Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This ranks right up there with McD5 or whatever his name was projecting Greg McElroy as the next Tom Brady before his draft as one of the most non sensical posts in the history of this forum.

What is lacking in wit, is more than made up for in effort. May your next 31,000 posts be more memorable than the first.

7976DEF4-B588-4C42-9025-7495B40CC3E5.gif

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

This ranks right up there with McD5 or whatever his name was projecting Greg McElroy as the next Tom Brady before his draft as one of the most non sensical posts in the history of this forum.

Believe that was the old AtlantaSkinsFan

22 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I kinda miss the days of tr1, and some of the Cowboy fans that used to frequent here...

Not me (in regards to tr1). Never could stand the fans who were more interested in trolling other fans with extreme homerism during our period of irrelevance than actually knowing anything about the team. They were eventually quarantined to the ATN forum which must have gotten boring. Or maybe we just got so bad that they didn't have the heart to keep pointing at 30 year old trophies. 

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I kinda miss the days of tr1, and some of the Cowboy fans that used to frequent here...

I dont....

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not me (in regards to tr1). Never could stand the fans who were more interested in trolling other fans with extreme homerism during our period of irrelevance than actually knowing anything about the team. They were eventually quarantined to the ATN forum which must have gotten boring. Or maybe we just got so bad that they didn't have the heart to keep pointing at 30 year old trophies. 

For the longest time, ATN was basically tr1 (in a dirty nightgown covered in spittle) muttering to himself incoherently and biting weary trespassers

tr1 was right about the Cowboys far, FAR more than he was wrong...which I thoroughly enjoyed lol. The arrogance some of the old Cowboy fans brought to ES needed to be deflated, and I grew tired of Skins fans being doormats to the Dallas fans who came here and put down the team. tr1 and Bubba took up the mantle of keeping them in place. It's been rather calm on that front lately because a far larger contingent of Cowboys fans are now echoing stuff tr1 and Bubba were saying back then and are rivaling Skins fans in terms of ridiculing their owner and front office.

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Bit of hyperbole for you all on this fine Saturday.

You do see some people learning from the ES.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, volsmet said:

It seems to me, without taking a deep dive, that the elite TEs in this game have been going deeper into the post season than the supposedly elite QBs. Brady lost Gronk & he was done, Kelce v Kittle in the SB & then there are the Ravens who mauled everyone in 2019. 

Haskins needs a TE. River and Turner both have stated the value of a TE in their system. And yet, we stayed very disciplined in FA, Rivera stating we were interested in Hooper but by no means wanted to set the FA market with his contract. Can’t argue with that I guess.

I feel like we should be drafting one mid rounds. Not sure Rivera sees it that way. It’s almost like they think they can find a viable, productive TE without breaking the bank or reaching in the draft. Or we can develop someone on the roster already.

Options still open that we maybe get a younger TE in any Trent trade scenario that might unfold. Short term, as we were linked with Delanie Walker, perhaps he’s picked up post draft. 

I’m am slightly concerned we’re going to through a whole load of mud at the wall in the hope something sticks. Time will tell.

Here’s the thing, guys...

Do you think that TE is going to be available at 66? The Kelce? The Gronk? The Kittle?

Or are we advocating drafting one for the sake of it? 

Im not opposed to drafting one and seeing what happens, but I’m not sure that tight end is in the draft. 

What I do see is that the Skins are trying to build their tight end corps more like the Ravens. Good blocking, decent receiving options. They’ve already got a good start on that. That could be capped by one of the TEs in this draft.

But for the tweets and such referencing Haskins’ guy... that guy isn’t in this draft in my opinion. And if he is, he’ll be long gone by 66.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

What I do see is that the Skins are trying to build their tight end corps more like the Ravens. Good blocking, decent receiving options. They’ve already got a good start on that. That could be capped by one of the TEs in this draft.

I don’t think we are intentionally trying to build like that at all. I think that is the hand we have been dealt at present. I don’t know if the draft will help our short term to medium term options at TE, but the below is what Rivera wants....

