Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2020 Draft Positioning Thread: We're #2!

GhostofSparta

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tua and Young have hinted at going back to college. Whether they do or not remains to be seen. But if they both stay the #2 overall pick loses some luster. But it makes it easier to trade back and snag Isaiah Simmons. 

Chase Young would be a moron to stay in school and risk injury. He should look at Tua and absolutely declare for the draft asap.

3 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Can't lie, with the Bengals and Dolphins both winning today, I'm now mad that Miami beat Cincy. Cincy with 3 wins and a high SoS would finish at #3 if the Redskins lose today.

Stupid Miami losing to us and beating the Bengals.

I was really rotting for that Bengals comeback last week. Chancy, risking dropping us to 3, but I was rolling the dice on number 1.

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tua and Young have hinted at going back to college. Whether they do or not remains to be seen. But if they both stay the #2 overall pick loses some luster. But it makes it easier to trade back and snag Isaiah Simmons. 

I think if those 2 go back to school, Simmons doesn't escape the top 5.  Might even go before that.  Trading back with a specific player in mind is dangerous, bc if we trade back a few spots, then see okudah and Simmons go off the board, we might have wished we stayed put. 

1 minute ago, KillBill26 said:

I think if those 2 go back to school, Simmons doesn't escape the top 5.  Might even go before that.  Trading back with a specific player in mind is dangerous, bc if we trade back a few spots, then see okudah and Simmons go off the board, we might have wished we stayed put. 

As long as we end up with Simmons I’m good :ols:

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I dont think we can move back and safely get him. At least not after the combine.

Young

Odukah

Simmons

Updated one last time. The top 20 picks are set. The rest will be determined as the playoffs progress.

So is your ideal scenario:

-The Bengals take Burrows and Chase Young is right there for us?

-The Bengals take Chase Young, but Burrows is right there for us to take?

-The Bengals take Chase Young, but Burrows is there and we trade out of #2 to a QB hungry team with lots of ammo (Miami, Oakland, etc) and pick up some much needed draft capital?

-Some other scenario?

32 minutes ago, dckey said:

If the Giants offered 2 1's and a 2 for Chase would you do it?

Absolutely not. Wouldn't be worth it to have Young terrorizing us 2 times a season for the next decade plus.

In other news...just a pet peeve....but can we stop saying Burrows? Joe Burrows doesn't exist (well he probably exists somewhere but he isn't the QB of LSU). It's Burrow

Archived