Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

Just now, NoCalMike said:

This probably should be mentioned in a different thread since it'll get buried in here, but what exactly is the plan at QB if Alex Smith is cleared 100% by Doctors in the upcoming offseason?

If Bruce is here, and he will be, it will be to start Alex with Dwayne as backup. It will be sold that we are set at qb for the foreseeable future. After all we were 6-3 with Alex. That is exactly what Dan and Bruce are banking on no matter how wrong they are. We’re close.

Thoughts so far.

• Haskins' accuracy issue is costing us easy points, but he is playing with more confidence and command. Definite improvement over last week.
  • Terry Mclauren is uncover-able, even in double coverage. If someone can get him the ball consistently, he will put up monster numbers.
  • Guice is a nice player, he has a future if he can stay healthy.
  • We need tight end help in a bad way.
  •  

Just now, mhd24 said:

Maybe Callahan is on the tanking strategy.  Calling outs is a guaranteed incompletion!

We have absolutely missed some shots.  DH needs to connect/grow from the misses.

But without question..Callahan is killing me with his uber conservative play calling.

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Saddest part is that he's actually looking decent as far as poise, handling pressure, and making the right decisions. 

But his mechanical issues are absolutely destroying his accuracy. 

Is guess I just don't understand that part of it.. These aren't part timers. He's a 24/7 QB in the NFL.. How can he not get better practicing it every day? He either has a learning disability or.. Something. 

1 minute ago, TommyWilson said:

The thing is footwork is tied to accuracy.  If it wasn't it wouldn't matter 

I just disagree with you guys that think you can teach a terribly inaccurate QB to be NFL accurate, not going to happen. He may get a little more accurate but not enough.

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Is guess I just don't understand that part of it.. These aren't part timers. He's a 24/7 QB in the NFL.. How can he not get better practicing it every day? He either has a learning disability or.. Something. 

Its not easy to change, thats why it is wishful thinking that he will become an accurate QB

3 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

It's muscle memory. Haskins has probably been doing it this way for years upon years and he was able to get away with it because of his superior talent and without all of the pressure and superior surrounding talent in the NFL. It will take some time for him to get rid of those habits.

It's not a book learning thing. It's a pure repetition and consistent practice thing.

Archived