Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

Just now, TommyWilson said:

Callahan on the sidelines looks like my 70 year old dad with Alzheimers trying to decipher the menu at Cracker Barrel

So harsh...:(

But yeah, I want a more progressive "let's see what we have" offensive approach for the remaining games.

8 minutes ago, mudpig said:

Sadly.  These late season garbage 'Inspired, tears in the eyes' wins are infuriating.  Hopefully some of these guys wives find out they are cheating and they get stuck with alimony.  I don't want them to enjoy this win. 

....seriously? Hoping the players get caught cheating, just so they can’t enjoy a win, where it’s their, oh i dont know, JOB, to win? 

Classy. 

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

This probably should be mentioned in a different thread since it'll get buried in here, but what exactly is the plan at QB if Alex Smith is cleared 100% by Doctors in the upcoming offseason?

Probably depends on who the coach is.  It's gonna be a tough sell to any coach in January that they have to sign on with Smith looming over everything still a ways away from even thinking of getting cleared.  Anybody coming here is signing on for Haskins or somebody else.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

....seriously? Hoping the players get caught cheating, just so they can’t enjoy a win, where it’s their, oh i dont know, JOB, to win? 

Classy. 

sarcasm???  calm down.   They haven't been doing their JOB well this year, clearly.  

2 minutes ago, TommyWilson said:

Callahan on the sidelines looks like my 70 year old dad with Alzheimers trying to decipher the menu at Cracker Barrel

Pretty soon, the only Redskins fans to have witnessed SB wins will be those old 70 year olds with Alzheimer's.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Probably depends on who the coach is.  It's gonna be a tough sell to any coach in January that they have to sign on with Smith looming over everything still a ways away from even thinking of getting cleared.  Anybody coming here is signing on for Haskins or somebody else.  

The plan I hope would be he is the starter, you guys will be fed up with Haskins soon enough. Nobody cares now because the season is a wash but next year when he is screwing us out of points early in the season will be a different story

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Us, Bengals, Giants all ahead right now.

Maybe I’m all alone on this but I don’t worry about draft position.  No matter where the Redskins pick, I’m sure Dan and Bruce will have a well formulated plan for the draft and for the future that will rightfully restore this franchise to its glory within 3 years.

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

The plan I hope would be he is the starter, you guys will be fed up with Haskins soon enough. Nobody cares now because the season is a wash but next year when he is screwing us out of points early in the season will be a different story

Okay Gibbs.

So two games into his NFL carrier, your projecting that his second year will be so bad that there will be a team revolt?  

3 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Ok buddy, why would you really like Sims?..lol..he cant even get on the field of an average wr corp on a 1-9 team that cant score TD's

It probably has to do with the whole 'first return TD since 2015' and the other 40 yard return thing. I know it's a daily thing other than the 4 years that it didn't, but it's hard not to feel good for the guy and think there might be a little bit of something to work with.

13 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I just disagree with you guys that think you can teach a terribly inaccurate QB to be NFL accurate, not going to happen. He may get a little more accurate but not enough.

I mean when you say "you guys" there's a huge spectrum of opinions people can have.  I'm not in either extreme camp, because I don't believe in extreme viewpoints in general, and especially when you have a low sample size to evaluate someone or something.  I'm definitely not sold on the guy and I'm disappointed that he is less developed than we hoped.  I also think it's very premature to totally write him off with this pathetic playbook, this pathetic roster, and the general adversity of being a project QB thrown into a situation where most any QB would struggle to succeed.

It's not like I'm even a fence sitter or something.  I like him, he's shown flashes.. Remember that 60 yard dime he threw last week that got called back, across his body, right in the basket?  There's like five guys in the league who are even capable of that.

Anyway.  I'm also not going to be the guy to say he's the answer when he goes for 320 and 3 tds, because, again, the verdict is very much still out in my mind.  

Archived