think we can. I dont think he is on his rookie deal anymore. Not since he was cut from the 49ers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

10 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I dont think we can. I dont think he is on his rookie deal anymore. Not since he was cut from the 49ers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I think he is, because they waived him and we got him off the waiver wire.  But with his health issues, it was probably to risky

12 minutes ago, carex said:

I think he is, because they waived him and we got him off the waiver wire.  But with his health issues, it was probably to risky

Ok. I thought we picked him up after he cleared waivers, but Im a little fuzzy on the details. Thanks.

A healthy Cam with the few weapons we do have and this defense could be a short-cut to competitiveness.

I kind of doubt Cam can be reliably healthy for too long at this stage.

And Haskins deserves the chance to develop in the interest of long-term competitiveness. Not all short-cuts are good, even if this one could be fun for a bit.

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

... with the few weapons we do have ...

Please define "the few".   

1.  Peterson

2.  Guice

3.  Gibson

4.  McKissick

5.  Love

6.  Barber

7.  McLaurin

8.  Harmon

9.  Gandy-Golden

10.  Lattimer

11.  S. Sims

12.   L. Thomas

13.   Moss

14 minutes ago, 09 said:

Please define "the few".   

1.  Peterson

2.  Guice

3.  Gibson

4.  McKissick

5.  Love

6.  Barber

7.  McLaurin

8.  Harmon

9.  Gandy-Golden

10.  Lattimer

11.  S. Sims

12.   L. Thomas

13.   Moss

Those are names of players at our skill positions. I define weapon as somebody who has to be game planned for.

Peterson, Guice, Gibson, Love, McLaurin, Gandy-Golden, S.Sims

I could slice that down more given age and health concerns.

26 minutes ago, 09 said:

Please define "the few".   

1.  Peterson

2.  Guice

3.  Gibson

4.  McKissick

5.  Love

6.  Barber

7.  McLaurin

8.  Harmon

9.  Gandy-Golden

10.  Lattimer

11.  S. Sims

12.   L. Thomas

13.   Moss

2-3 of those players at best are guys the best offenses in the league would consider "weapons" right now. That doesn't mean many can't improve, they can.

Anyways it wasn't meant as a negative in my post at all, rather a sign of hope that impactful QB play is all we need along with everything we do have, even if it's not perfect, to compete. Though I see your homer alarm went off and drew you here anyways. Some of the names you listed are hilarious though so I'll give that to you, you're funny.

Moss could’ve filled the TE need.  Delanie Walker seems to be all that’s left among free agents.  A trade for Njoku or Howard would be sweet but seems unlikely.  I’d like us to sign CJ O’Grady.  He went undrafted and still hasn’t signed with a team.

25 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Those are names of players at our skill positions. 

Because that's what was referenced.

15 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

2-3 of those players at best are guys the best offenses in the league would consider "weapons" right now. 

Not a bad # for the "best offenses".   How many for the top half?

... it wasn't meant as a negative in my post at all, rather a sign of hope that impactful QB play is all we need along with everything we do have, even if it's not perfect, to compete.

Didn't take it as a negative ... and I completely agree about QB play.   Would love "impactful" from the position.   Would be ecstatic with competent.

Just curious as to the number.

Though I see your homer alarm went off and drew you here anyways. Some of the names you listed are hilarious though so I'll give that to you, you're funny.

Thanks ... I am funny .,. wasn't trying to be here.   Which names are "hilarious"?  The backups?

8 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Moss is a UDFA. He is not a weapon, he is not going to fill the need at TE. He is a camp body, and if he is lucky, he will be our third string TE. Third string TEs are not weapons.

how can you make that statement? Like no UDFA has ever contributed. 

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Moss is a UDFA. He is not a weapon, he is not going to fill the need at TE. He is a camp body, and if he is lucky, he will be our third string TE. Third string TEs are not weapons.

Most likely, but you never really know.  He could fill a need.  I watched him a lot at LSU.  He made a lot of plays.  Granted, he benefited from outstanding players across the board, but I think he showed more on film in his ability to make plays than the measurables would suggest.

9 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

how can you make that statement? Like no UDFA has ever contributed. 

Our best contributing UDFA from last season was Steven Sims. It took him half the season to get any attention or have any real effect on the team. The person he beat out for the job was literally 1 pick away from being a UDFA himself and remains a running joke about how we relied on an underdog to fill the role of a productive player. (Seriously, who really thought that Trey Quinn could replace Jamison Crowder? Really.)

The chances of some random UDFA suddenly coming along and turning into a "weapon" are nearly impossible. A plug and play RB? Yeah, sure. A UDFA whose only relevance is his Hall of Fame father? No way Jerry Rice Jr. can do that overnight. Wait, wrong UDFA. No way Thaddeus Moss can do that overnight.

Archived