Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Let Chase earn his contract like everyone else.  He comes off as a diva and I think Ron has grown tired of Chase.

He came off as a spark plug and an energetic presence....but now he's a butt plug who comes off as a diva.  He is Orakpo 2.0 right now.  I am a big fan of Young's potential, but he has to ball out.  It's just a shame that Chase or Sweat will likely be gone next year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It'd be foolish to trade Chase unless someone is offering a first round pick next year. Per the reports we have gotten, the guy is looking quite explosive again. If the guy doesn't do the stutter step BS and rushes in scheme with the rest of the DL, he should put up at least his rookie year numbers. I have to think the combo of seeing Sweat having success rushing in pattern with Allen, this year being a contract year and the failure of 2021 may mean some changes to the way Chase plays this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, Koolblue13 said:

Between our secondary and IDL, he basically just has to stand still and he'll get ten sacks.

....I know you were being tongue in cheek there but its true, any half way decent end playing alongside this IDL, secondary with Sweat on the opposite side should put up very good numbers. Will be very telling if Chase does not have a really good year, but then the question may be become did he accomplish this due to his skill set, the talent surrounding him or a combination of both? The sacks, pressures, all should be there but just as important will be if he is disciplined enough within the scheme to allow the "scheme" to work as intended (setting edge, run contain etc). Interesting decisions to be made.

15 hours ago, Dexter said:

Let Chase earn his contract like everyone else.  He comes off as a diva and I think Ron has grown tired of Chase.

He came off as a spark plug and an energetic presence....but now he's a butt plug who comes off as a diva.  He is Orakpo 2.0 right now.  I am a big fan of Young's potential, but he has to ball out.  It's just a shame that Chase or Sweat will likely be gone next year.

He isn't even Orakpo right now. Orakpo was a high quality pass rusher. Multiple double digit sack seasons.

I like Young but he's like, Kenard Lang level right now.

With that said, I still believe in his talent.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He isn't even Orakpo right now. Orakpo was a high quality pass rusher. Multiple double digit sack seasons.

I like Young but he's like, Kenard Lang level right now.

With that said, I still believe in his talent.

That’s only if you look at sack numbers. If you only look at rookie year, Chase had a lot more impact than Orakpo ever did. Forced fumbles. Recovered fumbles. Key 4th down stops. 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

17 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

That’s only if you look at sack numbers. If you only look at rookie year, Chase had a lot more impact than Orakpo ever did. Forced fumbles. Recovered fumbles. Key 4th down stops. 

Problem was, that was the only time he ever did it. Pre-injury 2021, he had 1.5 sacks and was a liability in the run game. I don't think it's hyperbole to say this is a make-or-break season for him. We rarely see sustained reclamations at all anymore once a guy hits rock bottom.

I am hoping he is close to being normal. 

He is still very young. 

They can't keep him and Montez.

Personally, if I were to choose between the two of them I will choose Chase. For some reason, I keep thinking that had Chase been the one at the end of the "Almost" sack plays that Montez was in on last year, he would've finished them.

If the Steelers want Chase for a 2nd rounder, I will take it. Better than losing him for nothing. 

But will the new ownership authorize such trades?

9 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, I'm not trading Chase Young....especially for a 2nd Rd pick.

Health permitting, I'm willing to gamble on his raw talent....🤷‍♂️

2nd round offered at any time for him, and he is gone and I will buy the plane ticket.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 hours ago, redskinss said:

It sickens me to think that we could have Trent Williams, Morgan Moses and Brandon scherff in house right now.

Talk about being a quarterback away from contention. 

The consensus on this board:

Moses was below average and not worth of any significant cap resources. He was a Kerrigan level player. 

Trent Williams wasn’t top 5 at his position and old. 

Brandon Scherff, you don’t pay guards. 

Don’t let them tell you otherwise. 

10 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, I'm not trading Chase Young....especially for a 2nd Rd pick.

Health permitting, I'm willing to gamble on his raw talent....🤷‍♂️

Talent is king. You roll the dice every time on a guy like him. It’s not like the dude shows up out of shape or doesn’t play hard. The player rarely gets to say his side of the story when under the shield.

Young played for a Dline coach that got fired and a head coach most here want fired, I’m sure he has a story or two in his defense. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The consensus on this board:

Moses was below average and not worth of any significant cap resources. He was a Kerrigan level player. 

Trent Williams wasn’t top 5 at his position and old. 

Brandon Scherff, you don’t pay guards. 

Don’t let them tell you otherwise. 

Talent is king. You roll the dice every time on a guy like him. It’s not like the dude shows up out of shape or doesn’t play hard. The player rarely gets to say his side of the story when under the shield.

