Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

GhostofSparta

21 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah. A 4-3 with DL of Young, Allen, Payne, and Sweat could be really nice.

With Reuben Foster in the middle and Ryan Anderson as one of the other LB's...we would really just need to add a couple of key pieces (safety and impact LB) and the defense would be solid. And ypu didnt even mention Ionaiddis on the line mixing in.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Huh?...break it down for me than..the giants would have to win..so would the lions and dolphins..Am I right/wrong?

Yes, that's what would need to happen. Now, the odds that 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL beat three teams needing wins for playoff berths/seeding? Again, not realistic. If you want to bank on it, that's your funeral. 

There is a possibility that we could still win the tiebreaker with Miami, so it's possible the other two win and and a bunch of other stuff happens and we get #2, but still an incredible long shot.

43 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yes, that's what would need to happen. Now, the odds that 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL beat three teams needing wins for playoff berths

Technically it would require 4 of the 5 worst teams in the nfl to beat teams who need wins for possible playoff implications. 

And that definitely isn't going to happen.

15 minutes ago, burgngold fan said:

Only if Detroit beats the packers

Thaaaaats who the lions play..well..if the packers rest there starters..any givin sunday..lol..im not worried about it though..I dont see the skins standing a chance against the cowboys

Nope, thanks to the packisback the packers will play there starter's 

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thaaaaats who the lions play..well..if the packers rest there starters..any givin sunday..lol..im not worried about it though..I dont see the skins standing a chance against the cowboys

Why not? Losing out on Chase Young to win a meaningless week 17 game is such a Redskins thing to do. Plus the Cowboys kinda suck.

42 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why not? Losing out on Chase Young to win a meaningless week 17 game is such a Redskins thing to do. Plus the Cowboys kinda suck.

Lol I get your point..about being the Redskins thing to do..lol ha ha ha ha ha..isn't that what makes us fans?..Go Redskins, Beat Dallas!.

Sean Taylor is rolling in his grave..R.I.P Sir,

He wouldn't settle for this ****..its dallas week and were focused on losing to dallas for better draft position..allow me to apologize for everyone Sean. I'm still there..BEAT DALLAS!!!

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

We need to pull for Joe Burrow to light up the college playoffs and win the national title....If he shows poorly things could get dicey at #1 and for us. Let's Go Joe!!!

Burrow is clearly #1, by a mile now. Hell, if he fell to us, talk about a bonanza of trade offers. Burrow is the ****. Hail

51 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Burrow is clearly #1, by a mile now. Hell, if he fell to us, talk about a bonanza of trade offers. Burrow is the ****. Hail

Yeah, breaking a record for TD thrown in a NCAA playoff game before halftime should have made him look pretty good. 

Chase Young didn’t get hurt and is done playing. Too bad Burrow didn’t lose. Need him to stay healthy. We don’t need anymore Tua injuries to bring down the value. Let’s secure the second pick tomorrow and get ready for the draft. I already booked my trip to Vegas for it.

I think if we were in the QB market, we wouldn't really been have this inner turmoil. We wouldn't question whether Burrow was the one we want and there would be posters cursing the team for winning games against Miami and Carolina. The reason we worry about Cinci wanting Young is because we want Young. It's because we've seen enough from Haskins to hope that he could become pretty good.

Where was Chase Young last night?  He seems to be off the past few games.

I presume he was gearing up to read and drop into coverage early and often in his budding career, and follow in the footsteps of Preston Smith, Montez Sweat and friends.  His heart probably sank last week when he saw us move into #2 overall.  Sadly, no prospect that is paying attention would want to be drafted by us.

21 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ahh ok..ya, most likely not gonna happen and the skins just need to take care of business...and....lose?...god I gotta go shower after suggesting that lol

It is similar to what Bruce Lee said in Enter the Dragon.  He spoke of the art of fighting without fighting.   The Redskins must master the art of winning without winning.😉 

On 12/27/2019 at 8:19 PM, Rufus T Firefly said:

No, you don't build "depth" by putting a borderline Pro Bowl player on the bench behind 4 straight 1st round picks while the rest of your roster has holes everywhere. That's just a misallocation of resources. 

Worked out quite well for that early mid 2000s didnt it?

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

Where was Chase Young last night?  He seems to be off the past few games.

I presume he was gearing up to read and drop into coverage early and often in his budding career, and follow in the footsteps of Preston Smith, Montez Sweat and friends.  His heart probably sank last week when he saw us move into #2 overall.  Sadly, no prospect that is paying attention would want to be drafted by us.

I've heard that we may be switching back to a true 4-3 once we clean house with the coaching staff. I welcome that move, as I don't think we've ever had the players run a true 3-4, especially at linebacker.

4 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

I've heard that we may be switching back to a true 4-3 once we clean house with the coaching staff. I welcome that move, as I don't think we've ever had the players run a true 3-4, especially at linebacker.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:06 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah. A 4-3 with DL of Young, Allen, Payne, and Sweat could be really nice.

With Reuben Foster in the middle and Ryan Anderson as one of the other LB's...we would really just need to add a couple of key pieces (safety and impact LB) and the defense would be solid. And ypu didnt even mention Ionaiddis on the line mixing in.

Although, was it me or did Young look small last night going up gainst that left tackle?

Archived