Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I disagree. This move means he gave Haskins a shot and then moved how he moves.

I came out of my cave to watch media reaction about this, and the initial reactions confirm my suspicion about this being a weird move.

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

His agent is a grown man and can do things at his own accord. We do not know that Haskins had any involvement in this and I will not assume it just as I defend Haskins here, but not because he told me to, but because I like him and feel like a lot of the fans here are treating him unfairly. His agent may have seen similar things on a larger scale and decided to speak up. 

That’s not how an attorney client representation works. 100% false.

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I watched Josh Allen his entire career. Talk to me about how Washington reacts to his bone headed plays, staring down receivers, forcing passes, deep ball inaccuracies, and other struggles to start his career? I was amazed watching how Buffalo had his back through those games. He is a bust here and the articles are all over the place his rookie year.

I live in the Buffalo market. If he rushed for 1100 yards and 17 TD in DC I think we’d be alright.

46 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Well yea. When you are out of contention it's much easier to justify development, teams do it all the time. When you are in contention and a player is hurting you, he gets the bench. 

They started the season out of contention? 

I’ll admit, Rivera has left me perplexed this season, so I’m operating under some bias thought at the moment. 

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

I watched Josh Allen his entire career. Talk to me about how Washington reacts to his bone headed plays, staring down receivers, forcing passes, deep ball inaccuracies, and other struggles to start his career? I was amazed watching how Buffalo had his back through those games. He is a bust here and the articles are all over the place his rookie year.

This is not about Josh Allen being better or worse. He is the back-up so he goes in next. He is very likely to be as bad or maybe even worse. If so, they end up playing Alex. 

The biggest thing this gives you is a guy who understands more of the offense. So you evaluate more players and more team situations. It appears Mr. Haskins was limited. 

Buty again, those that are supporting him - are choosing to ignore this could be about more than just his play. I agree he really hasn't played bad enough or long enough to call it in this offense. So that tells me it's likely more than his play. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The dude sucked from the beginning. Had a crap attitude about being drafted in the first round at 15. Had no interest in what was happening during the games while he was backup on the sidelines. Played like a pile of garbage when he came in. Had Paterson call him out for not being prepared. Helped get his coach fired. Barely had some limited success then went to the stands to take selfies while a game was still being played. Helped us finish bad enough to get Chase Young (his greatest value and that alone worth the first). Decided to become a social media influencer in the off season. Played like the pile of garbage that came into the Giants game his first 4 weeks this year. Had his agent put out a passive aggressive statement tantamount to asking for a trade or release while trashing his teammates. Pouts like a baby on the practice field after having his starting job and pants taken from him. That’s the weak mindset.

A diversion from the facts for a long scapegoat post. We love picking out a player as our negative energy dumpster. The kid struggled, but was hardly what you all are pushing. I've read it here for decades so I know the pattern by now. Haskins wasn't the problem.

Just now, IrepDC said:

A diversion from the facts for a long scapegoat post. We love picking out a player as our negative energy dumpster. The kid struggled, but was hardly what you all are pushing. I've read it here for decades so I know the pattern by now. Haskins wasn't the problem.

He was statistically the worst qb in the nfl for the 2nd year running. He's most definitely the problem or at least a big part of the problem. 

10 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Haskins should have had 5 interceptions that game.  It was truly an F performance.  Dude was missing wide open receivers (look at the first play of the 2nd half against Cleveland).  

You're being kind, I think it was more like 6 or 7.  It was a hideous performance.

Just now, goskins10 said:

This is not about Josh Allen being better or worse. He is the back-up so he goes in next. He is very likely to be as bad or maybe even worse. If so, they end up playing Alex. 

The biggest thing this gives you is a guy who understands more of the offense. So you evaluate more players and more team situations. It appears Mr. Haskins was limited. 

Buty again, those that are supporting him - are choosing to ignore this could be about more than just his play. I agree he really hasn't played bad enough or long enough to call it in this offense. So that tells me it's likely more than his play. 

Ignoring how we would have ruined Josh Allen isn't helpful, but okay. I point out his development because it's what we claim to be trying to do here. Develop a QB. We just do all the wrong things.

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Screenshot_20201007-115940_Chrome.jpg

You're kidding me.  Kollman is normally smarter than this.

Allen's team went 5-6 during this stretch, in large part because Allen is crazy good athlete that kept drives alive with his legs.  This leap got him enough yards for a 1st down.  Haskins does not have the mobility to keep plays alive and pick up stuff off script.

Josh Allen Hurdle GIF by nlk21 | Gfycat

Just now, IrepDC said:

Ignoring how we would have ruined Josh Allen isn't helpful, but okay. I point out his development because it's what we claim to be trying to do here. Develop a QB. We just do all the wrong things.

Yes, drafting a statue to a lame duck regime.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its not like he wrote a letter and sent it through USPS notarized mail. He saw a tweet by Ian Rappaport and responded. So yes I think he did post it withoug asking permission

Im not trying to be a smart ass but you have to not be paying attention if you think official tweets arnt how you do business in 2020. Our own government is run by them now. 

He represents his client at all times. Thats why they make so much money. None of them do this stuff without permission, and when they do they are fired. Thats how the business has worked for a long time now. I mean we can disagree here, but I can tell you with almost 100% certainty you are wrong just because the guy is still hired and the tweet wasnt deleted AND there has been no "These were just my statements and in no way reflect Dwayne Haskins" bull**** afterwards. 

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

He was statistically the worst qb in the nfl for the 2nd year running. He's most definitely the problem or at least a big part of the problem. 

I'm rooting for Allen. I expect him to do better with more comfort in the system. The day we develop a QB successfully, we will have to take our lumps and stay loyal. 

Archived