Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Trent should’ve been a lifetime Washington player. He will play until he’s nearly 40. 

There were debates on this board if he was top for or even top 10 at his position. Injuries were highly over criticized, it’s a part of football and none of the injuries to his lowe extremities.

When he hangs it up, he’ll have a strong contingent backing him as one of the greatest LTs of all time. Losing Trent was brutal. Obviously, a lot was going with his situation, but he should’ve been offered a ridiculous amount of money to stay. 

PAY THE ELITE! 

He's already GOAT tier and is playing the best ball of his career at 35+.

Ron effed that up by making him "prove it."

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MrJL said:

Ron wouldn't have been in position to eff anything up if not for Snyder and the medical staff

And they both got a ham sandwich for Williams, while the Dolphins got 2 firsts for Tunsil who was and still is inferior.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Chase's knee injury was so bad, I wondered if he'd ever be able to get back to being the athlete that he used to be.  If he has actually done it, then we're getting someone with All Pro upside on our defense this year.  A game changer.

I think we're going to have five Pro-Bowlers on defense this season.  The whole DL plus Curl.  Could even see St-Just making it too.  They could be in for an epic season.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Chase's knee injury was so bad, I wondered if he'd ever be able to get back to being the athlete that he used to be.  If he has actually done it, then we're getting someone with All Pro upside on our defense this year.  A game changer.

I think we're going to have five Pro-Bowlers on defense this season.  The whole DL plus Curl.  Could even see St-Just making it too.  They could be in for an epic season.

Would have been 6 if Apke hadn't gotten injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

On 8/2/2023 at 2:10 PM, wit33 said:

Trent should’ve been a lifetime Washington player. He will play until he’s nearly 40. 

There were debates on this board if he was top five or even top ten at his position. Injuries were highly over criticized, it’s a part of football and none of the injuries to his lower extremities.

When he hangs it up, he’ll have a strong contingent backing him as one of the greatest LTs of all time. Losing Trent was brutal. Obviously, a lot was going with his situation, but he should’ve been offered a ridiculous amount of money to stay. 

PAY THE ELITE! 

Boy I don't know about that. When Trent signed his last deal with the team it was front loaded, per his request. It was reported that they told him "don't complain at the back end, you got your money up front". But then he did just that, when it was pointed out that the contract was front loaded Trent's reply was "that was in the past".  Sorry that's BS, as it appears was his medical grievance claim which was done in poor taste.   

On 8/9/2023 at 7:43 AM, KDawg said:

I am very excited to see what CY brings to the table this year.

I got in my car yesterday and they were discussing a  trade to Baltimore for a 3rd and 5th. At first I thought this was breaking news, relieved to hear it was just suggested in an article.  It would be crazy to trade Chase Young now, they have one more year to see if he is who they thought he was.  

On 8/9/2023 at 7:31 AM, Going Commando said:

I feel like our hype scenarios in DC never live up to it... I friggin hope this on pays off!

3 hours ago, Conn said:

People still mad at Trent are so funny

I’m not mad at Trent at all.  He found a way out of this mess when there looked like there was no end to the Snyder ownership. 

but at the same time I don’t blame Ron for only getting a 3rd for him because of the damage done to the situation by Trent’s trashing of the medical staff, which basically made napoleon mad so he refused to negotiate a new contract.  

That whole debacle is mostly on Dan’s room bill. Bruce gets a lot of blame also.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Captain James said:

I feel like our hype scenarios in DC never live up to it... I friggin hope this on pays off!

Unfortunately very true, plus we aren't a national darling so even if we have the number one defense in the league there's no way we're sending 5 defenders to the pro bowl unless we have an excellent record to match the defense. 

52 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Unfortunately very true, plus we aren't a national darling so even if we have the number one defense in the league there's no way we're sending 5 defenders to the pro bowl unless we have an excellent record to match the defense. 

We get 11 or 12 wins and have the #1 defense, I think we can get five defenders in.  There wouldn't be anyone on offense to send other than McLaurin really.

I think we can get two guys on the All Pro team too.  Allen and Young.

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

We get 11 or 12 wins and have the #1 defense, I think we can get five defenders in.  There wouldn't be anyone on offense to send other than McLaurin really.

I think we can get two guys on the All Pro team too.  Allen and Young.

I HIGHLY doubt that Young is an All-Pro, much less a Pro-Bowler at the end of the year.  For Young, just get to 10 sacks, and fans will come back to rooting for him, instead of doubting him.  Remember, the DE & DT positions in the NFC are loaded with quality players, so it’s going to be very difficult for Young to earn an All-Pro selection. He’s have to outperform guys like Nick Bosa and and Micah Parsons, and he’s nowhere near as popular as those two guys.  

If we have 2 All-Pro’s this year, my money is on Allen/Payne.  One dark horse for All-Pro could be Kam Curl, especially in the midst of a contract year.

Edited by samy316

18 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I HIGHLY doubt that Young is an All-Pro, much less a Pro-Bowler at the end of the year.  For Young, just get to 10 sacks, and fans will come back to rooting for him, instead of doubting him.  Remember, the DE & DT positions in the NFC are loaded with quality players, so it’s going to be very difficult for Young to earn an All-Pro selection. He’s have to outperform guys like Nick Bosa and and Micah Parsons, and he’s nowhere near as popular as those two guys.  

If we have 2 All-Pro’s this year, my money is on Allen/Payne.  One dark horse for All-Pro could be Kam Curl, especially in the midst of a contract year.

All Pro's votes are cast by by select media members and they tend to vote for deserving players from that season and not just popular players fans know about. Pro bowl, on the other hand.....

I don't expect much from CY, so any production will be icing on the cake. 

I actually have a much better feeling about Sweat busting out. 

Edited by Bantu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not mad at Trent at all.  He found a way out of this mess when there looked like there was no end to the Snyder ownership. 

but at the same time I don’t blame Ron for only getting a 3rd for him because of the damage done to the situation by Trent’s trashing of the medical staff, which basically made napoleon mad so he refused to negotiate a new contract.  

That whole debacle is mostly on Dan’s room bill. Bruce gets a lot of blame also.  

This is whre I am 100%. There was not much Ron could do with the **** sandwich bruce left him and with dan and his ego still around. I like Ron but he is not perfect by any means. As I have said if they fired him tomorrow I would not lose any sleep. But the trent debacle is not his. He did about as much as he could once dumb danny decided to get his panties in a wad and put ego ahead of th team. 

But back to thed current stuff - it will be interesting to see if this line can be at leastdecent. This could be a radically different team with a guy with a cannon for an arm playing QB. Could also just as easily be ho hum or worst, more of the same. 

What ever it is starts tonight! 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Young is gonna have a great year and all the same people hating on him now will be the ones crying the most about how we didn't exercise his option.

Totally agree.

Allwn was close one year and then closed, payne was close the next year and then closed, sweat was close and now it's his year.

I think Chase will be great this year, but not sure he shines brighter than those three.

If Chase can give great effort on 75% of plays he’s going to have the best year of his career. When he goes, he goes. As long as he’s consistent, he’s going to have a year. It’s that consistency that matters for him. 

• Like 1