Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

I feel it’s more like Tua who throws a wrench in.  Because now the Bengals have to choose between Tua or Burrow, right?

I love Tua but considering his injury-injury history I think no way Cincy takes him over Burrow.

But if there is a bidding war for Tua from lets say Miami, Oakland, SD, there might be some offers for our pick. 

When do the Giants pick? #4. If you had the Lion's saying something like "oh we want Tua" which I don't think they want with Stafford on board, well in that case  you might let them move up so we can get recover our lost second round pick for this draft.  Thats it.  Unless you want our O line and QB staring across at Chase Young for years to come.  I mean it is always a gamble, with every player in the draft, but with Chase Young IMO, he is like a man amongst boys.  You just don't let this guy go. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

I feel it’s more like Tua who throws a wrench in.  Because now the Bengals have to choose between Tua or Burrow, right?

I say that in the sense that if Chase Young wasn't in the draft, I would take the normal QB draft pick haul and be happy to drop back a few spots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Once we draft Young, with the possible additions of Reuben Foster, Bryce Love, whatever free agents we get, a second year Haskins and a new coaching staff, could this be the most anticipated Skins season ever???? At least since 2012.

Depends on the health of Foster and Love entering the season (especially Foster).  Also depends what FA's we get.  If we get Byron Jones, Austin Hooper, Anthony Harris, extend Scherff and re-sign Trent.  Yeah, expectations will be pretty high.  How far we can actually go will most likely depend on Haskins' development.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

How far we can actually go will most likely depend on Haskins' development.

This. Also, I don't expect our defense to be crazy awesome next year. I think a 2nd year Chase Young and a 3rd year Sweat, with some more additions at LB and in the secondary will do it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Once we draft Young, with the possible additions of Reuben Foster, Bryce Love, whatever free agents we get, a second year Haskins and a new coaching staff, could this be the most anticipated Skins season ever???? At least since 2012.

Nothing was more anticipated than 2001. Marty and all those super stars. We all drank the Snyder koolaid back then. I lived in LA and had season tickets at FedEx and bought tickets to all the away games. I was convinced we were going to the Super Bowl and I planned on going to every game. Then the 0-5 start and 9/11 and the whole dream died.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I would take a RGIII level deal in a heartbeat.

It would be nice, but keep in mind none of those picks ever did much for the Rams. Currently all of them are on other teams or out of the league. 

I am betting Young against the field on this one. I thing you take the sure thing and don’t look back. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

It would be nice, but keep in mind none of those picks ever did much for the Rams. Currently all of them are on other teams or out of the league. 

I am betting Young against the field on this one. I thing you take the sure thing and don’t look back. 

That's my concern though. If you look at what they got, it was still better than the return on Rg3. He had one good year but for the most part, he wasn't worth the sum of Michael Brockers, Jenkins and Ogletree. 

24 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

The question for me is, has anyone done an analysis of “sure thing” picks in the NFL draft and looked at how many panned out? I’m sure someone has.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't think so.  Still would have some holes in the secondary, at TE and OL.  Foster is still a wild card, too; not sure what we should expect there.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love Tua but considering his injury-injury history I think no way Cincy takes him over Burrow.

But if there is a bidding war for Tua from lets say Miami, Oakland, SD, there might be some offers for our pick. 

I think even without Tua's injury Cincy may very well have ended up taking Burrow anyway. He's had easily one of the best QB seasons in college history. Pretty hard to top. 

28 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The question for me is, has anyone done an analysis of “sure thing” picks in the NFL draft and looked at how many panned out? I’m sure someone has.

The first blue chip pass rushers off the board in the last 10 classes certainly have panned out pretty well. Suh, Miller, Cox (probably the closest thing in 2012 since it wasn't a pass rush heavy top end of the draft, but he was the first penetrating pass rushing DT off the board), Dion Jordan (really the only bust in here...he's still in the league but just a JAG), Clowney, Fowler (Inured early, played well, injured again, just had a breakout 12 sack season), J Bosa, Garrett, Chubb, N Bosa. Not a bad hit rate. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 3

I am against trading quality for quantity. I feel these trades rarely work out for the team receiving the massive haul.

Carson Wentz: The Eagles traded with the Browns giving up a ton of picks for the rights to draft Wentz. What did the Browns do with that haul? Nothing. Granted, Wentz is oft injured but still better than the turds the Browns took.

Julio Jones: Atlanta gave a ton to the Browns who once again did nada with the capital. Atlanta hasn’t done anything with Julio either but he is better than Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden, which is just 2 of the players drafted by the Browns in that haul.

