Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Watching the Clemson tape it really shows Chase Young's impact on the game.On the play Trevor Lawrence stays down Chase was chipped than doubled and still gets to him.Wow that is impressive.Clemson game plan was clearly designed to limit Chase Young's impact on the game quick passes ,double team and move the pocket.He dictates what offenses can do period.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Watching Danielle Hunter and Everson Griffin terrorize Brees today has me salivating over what a Young/Sweat attack will look like once Sweat develops.

I'm with you. I think Sweat is gonna be great, especially as he learns the league, gets stronger and is in an aggressive system. Del Rio must be loving the prospects of having all these 1st round picks on his defense. I wouldn't want to be a QB in the NFC East in the coming years having to face our pash rush once Mr. Young is on board.

• Like 3

Tua at 2, especially giving up a boatload for him, is super super risky. Even if he's more or less healed by the time the draft rolls around there's absolutely no way to know if he'll ever bee the same guy he was prior to injury. He was already known as something of an injury risk before that and that was a pretty devastating injury. 

The only offer I'd accept for him is from Detroit. And that's with some sort of guarantee that they were taking Tua. Like, have it in writing that if you're lying to us and you don't take him then we get your entire draft. The Phins would have to offer us all 3 of their 1sts this year, a 2nd this year, and a 1st and 2nd next year.  

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Everyone knows we won’t take Tua and really want Young. I think the Lions make a whole lot more sense for teams to try to trade with to get Tua. We will want a boatload to basically not take Young.

Yep, this is about where I am.

I am not sure what the Tua news means for us as I don't see it having much to do with us.  While there's a lot of hype today and he's grabbing headlines, the dude just cannot stay healthy.  I'm not a draft expert but I can see him going in the top 5, I can also see him sliding and going after 15 somewhere.  We've all watched a draft where guys who were thought to be top picks inexplicably slide.  

We're sitting at #2 with Chase Young in our sights, which is a pretty good place to be.  I am not sure if there's a team out there that values Tua THAT high, where they'd have to give up a ton of picks to us to take him.  I mean, it'd make more sense to try to trade with the Lions if you're a team that feels like you have to have Tua.  Burrow is the consensus #1 and the Skins don't need to take a QB that high so...why try to jump to #2?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Tua at 2, especially giving up a boatload for him, is super super risky. Even if he's more or less healed by the time the draft rolls around there's absolutely no way to know if he'll ever bee the same guy he was prior to injury. He was already known as something of an injury risk before that and that was a pretty devastating injury. 

The only offer I'd accept for him is from Detroit. And that's with some sort of guarantee that they were taking Tua. Like, have it in writing that if you're lying to us and you don't take him then we get your entire draft. The Phins would have to offer us all 3 of their 1sts this year, a 2nd this year, and a 1st and 2nd next year.  

If Miami offered that then I would have to take that deal...that's too big of a haul to turn down.. Wow, could you imagine? We could take Simmons and fill 2 other holes as well. 

1 hour ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Everyone knows we won’t take Tua and really want Young. I think the Lions make a whole lot more sense for teams to try to trade with to get Tua. We will want a boatload to basically not take Young.

But they don't know for sure that we won't trade out of #2 and allow someone else to snag Tua? 

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yep, this is about where I am.

I am not sure what the Tua news means for us as I don't see it having much to do with us.  While there's a lot of hype today and he's grabbing headlines, the dude just cannot stay healthy.  I'm not a draft expert but I can see him going in the top 5, I can also see him sliding and going after 15 somewhere.  We've all watched a draft where guys who were thought to be top picks inexplicably slide.  

We're sitting at #2 with Chase Young in our sights, which is a pretty good place to be.  I am not sure if there's a team out there that values Tua THAT high, where they'd have to give up a ton of picks to us to take him.  I mean, it'd make more sense to try to trade with the Lions if you're a team that feels like you have to have Tua.  Burrow is the consensus #1 and the Skins don't need to take a QB that high so...why try to jump to #2?  

You jump to #2 to guarantee your team gets Tua, or Young, or whomever else.....Just cause we don't need a QB doesn't mean we won't trade out of #2. 

Lets just say we float rumors out there that the #2 pick is for sale cause we're not enamored with Young.....let the bidding begin. 

• Like 1

Ideally the lions would trade up to get tua thinking that some other team will trade to number 2 instead.  Sort of like the bears did with trubisky. The Bears traded the Nos. 3, 67 and 111 picks, as well as a 2018 third-round pick, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for the second overall pick. That way we would get some extra picks and still get Young.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

But they don't know for sure that we won't trade out of #2 and allow someone else to snag Tua? 

Sure, but the context of the draft is abnormal. Young isn't just a good DE prospect, he's considered a dominant generational player. With that, the assumption would be if we trade out of 2nd the Lions will take Young. So you would have to trade the premium to get the QB as normal, PLUS the added surcharge to make it worth it for us to lose the chance to draft Young. I just don't see it fathomable that any team would give us the needed value.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Sure, but the context of the draft is abnormal. Young isn't just a good DE prospect, he's considered a dominant generational player. With that, the assumption would be if we trade out of 2nd the Lions will take Young. So you would have to trade the premium to get the QB as normal, PLUS the added surcharge to make it worth it for us to lose the chance to draft Young. I just don't see it fathomable that any team would give us the needed value.

For arguments sake, I'll give you Jon Gruden and his multiple first round picks. He is the so called QB guru and if he falls in love with Tua I can absolutely see him trying to move all the way up to 2 just to get him. I absolutely see your point but we're talking poker now....

Lets say the Dolphins and Raiders both want Tua and we tell the world we're considering trading out of the 2 hole. Now it's game on between the two of them to try and get our pick before the other might. The offers could get crazy. Look what we gave up for RGlll and he was an unconventional QB...Tua is much more NFL ready than RGlll was. Hell, Ditka gave us his entire draft for Ricky Williams. 

There's a long way to go with this, guys move up big time at the combine so things could change. There are still the character interviews, background checks, physicals, etc to go. 

I think you and I are both logically right about how this could go, I just think Tua or Young may get us some unreal offers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

There's a long way to go with this, guys move up big time at the combine so things could change. There are still the character interviews, background checks, physicals, etc to go. 

I think you and I are both logically right about how this could go, I just think Tua or Young may get us some unreal offers.

Sure, I personally really want to draft Young so I'm likely biased. Hard to imagine what could happen, I can't think of another draft with this kind of situation. Typically it's always the generational QB everyone is striving to pick at 1, Young throws a wrench into the normal thought process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Yeah theres always a possibility of teams trading up but in Miami's case...they know we wont take tua. Now the lions have an outside shot but I doubt it.. the giants wont neither. So teams would have to leapfrog miami to either 3/4 unless they trade up a few slots

And if Miami really wants Tua, just the thought of what you are saying has to scare them. It's great to be in the hunt for off-season champs again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Sure, I personally really want to draft Young so I'm likely biased. Hard to imagine what could happen, I can't think of another draft with this kind of situation. Typically it's always the generational QB everyone is striving to pick at 1, Young throws a wrench into the normal thought process.

I feel it’s more like Tua who throws a wrench in.  Because now the Bengals have to choose between Tua or Burrow, right?