Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, Alcoholic Zebra said:

You're kidding me.  Kollman is normally smarter than this.

Allen's team went 5-6 during this stretch, in large part because Allen is crazy good athlete that kept drives alive with his legs.  This leap got him enough yards for a 1st down.  Haskins does not have the mobility to keep plays alive and pick up stuff off script.

Josh Allen Hurdle GIF by nlk21 | Gfycat

You guys are missing the point of bringing up Josh Allen. The grass is greener mindset only has you guys watching his highlights. His lowlights were equally as amazing. Washington would have been calling him a bust, brought in a coach who wanted someone else, and Allen would be another victim of our culture.

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

They started the season out of contention? 

I’ll admit, Rivera has left me perplexed this season, so I’m operating under some bias thought at the moment. 

They started the season not knowing what to expect from the team. The team has performed better than expected, and as Ron puts it they are playing winning football and deserve better play at the qb position. Things changed now that after 4 weeks it seems they are a team that can compete for the east and make the playoffs. Ron gave Haskins his shot and he failed. Ron doesn't owe him any more than that.

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

Joe Banner blocked me. How about that.

In fairness, I did say that reports out of Philly was he was forced to resigned because he was a jerk and no one liked him. And his behavior on Twitter did nothing to dispel that...

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is not about Josh Allen being better or worse. Clearly mixed two thoughts. Correcting it here since it seems to cause an uproar.  Too many emotions here. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Kyle Allen is the back up. He is going in next. Will see what he does. But he's likely a back-up.  Next is Alex.   In the end my main point through all of this is that those defending Haskins are either ignoring or just thinking about this having to be more than about play. He has not been good. But it feels like an awful quick trigger. I have to think there is more to it than just his play. 

Ridiculuous.  Horrible idea to bring another offensive coordinator. He was starting to play so well the last few games last year.  They brought a new system, and he struggled.

Guess what, Haskins was behind in learning the system last year as well, but he finished very strong.  

You don't learn without experience.  So now Haskins is a bust.

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s not all his fault. And anyone who thinks that is way off base. This stuff falls on the guys who drafted him: Allen and Snyder. The situation was not ideal for HIM to develop. And it’s still not.

I find it comical that people are blaming Rivera for this. Snyder has yet another scapegoat 

I lean towards there being other variables involved and the obvious below average play on the field, but I’m just confused at the way the season has been managed overall by Rivera and the Haskins situation being piece of the overall pie.

Less to do with Snyder and Haskins, its the independent actions of Rivera. 

7 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Ignoring how we would have ruined Josh Allen isn't helpful, but okay. I point out his development because it's what we claim to be trying to do here. Develop a QB. We just do all the wrong things.

It was a clear mix of topics that have been fixed. Not saying anything about Allen being ruined here. My point was Haskins and Josh Allen have nothing to do with each other and brining him into does nothing for the argument. 

My bigger point was that you are ignoring that this has to be more than just his play. Clearly there were some attitude issues. But we will see. 

9 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its not like he wrote a letter and sent it through USPS notarized mail. He saw a tweet by Ian Rappaport and responded. So yes I think he did post it withoug asking permission

Have you observed Haskins at all since draft day?  The red flags with this dude have been there ever since.  I'm not saying he's a terrible person or anything like that, but he appears fragile to criticism and immature.  That doesn't bode well as a very developmental QB in the NFL.  Agents don't make posts like that on social media, without running it by the player first.  Maybe not exact words, but the premise of the tweet, definitely.  It's basically the agent taking the bullets for the player.  It's finger pointing and deflection, neither of which are what you want from your quarterback.  

Some people want to make this decision out to be everything other than what it's really about: Rivera doing what he thinks is best for the team and the development of young players.  Haskins had one year of college ball; has horrific mechanics, is learning a new system and doesnt have a ton of talent around him.  It's really asking too much of him.  Combine that with what appears to be his desire (understandable at his age) to let ego get in the way and it's clear as day he needs more time to develop.  This can be a real wake up call for Haskins if he decides to approach it that way.  I think we will learn a lot about the guy now that he's facing real adversity as a professional. 

I'm also sure this is a well considered decision by Rivera and the staff.  This team isn't about the development of just one player.  The offense and the defense must have looked around and begun to ask why they are giving max effort when the QB position isn't anywhere near what it has to be to give them a chance week to week.  My suspicion, unfounded of course, is that Rivera is also reading between the lines with veterans and understood early on that if Dwayne really regressed or showed no improvement, he'd have to be pulled. 

2 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

They started the season not knowing what to expect from the team. The team has performed better than expected, and as Ron puts it they are playing winning football and deserve better play at the qb position. Things changed now that after 4 weeks it seems they are a team that can compete for the east and make the playoffs. Ron gave Haskins his shot and he failed. Ron doesn't owe him any more than that.

Huh?

The laymen fan expected what we’ve seen from the team: a competent defense with a young offense that is struggling. 

Tough sell to say the coaches had no idea and not go all out to compete. I get this idea when out of contention to end a 4 game block to a season or something. 

7 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

You're kidding me.  Kollman is normally smarter than this.

Allen's team went 5-6 during this stretch, in large part because Allen is crazy good athlete that kept drives alive with his legs.  This leap got him enough yards for a 1st down.  Haskins does not have the mobility to keep plays alive and pick up stuff off script.

Josh Allen Hurdle GIF by nlk21 | Gfycat

You sure about that?

Archived