Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, PerryMason said:

No one in seats? By September? Only by choice or because a particular state governor isnt allowing it...most everything will be open and full throttle by Sept. except maybe California...but i think even they'll fall in line by then

I expect attempts to open up to go wrong enough to shut things back down

16 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

They NEED to sign a CB at some point.  Biggest weak spot on the roster.  I know they've bargain shopping but there are guys out there that should be looked at that

couple of things Rivera said during and just after the draft, first was they were doing a couple of weeks virtual get togethers and would likely take stock w/c 18 May. Secondly there was still a couple of guys ‘out there’ that we were or had been watching. 

hopefully all that results in a couple of decent pick ups later in the month 

Just kind of catching up to UDFA signings around the league and damn I wish we'd gotten Jacob Breeland along with Moss at TE.

And the Eagles got a good one in Michael Warren II imo. 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Just kind of catching up to UDFA signings around the league and damn I wish we'd gotten Jacob Breeland along with Moss at TE.

And the Eagles got a good one in Michael Warren II imo. 

yeah I really wanted us to draft Javaris Davis and Joe Bachie, both who I think slipped into undrafted territory.

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Expect or hope?

Why would anyone hope for that? Get that **** out of here or take it to the Tailgate thread which I can only assume is a disaster.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why would anyone hope for that? Get that **** out of here or take it to the Tailgate thread which I can only assume is a disaster.

Good question.  Why are some?  Or did you respond just to posture?

The original post belongs in the Tailgate as well but here you are, silent. 

9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Expect or hope?

expect.  the second wave of the Spanish flu was way worse than the first you know and it hit because of removing the restrictions in place because of the first

4 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Good question.  Why are some?  Or did you respond just to posture?

The original post belongs in the Tailgate as well but here you are, silent. 

Nobody here is "hoping" things get worse with this pandemic. What an asinine thing to post.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Nobody here is "hoping" things get worse with this pandemic. What an asinine thing to post.

I'd wager roughly 46% of the posters here absolutely hope things get worse.  I'll let you try to figure out why.

Ad hominem is the weapon of the logically unarmed. 

11 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

I'd wager roughly 46% of the posters here absolutely hope things get worse.  I'll let you try to figure out why.

Ad hominem is the weapon of the logically unarmed. 

No idea what you're talking about with this, but I assume it's some sort of politcal jab. People disagree on the best way to handle this pandemic, sure. But nobody wants to be right when that means more people die. It's insane you think otherwise, and shows how untethered and down the rabbit hole you've fallen on this. Either way you're correct that this conversation doesn't belong here. Not sure what point you thought you were making in here but you've certainly lost some respect. 

My god, just think about what you typed! That you think "46%" of your fellow fans here are rooting for people to die. Sick.

9 minutes ago, carex said:

expect.  the second wave of the Spanish flu was way worse than the first you know and it hit because of removing the restrictions in place because of the first

There are various viral outbreaks to compare this one to over history.  If you choose to look at just one that had a 2nd wave sure.  If you look at the vast majority of them that did not have a 2nd wave then the more likely outcome is we do not see a 2nd wave. 

Antibody testing is the only way to truly figure this out.

There are four types of individuals possible with infection:

1. Confirmed and Die

2. Confirmed and Recover

3. Unconfirmed and Die

4. Unconfirmed and Recover

3 and 4 are missing so we do not have the correct data.  Antibody testing would allow us to look at 4.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not sure what point you thought you were making in here but you've certainly lost some respect. 

Oh no someone I've never met lost respect for me.  Cool story bro.

23 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

You think if the owners take a 30-60% hit in revenue, they're going to take the full brunt of that?  I have serious doubts.  They'll pass as much of that to the players as they can.

agreed. I don’t know how revenue is allocated based on the tv deals and whatnot, but no seat or concession sales is a massive hit. Ballparking, I assume 9 figures in lost revenue for each franchise. 

i work at a Fortune 500 and a few weeks ago and in order to save jobs a 10% pay reduction for all employees was implemented. I don’t see how the nfl gets around doing something reasonable like this... unless the owners try to be unreasonable and we end up in a holdout. Bottom line is this is a business, it comes down to money, and if the owners lose money then the players will as well. 

3 hours ago, CTskin said:

agreed. I don’t know how revenue is allocated based on the tv deals and whatnot, but no seat or concession sales is a massive hit. Ballparking, I assume 9 figures in lost revenue for each franchise. 

i work at a Fortune 500 and a few weeks ago and in order to save jobs a 10% pay reduction for all employees was implemented. I don’t see how the nfl gets around doing something reasonable like this... unless the owners try to be unreasonable and we end up in a holdout. Bottom line is this is a business, it comes down to money, and if the owners lose money then the players will as well. 

Teams are estimating it would cost them an average of $100M each if the whole season had to be played without fans.

https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2020/05/04/nfl-teams-could-lose-100-million-revenue-without-fans-games

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

What’s the deal with Logan Ryan? Injury? Undisclosed legal/character concerns? 

I imagine anyone left out in FA teams will want to see work out or evaluated. Otherwise teams are pretty set with their rosters. If you’re bringing in guys now then you failed at the draft.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:44 PM, Anselmheifer said:

What’s the deal with Logan Ryan? Injury? Undisclosed legal/character concerns? 

Definitely not character concerns.  Probably a training camp signing for some team.  Looking for the right deal.

25 minutes ago, tchrpe1 said:

Definitely think we should look into Warford . We need all the OL help we can get.

I don't know if he would be a good fit here.  It seems they are targeting smaller IOL, Schweitzer is 300 lbs, vujnovich is 290, Ismael 300.  Warford is a big dude, 330 lbs.  Not sure he is what they are looking for.

But yes, our oline needs an influx of talent.  My optimistic side is hoping a new scheme, moving from power to some more zone concepts, will turn a lackluster oline into a good unit, similar to what we saw in 2012.  

Archived