Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

1 minute ago, SkinsUltima said:

That's been said about alot of one year wonders....

He's not a one year starter, but he hasn't produced like this before. But a lot of that is because of changes in OC and LSU's philosophy completely changed from a run run run 1980s style offense to a modern NFL passing offense. I think Burrow's talent was probably always there but he didn't really get to do much with it in their older system. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

This probably should be mentioned in a different thread since it'll get buried in here, but what exactly is the plan at QB if Alex Smith is cleared 100% by Doctors in the upcoming offseason?

He'd probably be the back up unless we could pull off a Grunfeldesque miracle trade.

This probably should be mentioned in a different thread since it'll get buried in here, but what exactly is the plan at QB if Alex Smith is cleared 100% by Doctors in the upcoming offseason?

I'd play Alex (but I'm anti-Haskins).

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Trade him to a win now team with a raw rookie and lots of cap space for whatever we can get, hopefully. I'm skeptical he is cleared at any point though. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Lots of very good young talent on this team. Having guys like Collins and Kerrigan, instead of Trent and Norman will be great next year.

I am hoping we can replace our missing second rounder with Trent before the draft. The young guys have played well today and it is time to build a young team through the draft and deal with the growing pains that come from that approach. But it is the right way to build a team.

I think it depends on the new coach. Probably would want Haskins to start and Alex to be the backup. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

Finlay just spent a while talking about this one his pod, he said Alex is working hard and looks like a guy who is trying to get ready to play football again.

He's already running and lifting on that leg with the brace on, seems crazy but don't count it out.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think you gotta cut him and take the 16 mill hit. We will have the money with Trent, Norman and a couple of other guys coming off the books.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Lions are knee deep into a lost season with Driscoll at the helm.  No comparisons to be made here.

We are also knee deep in a lost season. The Lions are a lesser team, and after our run of no TD games, I think it's pretty clear we're a lesser team too. There's definitely a comparison to make on whether the team can keep the wheels on.

Archived