Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Apparently "Simba" is "attending" the Redskins "Virtual Draft Party" - gonna guess drafting an actual adult at QB is off the table at this point.  Danny wins again, and the team heads for the toilet - as usual!

The Niners just went to the Super Bowl with a QB who is borderline average at best. The Rams went two years ago and the Eagles won the SB with Nick Foles. Dwayne Haskins alone isn't gonna determine how far the Skins go in the next 5 years. If RR is convinced he's worth sticking with and developing then that's good enough for me right now. You might want to stop focusing on how bad you think DH will be and look at the rest of the machinery.....I believe if you surround DH with talent, and coach him up, he will be just fine.

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The Niners just went to the Super Bowl with a QB who is borderline average at best. The Rams went two years ago and the Eagles won the SB with Nick Foles. Dwayne Haskins alone isn't gonna determine how far the Skins go in the next 5 years. If RR is convinced he's worth sticking with and developing then that's good enough for me right now. You might want to stop focusing on how bad you think DH will be and look at the rest of the machinery.....I believe if you surround DH with talent, and coach him up, he will be just fine.

The QB keeping us from building a contender is Smith. 

4 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

At the very least, it’s worth a shot, IMO.  

12 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The Niners just went to the Super Bowl with a QB who is borderline average at best. 

compare the stats between JG and "Simba" they arent even on the same planet, they arent even in the same universe - not even close.  Thats just the numbers, without even getting into the intangibles where "Simba" is off the charts embarrassing

15 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

compare the stats between JG and "Simba" they arent even on the same planet, they arent even in the same universe - not even close.  Thats just the numbers, without even getting into the intangibles where "Simba" is off the charts embarrassing

OK, I'll get on that today.

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

How do they record “should have been intercepted” statistics? 

Should haves and almosts are great in horse shoes and hand grenades but not a whole lot else.

If it’s passes that we’re literally in a defenders hands and they dropped them it’s one thing. 

Im always curious how these across the board advanced analytics work. I use them for the teams I coach, but it’s based on film and our system, not a generic stat pack. 

But I really can’t judge those numbers because I really have no idea what they consider a “pass that should have been intercepted”.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Should haves and almosts are great in horse shoes and hand grenades but not a whole lot else.

If it’s passes that we’re literally in a defenders hands and they dropped them it’s one thing. 

Im always curious how these across the board advanced analytics work. I use them for the teams I coach, but it’s based on film and our system, not a generic stat pack. 

But I really can’t judge those numbers because I really have no idea what they consider a “pass that should have been intercepted”.

Yes, it is pretty much passes that the defender should have caught.  Conversely, it doesn't count passes that popped out of the receiver's arms and ended up getting intercepted, through no fault of the QB.  That is why Haskins had more interceptions than intercept-able passes.  Having all rookie WRs and no true NFL level TEs will do that to you. 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Picture every time Carlos Rogers made a play on the ball.

7 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Yes, it is pretty much passes that the defender should have caught.  Conversely, it doesn't count passes that popped out of the receiver's arms and ended up getting intercepted, through no fault of the QB.  That is why Haskins had more interceptions than intercept-able passes.  Having all rookie WRs and no true NFL level TEs will do that to you. 

So it also doesn’t account for off target throws that a receiver tipped and went to a defender?

Because then you’re debating what an off target throw is.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So it also doesn’t account for off target throws that a receiver tipped and went to a defender?

Because then you’re debating what an off target throw is.

Yeah, I suppose it would be pretty much impossible to eliminate all subjectivity in analytics such as this.  Kind of like defensive analytics in baseball.  

22 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is you would have to to test every single player and fan before every game. I think they could maybe play to empty stadiums if they wanted too. They can test the players constantly and keep the virus out of the locker room. But you are never going to keep it out of a full stadium.

Right. I think we are looking at games in empty stadiums to start.

6 hours ago, ggarriso said:

I can only imagine Haskins backed over your dog or something. 

22 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I can only imagine Haskins backed over your dog or something. 

I always get nervous when I see I was quoted by an admin :) Point being putting Haskins anywhere on the same plane of the universe as a QB who had like 1.5 vaguely serviceable starts against middling teams (in losing efforts before tapping out) against a QB who took his team to the Super Bowl is just not fair or valid for purposes of evaluation of the Redskins QB situation moving forward.  

Just now, ggarriso said:

I always get nervous when I see I was quoted by an admin :) Point being putting Haskins anywhere on the same plane of the universe as a QB who had like 1.5 vaguely serviceable starts against middling teams (in losing efforts before tapping out) against a QB who took his team to the Super Bowl is just not fair or valid for purposes of evaluation of the Redskins QB situation moving forward.  

