Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

. Can't believe I'm saying this but Logan Thomas is more intriguing imo and already on the roster.

I agree, I was envious that we didn't get Thomas when he entered the NFL. I love his potential. But the Terrelle Pryor experiment has softened my expectations however.

If the Skins are gonna pass on Burton that tells me they are looking to the draft if not something in the works for OJ Howard. Given their pursuit of Hooper, they know they need to upgrade at TE and the guys they signed are not necessarily upgrades. 

Seeing the name, Julie Donaldson for whatever reason triggered the memory of another reporter around here. She was local, maybe worked for CSN and was the Redskins Insider (I think). Long light blonde hair. Anyone know who I am thinking about? Where did she go. I liked her, very good at her job.

Edit: Kelli Johnson. Found it.

RR is on record as saying that our young guys need to play. Could this be what he's thinking at TE too? He really seems to be building the roster for a year of teaching the kids the ropes of the NFL and seeing who sticks before spending big more next year and beyond....Maybe once we missed out on Cooper and Hooper plus Olsen RR decided going young is the only way to go. Their is youth all over this roster at several key positions.....

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am all for OJ as long as its not a high pick from us.  I'd even trade Trent straight up for him. 

If Tampa didn't take this trade they'd be idiots. I'd hesitate to send Trent to Tampa because it would be too nice of a reward for all of the bull**** he put the team through. Seriously, why let him play with Brady and cast with a head coach whose motto is "win or lose we booze?"

And there's no tax in Florida. He'd be ecstatic to get dealt to Tampa....

O.J. Howard and their 2nd this year or next gets them Trent for me and I wouldn't be crazy about that deal but it would at least end the Trent saga and we'd get a decent return out of it. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am all for OJ as long as its not a high pick from us.  I'd even trade Trent straight up for him. 

Trent AND a pick for Howard?

Over someone’s dead body ...

I’m just not seeing the value of even Howard straight up for Trent. Howard was a first round pick but he’s been mediocre at best over the last three seasons since he was drafted. He’s young and physically gifted but the production just has not been there. In his best year he had 34 catches. 34. Now admittedly they did go at 16 yards a catch which is exceptional for a TE so the potential is exciting - but it’s potential.

Howard and a decent pick (doubt we would get a 2nd - I’d take a 4th). But straight up let alone giving them a pick with Trent ... that’s a hard pass from me.

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Trent AND a pick for Howard?

Over someone’s dead body ...

Agree.  I didn't say that though.  They were two separate points.  I would't trade a high pick for him.  And I'd consider trading Trent straight up for him.  I am not saying a pick AND Trent.

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Howard and a decent pick (doubt we would get a 2nd - I’d take a 4th). But straight up let alone giving them a pick with Trent ... that’s a hard pass from me.

Part of my thing about Trent is driven by pessimism being shared by beat reporters of what they are being offered for him.  Keim weeks ago implied the best they've been offered is a 5th.  Pauline suggested the same.  There might be something to that smoke.  Keim even said in an exchange with a fan on twitter which I posted at the time in the Trent thread that if a team even offered a 4th, then the Redskins could at least get serious with that team because at least they'd be in range of an offer they'd accept.

The vibe the beat guys are giving is Trent's trade value in 2020 versus 2019 is night and day.  Instead of two years left on his contract, now there is just one year coupled with Trent's high demands for big money.  We have a draft teaming with OT talent.   And Trent's been out of football for awhile.

Sounds like we'd be lucky to just get a third and haven't even been offered a 4th, yet.  So hard for me to be optimistic that we'd get both Howard and a pick that has likely not been offered even just by itself, yet.  

The one slimmer of optimism seems to be maybe a team gets desperate once they miss out on their target in the draft and or become more generous if its a 2021 pick, instead.

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Haven't really been paying attention...has she been consistently right?

Donaldson has gone from not even being slightly connected to really wired in.  Not sure how that's happened but it has.  No one is right 100% of the time.  But she's been often correct since Rivera came on board.   Keim now seems even more wired in than before.  

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sounds like we'd be lucky to just get a third and haven't even been offered a 4th, yet.  So hard for me to be optimistic that we'd get both Howard and a pick that has likely not been offered even just by itself, yet.  

The one slimmer of optimism seems to be maybe a team gets desperate once they miss out on their target in the draft and or become more generous if its a 2021 pick, instead.

Sorry misunderstood. And yes I wouldn’t trade anything more than a late pick for Howard either.

As for Trent if we can’t get at least a 4th plus something conditional maybe then I simply wouldn’t trade him - and I’d want more than just a 4th. As you say in that scenario I’d wait and see if someone can’t get what they need in the draft or gets an injury in camp. I’m not as high on the top tackles in this draft after Becton and Wills as many - not as left tackles who can start immediately anyway.

31 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Sorry misunderstood. And yes I wouldn’t trade anything more than a late pick for Howard either.

As for Trent if we can’t get at least a 4th plus something conditional maybe then I simply wouldn’t trade him - and I’d want more than just a 4th. As you say in that scenario I’d wait and see if someone can’t get what they need in the draft or gets an injury in camp. I’m not as high on the top tackles in this draft after Becton and Wills as many - not as left tackles who can start immediately anyway.

I am actually a big fan of this crop.   I am with Ledyard among others about this draft class.  If I were another team, I don't think I'd offer more than a 4th for Trent.  A dude who is 32 years old, hasn't played in more than a year, couldn't even fit in his helmet, has a buffoon of an agent and is supposedly asking for the moon in a contract, and hasn't played a full season in a really long time.  It doesn't feel to me like the best is yet to come from Trent.  But the draft class would be the diving force for me.  You got the top 4.  But then also Josh Jones.  And Niang.  And Cleveland.  Some like Austin Jackson, too but not so much me.

Trent in his prime is better than all of them.  But I doubt Trent is in his prime.  So if I were a team like Cleveland or the Jets i'd rather get a young, cheap, and healthy LT then both pay through the nose for him and give up a high draft pick. 

Keim who seemed freakishly on the money about their FA intentions so am guessing he might be on the money about Trent said more or less this on his podcast today:

A.  Vikings seem to be the main team interested.  He's hinted at the same before.

B.  He's said in the past but not today that they are unlikely getting a 2nd rounder for him.  Be lucky to get a third.    He suggests that's likely the most optimistic outcome.  

C. They will try to trade him during the draft, they hope some team gets desperate if they miss out on their targeted LT.

D.  The trade might be post draft, where a team might be more willing to give up a 2021 pick.  They are cool with that.

E.  They'd be willing to hold out right through August if need be.

Keim didn't get into it this point this time.  But Donaldson among others have suggested its not on the table to bring Trent back for the 2020 season. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim who seemed freakishly on the money about their FA intentions so am guessing he might be on the money about Trent said more or less this on his podcast today:

A.  Vikings seem to be the main team interested.  He's hinted at the same before.

B.  He's said in the past but not today that they are unlikely getting a 2nd rounder for him.  Be lucky to get a third.    He seems like that's the most optimistic outcome.  

C. They will try to trade him during the draft, they hope some team gets desperate if they miss out on their targeted LT.

D.  The trade might be post draft, where a team might be more willing to give up a 2021 pick.  They are cool with that.

E.  They'd be willing to hold out right through August if need be.

Keim didn't get into it this point this time.  But Donaldson among others have suggested its not on the table to bring Trent back for the 2020 season. 

TW will never play another down for the Redskins, IMO.  :)

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can’t see any way Williams plays another down as a Redskin. That bridge has been well and truly burnt. Rivera will not want the distraction of him around camp or the locker room either I would think which makes it unlikely this plays out until August IMO.

Archived