Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

KDawg

Just now, Llevron said:

I really don’t think they are helping him with all these runs. But I guess I get why they do it. You don’t call a play expecting it not to work. 

Why not? Its getting him some long drives and an opportunity to do the basics of reading defenses and lining people up, possibly scoring points. And hopefully it will open up the play action and the deep ball

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really don’t think they are helping him with all these runs. But I guess I get why they do it. You don’t call a play expecting it not to work. 

He's basically playing with the Tecmo Bowl playbook with Haskins in there. Can't get too crazy.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They kindof did on the screen to AP.  Odd that a PA resulted in a screen. 

Yeah, I was thinking more about a ten yard in-cut to Torpedo Terry, but yeah you're right 

They should still be running PA like 25% of the time with this game script 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Why not? Its getting him some long drives and an opportunity to do the basics of reading defenses and lining people up, possibly scoring points. And hopefully it will open up the play action and the deep ball

Thats actually a good point. Get him used to the speed. I do forget he’s not just playing poorly (up till today) but really inexperienced. I agree

Archived