No need to be nervous if I quote you - unless you have broken some rule or other 🙂 But other than that my opinion carries no more weight than anyone else's around here.

The point you make above is reasonable. But you have a lot of posts in this thread in which you seem already certain that Haskins is not and will not be a good NFL QB. You don't even seem to entertain the possibility that he could become a good starter at a minimum. If he develops into a good NFL QB you will have a long way to go climbing back from that position.

20 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I believe your points are valid in the fact that it doesn't require an MVP to win a championship.  However, to date, non of the guys you've pointed out have questionable work ethic, lack leadership respect, nor publicly show how immature they are.  As a matter of pure fact, all you mentioned were guys who worked hard, being a slave to the grind, to earn the respect of his peers.  Haskins has already proven on multiple instances that hes not that guy. 

I'd add that this continues to date. 

39 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

I believe your points are valid in the fact that it doesn't require an MVP to win a championship.  However, to date, non of the guys you've pointed out have questionable work ethic, lack leadership respect, nor publicly show how immature they are.  As a matter of pure fact, all you mentioned were guys who worked hard, being a slave to the grind, to earn the respect of his peers.  Haskins has already proven on multiple instances that hes not that guy. 

I'd add that this continues to date. 

OK, I'll go with what you say over the coaches, former coaches and players who have publicly supported Haskins, including RR and Urban Meyer among others. 

I assume you have lots of inside information to have these opinions because I don't and am at the mercy of trusting in the coaches and GM's.

I'm out.

Redskins have a coronavirus contingency plan at QB, and his name is Kyle Allen

The NFL wants its season to start on time this fall, and while that's still uncertain, there is no clear direction about what will happen with training camps this summer as the world continues to adjust to the Coronavirus. 

The Redskins typically kick off training camp in late July in Richmond. That's still the plan, technically, but for plenty of people, it seems far fetched. Sporting events across the globe have been canceled or postponed, some as far out as August as the coronavirus continues to grow and spread. 

Redskins head coach Ron Rivera seems like he has a plan at the quarterback position in case training camp does get pushed back. 

"If we were told, hey, you've got two weeks to go, I would feel very comfortable with Kyle [Allen]," Rivera said via SI, "because here's a guy that knows the system, has been in the system and could handle it for us for a period of time, and we'll see how that goes. That's kind of the thought process behind it for us."

Rivera's comments make a lot of sense but still underscore the shaky ground for Washington at the quarterback position. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-have-coronavirus-contingency-plan-qb-and-his-name-kyle-allen

15 hours ago, MartinC said:

No need to be nervous if I quote you - unless you have broken some rule or other 🙂 But other than that my opinion carries no more weight than anyone else's around here.

I think of MartinC as Hephaestus, blacksmith to the Gods. He may not be the guy you think of going into battle, but he's got all the pointy stabby things and knows how they work. :silly:

@Skinsinparadise

I think this is also the only situation which could make it okay to start Allen and let Haskins take the job later when he’s caught up. 

Otherwise sitting Haskins means you move on, but this virus changes that. If Haskins needs more time, he can get it and not be cast off.

That would also allow RR to take note of how hard Haskins works (and Haskins to prove he has changed his ways) when he’s not “the man”. 

Obviously, if Haskins shows proficiency and a solid grasp of the playbook none of what I said above matters. If he doesn’t, this is one of the very few scenarios it can play out with Allen starting week 1 and Haskins is still the vision of the franchise guy.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

@Skinsinparadise

I think this is also the only situation which could make it okay to start Allen and let Haskins take the job later when he’s caught up. 

Otherwise sitting Haskins means you move on, but this virus changes that. If Haskins needs more time, he can get it and not be cast off.

That would also allow RR to take note of how hard Haskins works (and Haskins to prove he has changed his ways) when he’s not “the man”. 

Obviously, if Haskins shows proficiency and a solid grasp of the playbook none of what I said above matters. If he doesn’t, this is one of the very few scenarios it can play out with Allen starting week 1 and Haskins is still the vision of the franchise guy.

Reporters seem all over the place on the Haskins-Allen stuff.  Finlay puts out a tweet that his takeaway from the Rivera virtual press conference yesterday is that Haskins in the starter, then he writes an article the next day saying Allen could start depending on context.

Then we got Standig saying this below.  I don't know what to make of it aside from I think there will be a genuine competition and I presume Rivera wants Haskins to win the job and expects he probably will but doesn't rule out Allen. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 8.59.27 AM.png

Archived