Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I finally watched a Rick Snider video. At first, I felt like it was a waste of time. But hearing a balding, middle aged man say "baller money" in his daily dispatch has made it worth it.

Next time I come to DC I’m taking his tour. He actually seems like a nice guy. 

• Like 1

Brad Spielberger from PFF on The Junkies theorized about the timing of this news maybe letting teams know Chase is in play for a this year draft pick where the trading team could pick up his 5th year.

Interesting...

Edited by HigSkin

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Brad Spielberger from PFF on The Junkies theorized about the timing of this news maybe letting teams know Chase is in play for a this year draft pick where the trading team could pick up his 5th year.

Interesting...

Noones giving up a 1 for him

• Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

He didn't suggest what round but think that's fairly obvious.  You would think it'd have to be something more than the typical 3rd round comp pick 

I don’t see comp picks on the horizon with new owners in charge. I would expect a decent level of FA spending initially.

45 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If this team trades down tonight, Snider is going to be super pissed since it's going to be past his bedtime

Won’t be great for me either to be fair :ols: first pick is already at 1am over here and that is several hours after this starts on draft night :pint:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

The 5th year option for him was $17.4 million. The franchise tag for DE is $19.7M. It’s the smart business move plus it should light a fire under him. It will also be a new owner and likely new GM so any hard feelings should dissipate in a year. 

But that’s 2023 tag right? I think 24 is higher. 

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Yes I was going off of this year. It always goes up but I’m not sure by how much. 10% or so would be my guess. 

I was just curious why we’re talking about the franchise tag cost this year if it’s not even an option for him. 

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We were comparing the 5th year option versus the franchise tag in 2024. 

Yeah I get that, but I was just confused why 19 mil kept getting brought up when it’s actually 24. So the 2 mil difference thing isn’t correct, unless I am missing something and being a total idiot 

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Yeah I get that, but I was just confused why 19 mil kept getting brought up when it’s actually 24. So the 2 mil difference thing isn’t correct, unless I am missing something and being a total idiot 

Wow it went from 19 to 24 in one year? That’s crazy.

13 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

I think if he is traded its tonight or tomorrow imo

He won't be.

They declined the option to motivate him.

They are doing the same with Sweat.

Their plan is that they think the offense is vastly improved based on their FA OL moves, Howell and Bienemy. So they went all in on turnover forcing defensive backs in order to try to get the defense to be a more stout wall vs. bend but don't break and force more turnovers to get the O in a more advantageous position. 

They are going to rely on Chase and Sweat this year. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He won't be.

They declined the option to motivate him.

They are doing the same with Sweat.

Their plan is that they think the offense is vastly improved based on their FA OL moves, Howell and Bienemy. So they went all in on turnover forcing defensive backs in order to try to get the defense to be a more stout wall vs. bend but don't break and force more turnovers to get the O in a more advantageous position. 

They are going to rely on Chase and Sweat this year. 

Agreed! If they were making a move with either of them, it would have already occurred (no later than last night).

My guess, Sweat has a good year and is tagged. Chase leaves via FA and we get a compensatory pick for him...yup that's it

Of course I have always been a Sweat fan! :ols:

• Like 1

Not taking the 5th year reeks of trying to motivate him or that we think we will be able to get him for cheaper next year. Why would we want him at that point then.  No one was going to trade for him with 1 game played in 16 months or whatever it was.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Not taking the 5th year reeks of trying to motivate him or that we think we will be able to get him for cheaper next year. Why would we want him at that point then.  No one was going to trade for him with 1 game played in 16 months or whatever it was.

The option and the tag are almost the same price, so it makes no sense to sign the 5th.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

The option and the tag are almost the same price, so it makes no sense to sign the 5th.

I thought the tag would be much higher but just remember now he was a 2OA. I am surprised to hear that after seeing some (many?) assumed we would take the 5th year option.

I don't buy we will take care of him if he does well. There is only so much money to spend on the DL and he can likely leave for greener pastures.