Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

On 4/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently on an Instagram post that stated that the redskins are set to draft chase young, haskins commented “welcome back home”, and, i **** you not, some moron on twitter finds a way to **** all over haskins about it. 

Was trying to find his tweet, looks like he deleted every one of his moronic responses, but the gist of it was “he should stay off social media and not comment on stuff like this” (pretty much don’t comment, and focus on football). Ummm....what? You DO realize tons of nfl players recruit their former college teammates to their nfl teams, right? 😂😂😂

case in point: portis recruiting ST21 back in the day

Wish I could pound the table for the dude, but must see more. 

The only support I can provide and argue for is his pocket presence and maneuverability in and outside of it has a chance to be special. This for me, has tremendous value, to the point I never want a QB who can’t do this, especially in today’s NFL (unless that QB is getting paid 3-5% of the cap). 

On 4/13/2020 at 4:20 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently on an Instagram post that stated that the redskins are set to draft chase young, haskins commented “welcome back home”, and, i **** you not, some moron on twitter finds a way to **** all over haskins about it. 

Was trying to find his tweet, looks like he deleted every one of his moronic responses, but the gist of it was “he should stay off social media and not comment on stuff like this” (pretty much don’t comment, and focus on football). Ummm....what? You DO realize tons of nfl players recruit their former college teammates to their nfl teams, right? 😂😂😂

Harmless really...don't understand the fuss.

I don’t need PFF or Anyone really to say anything Now, that I haven’t seen with my own eyes. The dude has a Hose, along with Moxie. He will push it upfield aggressively but is not careless with the ball.

He Has started all of 7 games in the NFL, showed improvement each and every week, in what was an ultra conservative game plan initially and on the second worse team in the league. I think he handled it pretty well after seeing ghosts when he first came into those first two appearances.

I’m excited as hell about the possibilities of his game and what it could mean for the Skins. I fully expect him to start this season, I’m not buying Allen as anything but the perfect backup that will push him. I don’t care how much time he has to prepare. If I’m him, I’m gonna be ready to go regardless of the situation. I think he’ll bring that attitude to the table. Sky’s the limit for #7 HTTR...

11 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I don’t need PFF or Anyone really to say anything Now, that I haven’t seen with my own eyes. The dude has a Hose, along with Moxie. He will push it upfield aggressively but is not careless with the ball.

This is true. And he’s also very, very smart. Before the draft he was shown breaking down plays on the board-he gets all of it. He is hungry and will learn this offense quickly. 

I think he responds well to the “competition”- he has before.

10 hours ago, wit33 said:

Wish I could pound the table for the dude, but must see more. 

The only support I can provide and argue for is his pocket presence and maneuverability in and outside of it has a chance to be special. This for me, has tremendous value, to the point I never want a QB who can’t do this, especially in today’s NFL (unless that QB is getting paid 3-5% of the cap). 

Pound GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I don’t see the fuss with his latest. It was in reply to another one claiming Young is coming to DC. I get some of the criticism of him. I’m somewhere in the middle on Haskins myself, and some of his social media presence has been... not good. But this isn’t anything.

23 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

That step near the sidelines where he hesitates a bit... he’d get murdered in a game against actual NFL players.

Yup. But in skill work like that you often don’t go out of bounds because no one is going to hit you. So you plant and get some agility reps out of it. 

I like his depth on his roll out left. That’s much improved from the last video he showed. Would like to see him throw the ball off that look to see if he goes flat with his arc and jumps. But I do like the depth of the roll.

27 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Must admit, I’m generally quite  sceptical about Haskins but my God it would be great for this franchise if he steps up. 

It's something I actively avoid hyping myself up about because there's just too many pitfalls right now but if Haskins works out, with our defense led by Young and a guy like Rivera coaching...I mean it's too much to even dwell on for long, this early in the process. Because the implications for a fanbase like ours...it would change everything. Haskins panning out would be truly franchise-altering. Which is the case with every QB obviously but he really has the tools to follow through, hypothetically. 

22 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Must admit, I’m generally quite  sceptical about Haskins but my God it would be great for this franchise if he steps up. 

To me, Haskins is a complete question mark. Gruden and company did everything they could short of directly sabotaging him prior to starting him. Thus, when he came out his confidence was broken and he played like third grader, but by his last few starts he looked good. The improvement curve was crazy. That said, we don't know what's real and we don't know what's real in Turner's offense. He could be anywhere from great to an absolute bust.

I'm hoping his last few games are the reality.

Archived