Young played for a Dline coach that got fired and a head coach most here want fired, I’m sure he has a story or two in his defense. 

morgan moses was just solid overall. the only elite quality he had was the voodoo he used on refs for them to not see the false starts he committed on, virtually, every play.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No one is going anything higher than maybe 4th rounder at best but why?  They can get him for free next year if we don’t franchise him.

I'd say only if a highly projected team sees him in camp or preseason and believes he is back to pre-injury form. That and they are in need of top edge now or after an injury to an edge.

They might look at him as a deal with a 2nd or 3rd for one year with ability to sign to a LTD or franchise him. That gives them a minimum of 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Why would anyone trade for chase on a contract year when there are so many very talented edge rushers still available as free agents?

Why not just sign clowney or yannick?

Today that makes more sense. If those guys are signed and my example arises (contender during preseason and possibly after an injury to their edge), that's when it would be possible. I am not saying anyone would do it, just saying that is what it would take. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 2:32 PM, Anselmheifer said:

14 AV as a rookie, better than Allen's or Payne's best season total.  Easily better than Sweat's, or anyone on our offense the past three years.  Accumulated in just 15 games.  He was the head and shoulders best player on a top five defense as a rookie.  Got untracked second year, probably played hurt until his knee was so destabilized he suffered a devastating injury on a non contact snap.  Finally came back from it at the end of last season and looked promising in the 49ers game.  Looks even more promising in minicamp.

Trading him now would be dumb.  Should the 49ers have given up on Nick Bosa after he tore his ACL at the beginning of his second season?  That is something stupid teams do, and good franchises like the 49ers build power teams off of the mistakes that stupid teams make when they create a bunch of drama with their best players for no reason, and then sell them off for bottom dollar.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, WilberMarshall said:

I am hoping he is close to being normal. 

He is still very young. 

They can't keep him and Montez.

Personally, if I were to choose between the two of them I will choose Chase. For some reason, I keep thinking that had Chase been the one at the end of the "Almost" sack plays that Montez was in on last year, he would've finished them.

If the Steelers want Chase for a 2nd rounder, I will take it. Better than losing him for nothing. 

But will the new ownership authorize such trades?

Eh I don't think we couldn't keep both of them. With the cap jump next year we are currently sitting at 83 million (according to overthecap) for 2024. While we do have a lot of UFAs in 2024 I think the new ownership will make it work

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I'd say only if a highly projected team sees him in camp or preseason and believes he is back to pre-injury form. That and they are in need of top edge now or after an injury to an edge.

They might look at him as a deal with a 2nd or 3rd for one year with ability to sign to a LTD or franchise him. That gives them a minimum of 2 years. 

Or maybe a player to player trade like for an offensive lineman?  I wonder if some team like the Bengals whose LT Jonah Williams wanted to be traded earlier this year.  Looks like he's gonna play RT for them this year.  If the team is indeed taking offers, I'd look for an OLINE guy in trade and not pass rusher but what do I know.  LOL  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Trading him now would be dumb.  Should the 49ers have given up on Nick Bosa after he tore his ACL at the beginning of his second season?  That is something stupid teams do, and good franchises like the 49ers build power teams off of the mistakes that stupid teams make when they create a bunch of drama with their best players for no reason, and then sell them off for bottom dollar.

Exactly.

All the people screaming "TRADE HIM" now have absolutely no idea how to play the value game. You don't trade a talented young player on a rookie contract when his value is at its absolute worst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly.

All the people screaming "TRADE HIM" now have absolutely no idea how to play the value game. You don't trade a talented young player on a rookie contract when his value is at its absolute worst.

When exactly do you think his premium trade value would be ? 

If this team can produce just an average of 5 points a game more than last year and if our defense can create turnovers and we go from the 6th worst team at -5 to just 0, which is middle of the road, this team could really shock people and we need Chase to play like he did as a rookie to do it.

If we let him walk, he's a 3rd comp pick, so it's not like we get nothing. There is no imaginary 1rst or 2nd round pick we're turning down. 

The trade hi talk is just dumb fan speak.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

You get hacked?

I'm pessimistic because I'm angry about the way Ron handled this offseason, because I think this team is packed with talent in a lot of spots, with very few holes.

Holes Ron said we would address and then didn't. LBer and Oline are worse than they were at this point last year and it's infuriating. 

I also didn't like the EB hire. I could easily be wrong about that. I'm wrong about a lot of ****.

I'm mad because we could have been contenders and now it looks like we're drafting around 12 to me.

I will stick by saying that it's going to be exciting this year. Who knows what's going to happen, but it'll be exciting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly.

He is not a team player much less a Team Captain.....you missed with the talented player part. "TRADE HIM ASAP". Maybe get a solid LT or top olinemen for him. Just my hope in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1