Even the RG3 trade, I’d say was better for us. It got us into the playoffs at least. The Rams did nothing with those picks. None of them were elite and they didn’t sniff the playoffs. We can’t draft worth **** so keeping those picks would have gotten us ziltch anyways, just more scrubs. At least scrub RG3 got us into the playoffs for one year.

Moral of the story. Bad team don’t know how to draft or develop so getting more picks doesn’t mean anything. They are bad for a reason. 

Draft Chase and hope he turns into Mack or trade the pick and draft Trent Murphy, Jarvis Jenkins and Geron Christian instead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

For me there is only one trade scenario I like. The trade would have to be structured similar as the Wentz trade for the Eagles. They traded up multiple times to get Wentz. Negotiate with all interested parties but state that it either has to be a ridiculous amount of picks or that they trade up to #3 before. 

I think for the Lions it might make sense to do such a trade down with Miami for example. Let's say Miami trades #5 and #18 to the Lions for #3. Thus, Lions would move down 2 spots but, in case they don't want Tua, basically only move down 1 potential player. So in case Lions are not completely invested in one specific player (e.g. Okudah) or they feel very strong about the Giants not taking that player, the Lions could add an additional top-20 first round selection on top of their desired player.

Then if that team sits at #3 you switch first round picks and get an additional second rounder or something like that. Miami would invest their two firsts and a second for Tua, we would still get Young and add a second rounder.

Obviously that sceanrio is pretty unlikely to happen but that would be the only one I'd really be interested in at this point in time.

9 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I would take a RGIII level deal in a heartbeat.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but how did that work out for Jeff Fisher and the Rams?

I think the obvious play here is to take the guaranteed money (Chase). Don't give up a future top 10 overall player in the NFL for 2 or 3 Josh Doctsons...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dyst said:

I am against trading quality for quantity. I feel these trades rarely work out for the team receiving the massive haul.

Even the RG3 trade, I’d say was better for us. It got us into the playoffs at least. The Rams did nothing with those picks. None of them were elite and they didn’t sniff the playoffs. We can’t draft worth **** so keeping those picks would have gotten us ziltch anyways, just more scrubs. At least scrub RG3 got us into the playoffs for one year.

Moral of the story. Bad team don’t know how to draft or develop so getting more picks doesn’t mean anything. They are bad for a reason. 

Draft Chase and hope he turns into Mack or trade the pick and draft Trent Murphy, Jarvis Jenkins and Geron Christian instead.

Agree.  If RG3 developed & became a perennial pro bowler no Redskins fan would have thought twice about that trade.  The issue was that he only contributed basically for one season (for a variety of reasons).  Substitute someone like Mahomes, Jackson or Luck for RG3 & it looks pretty decent (although no guarantee for long term success for the 1st two).

I am against trading Young & again people have to stop looking at things strictly from the perspective of the 2020 season.  Any remaining holes can be filled in 2021 & beyond.  Also - I truly believe that these blockbuster trades are unlikely for anyone who doesn't play QB.  I don't believe that you are going to get a RG3 type haul for Young even if he is a generational player.  Burrow  - perhaps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems a little disengenuous to just look at the RGIII trade in terms of guys still on the Rams squad or the team’s lack of success.  I mean, they drafted Janoris Jenkins who has been a better player than Griffin.  The fact they didn’t resign him or that Fisher kinda sucked as a coach (or that they didn’t have a capable qb) shouldn’t really be part of the calculus, IMO.  

Not sure how things will work out with Rivera in the fold, but I’d trust our drafting to find good players in a trade down scenario.  Doesn’t mean I think this is the right way to go, or that we’ll even have the opportunity... but I wouldn’t write off a trade down because of the Ram’s failure.  Particularly if we can still land a top talent in this draft - Simmons is a stud and Okudah is a legitimate talent, both at positions of need for us, for example.  

Don’t think we’ll get a great return on a trade back though, so it’s probably all a moot point.  

Edited by skinny21

13 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I say that in the sense that if Chase Young wasn't in the draft, I would take the normal QB draft pick haul and be happy to drop back a few spots. 

That I completely agree with.  IF Young was not in this draft we could get a haul.  And it would be worth it to leverage our position.  But not if we lose Young.

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Absolutely. This would cause me quite a bit of angst if I were making the selection. Chase or a crapload of picks? That scenario could easily play out now that Tua has declared.