Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Thread: Redskins @ Buffalo Bills

KDawg

It all started on my drive. Pulling off the Thruway to relieve myself, I pull into the same rest stop as a couple of chartered school buses that had been repurposed as Buffalo Bills fans party wagons. The rambunctious fans hopped out of their vehicle exclaiming words that cannot be printed added to the words “the Redskins”.

You fill in the blanks.

Im sure some of those same people will be the ones that swan dive gracefully through tables in a matter of hours, or even minutes.

Today’s matchup with the Bills should be interesting. Lots of storylines intertwined in this one. 

1) Dwayne Haskins first start. Important note: it’s windy as hell at the field level. Walking through the parking lot was brutal. The ball is sailing in warm ups

2) DVOA. The Redskins are 29th in DVOA. Buffalo, despite their record, is 25th. This game has potential to be interesting. Especially given Callahan’s preference for running the ball and Buffalo DT Lotuleilei (spelling?) has been criticized for not caring. Their run defense has been suspect. That adds up nicely for Haskins given his early struggles. 

3) Haskins interceptions. If he throws six passes without a pick he is clear of his current interception rate on the season.

4) Buffalo’s defense, despite some issues against the run at times is straight nasty. It will be interesting to see how the Redskins defense performs. Josh Allen has been good in the 4th quarter of games for the most part this season. So the Skins D will need to get to him early to get him rattled. He is mistake prone, but he is an outstanding runner. He will provide some issues today.

Stay tuned here for more updates or follow @KDawg_ES

Redskin Inactives:

TE Vernon Davis

RB Chris Thompson

QB Case Keenum 

G Wes Martin

S Deshazor Everett

LB Josh Harvey Clemons

CB Aaron Colvin

Bills Inactives (Notables):

WR Duke Williams

G/C Spencer Long

RB TJ Yeldon

Today's Head Official:

Tony Corrente

Today's Head Official:

Tony Corrente

Hopkins had a warm up kick that looked well inside the upright that took a brutal hook when a wind gust hit and it sailed right.

Sims just charged a high Tress Way punt and booted it forward to where the Bills D would be in a game situation.

The wind is absolutely, 100% going to be a factor today.

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Today's Head Official:

Tony Corrente

Hopkins had a warm up kick that looked well inside the upright that took a brutal hook when a wind gust hit and it sailed right.

Sims just charged a high Tress Way punt and booted it forward to where the Bills D would be in a game situation.

The wind is absolutely, 100% going to be a factor today.

Not for the Redskins offense it won’t.  Callahan has no intention to throw the ball.  Look for <10 pass attempts the entire game. 

:)

Haskins warming up with receivers. Very non chalant pace (by design, all the quarterbacks for every team look this relaxed in these situations):

Overthrowing receivers or under throwing. Not many catches in stride. Josh Allen is closer to the booth and he hasn't really thrown many yet. 

Haskins looked good throwing stick routes and outs to receivers in warm ups. Those are the throws he's been in sync with since preseason. Wind appears to be picking up more now, too. I don't expect to see a ton of throws. 

They're in team sessions now on the opposite side of the field, so it's tough for me to see too much in the way of his mechanics. 

Archived