Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Haskins doesn't have a hope in our current state. He's a guy who notoriously couldn't deal with pressure inside in college. His foot mechanics fall apart immediately and he doesn't have the athleticism to get out of the pocket and extend plays. 

The play calling needs to improve considerably to even give us a chance. We've got some pieces in McLaurin, Gibson and Sims to get a quick passing game going but for some reason we have Haskins doing what he's bad at throwing a mid range under pressure. 

We've got to do a better job of hiding his limitations. 

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Haskins doesn't have a hope in our current state. He's a guy who notoriously couldn't deal with pressure inside in college. His foot mechanics fall apart immediately and he doesn't have the athleticism to get out of the pocket and extend plays. 

The play calling needs to improve considerably to even give us a chance. We've got some pieces in McLaurin, Gibson and Sims to get a quick passing game going but for some reason we have Haskins doing what he's bad at throwing a mid range under pressure. 

We've got to do a better job of hiding his limitations. 

The Browns are smart enough to know Haskins can't throw deep.  Why else did that LB jump for the INT, or why Ward bailed on Inman to almost make another INT.  Haskins doesn't have "it".  Kyle Allen needs to be the QB.  At least he can throw with touch.

11 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The Browns are smart enough to know Haskins can't throw deep.  Why else did that LB jump for the INT, or why Ward bailed on Inman to almost make another INT.  Haskins doesn't have "it".  Kyle Allen needs to be the QB.  At least he can throw with touch.

He definitely doesn't have "it" but that was very obvious even watching him in college. Still think we have enough speed to make it work somewhat though. That drive was so much better. Just get the ball in Gibson/McLaurin's hands and keep it simple. 

My gosh he just can't make those passes in our territory. That's two of them. This game has so much good and bad, crazy. But that last int turns it in to a really bad performance. 21 points off 3 ints is killing your team, which is simply what Haskins wasn't doing before. I'll give him a pass since this is the first time he's really hurt the team. 

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Whether he's good or bad right now is irrelevant. We have no other option but to play him. Kyle Allen is ass and has no chance of being the future. Haskins will keep playing.

We have no clue how good Kyle Allen would be with this team. He was better in his first 10 games than Haskins was. 

----------------------

Overall I saw someone who can be a game manager if the team was built around him. He throws darts around the field. His two td passes were impressive. But he missed so many throws downfield again, his accuracy is so bad. And the turnovers this game were killers. A winnable game if he doesn't make those turnovers. But as much as I want to see what Kyle Allen can do, I'm fine with Haskins getting another game or two. That's all I wanted to see from him, just didn't expect the costly mistakes. 

14 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Horrible interceptions.  I am now on the pessimistic side.  Give him the whole season.  If he is just as bad as this game, we may finish dead last.  This would allow us to draft another QB.

That's what I was thinking. Another year at giving up a first round OT, but that's what's got to happen. Get Fields first (Haskins would just be wasting time for next year), then add to the line. 

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

That's what I was thinking. Another year at giving up a first round OT, but that's what's got to happen. Get Fields first (Haskins would just be wasting time for next year), then add to the line. 

Only draft Trevor or Fields if they have “it”. I don’t want to draft any QB just because we have to. It’s why we are in this mess with Haskins. 

Archived