On the tight end position: 

“Well I think there’s a lot to explore. It’s one of those things that in the system you love to have a guy with Greg Olsen type of ability, who is a primary ball catcher, a guy that goes out and finds the hole, finds the crease, can separate when the ball is in the air at the right time, and that’s one of the things that Greg Olsen did very, very well for us. You know Logan Thomas is a guy that we see some glimpses of that type of athletic ability. Pete Hoener our tight end coach felt very strongly about this guy’s abilities, mostly because he thought he was a very smart and savvy football player, he’s a tremendous athlete. And he’s just learning and getting the position right now. Remember he is a converted quarterback, a guy that has a skillset that is a little unique because of his understanding of the way offenses work. We brought in Richard Rodgers, a guy that has had success when he was in Green Bay playing with Aaron Rodgers. I got to know Aaron a little bit and one thing Aaron always thought that this was the kind of guy who was a safety valve, a go to guy, that just knew how to get himself open in position and I can also say every time we played against Green Bay, Richard had a good game. He’s another guy that we just feel that can come in and compete and be a part of what we’re trying to do. This offense is a multi-personnel offense, we’re not going to just sit there in eleven personnel, three wide-receivers or ten wide-receivers, we’re going to go back and forth. We’re going to go with one tight end, two tight ends, three tight ends type of offense, so having multiple tight ends on your roster is going to be very beneficial to you so these guys we all believe are going to fit. We like the guys that were here to begin with. And again, we look forward to getting them ready.”

I wasn’t saying that was the long term intent, though, brother. Just that it’s what we’re doing because we have to. There aren’t any top level tight ends available. So building a platoon that can block and catch a bit is the prevailing strategy.

Its adaptation and its good to see.

Very unlikely scenario. We'd have to trade to make this happen, and unlikely we sacrifice a trade for him IMO

Report: Redskins have done 'serious research' on QB Jordan Love ahead of draft

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/12/redskins-research-jordan-love-draft/

"According to a new report from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the Redskins may be interested in another QB though — Utah State’s Jordan Love — saying that Washington is one of several teams who have been doing their homework on the QB."

10 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

An elite TE really does help. Look at Brady with vs without Gronk. Such an enormous upgrade to an offense, especially if that guy can also block.

Sure. But they are extremely rare. They are more rare than a top end QB... one of the rarest spots to find an elite guy.

51 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

An elite TE really does help. Look at Brady with vs without Gronk. Such an enormous upgrade to an offense, especially if that guy can also block.

IIRC, that only applied to this last year, during his retirement.

As I seem to recall Gronk getting hurt one year recently, and was out for the remainder of the year, and Brady still took the Pats to the Super Bowl

On 4/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, Warhead36 said:

Oh boy that brings back memories - and it was a whole thread not just a post. It wasn’t McD5 though it was some guy who claimed he was the CEO of a data company who had built this foolproof statistical model that predicted future NFL success for QBs. Greg McElroy was his ‘Great White Hope’ that only his model could see the greatness in.

I can’t remember what name he posted under or if he finally got banned or just stopped posting because he was so far out on a limb there was no climbing back.

Not quite as bad as the Cult of Colt thread for Colt Brennan. But it was up there.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Elite TEs can be found in the middle rounds but from what I've heard this year's class is extremely weak. Don't reach.

Yes. Any position can have an elite player in rounds 1-7 or UDFA or working as a super market clerk and playing in the Arena Football League. 

But the point was: That guy isn't likely to be there at pick 66. There are a few intriguing guys on the board that could turn out well, but they'll either be unavailable at 66 or should be available later. 

Reaching is an inherent mistake. That's why I don't advocate a "need" draft. Some combo of BPA weighted with need is the winning formula, imo. 

47 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. Any position can have an elite player in rounds 1-7 or UDFA or working as a super market clerk and playing in the Arena Football League. 

But the point was: That guy isn't likely to be there at pick 66. There are a few intriguing guys on the board that could turn out well, but they'll either be unavailable at 66 or should be available later. 

Reaching is an inherent mistake. That's why I don't advocate a "need" draft. Some combo of BPA weighted with need is the winning formula, imo. 

Exactly. Tiers/color coded is the most common avenue. It clusters players together so that you can chose a TE ranked #42 overall over a CB ranked #38 overall, assuming they are in the same tier. but if TE #42 is in Tier 4 as "Fringe Starter" and CB #38 is in Tier 3 as "Plus Starter", you have to take the CB, or trade down.

You NEVER pick a lower tiered player when I higher one is available... The ONLY caveat would be a Bengles situation where Chase Young might be Tier 1 "All Pro/HOF" and Burrow/Tua might be Tier 2 "Pro Bowl caliber"... It is so rare to be in a position to get a QB ranked as Tier 1 or 2, that you COULD make the sacrifice if you have the clear hole at QB.

Apparently on an Instagram post that stated that the redskins are set to draft chase young, haskins commented “welcome back home”, and, i **** you not, some moron on twitter finds a way to **** all over haskins about it. 

Was trying to find his tweet, looks like he deleted every one of his moronic responses, but the gist of it was “he should stay off social media and not comment on stuff like this” (pretty much don’t comment, and focus on football). Ummm....what? You DO realize tons of nfl players recruit their former college teammates to their nfl teams, right? 😂😂😂

Archived