Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ron said he wants players who want to be here. As much as I think Haskins is a bust he’s doing a disservice to himself. How he handles a benching will determine if he gets a shot elsewhere. No one is going to bring him in to be the de facto starter. His agent isn’t doing him any favors either.

Yep hes done if he cant take this in stride. Plenty of men have gone from this exact situation and at least made a backup career out of it. But you cant do that and pout. People dont have the time for your BS at this level. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Josh Rosen is on a practice squad. Do you actually think Haskins has more value than Josh right now? I’m honestly curious because I don’t.

I do. But it’s all via optics. We’ll see I guess. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him released... but there are moves made all the time I don’t understand, so I wouldn’t be surprised with a third rounder, either :ols:

Just now, Llevron said:

If we arnt going to play him them im not sure we care about his confidence. And if his confidence is crushed by this then he was all bravado from the start. 

And i think you are taking this too seriously. He wasnt preforming well, the coaches gave him a shot, the coaches even SAID they would bench his ass if he didnt get better. He didnt get better he got worse. It is what it is at this point. The team has to move on and try to win. They DONT have to do it with him. (again, I say this as a guy that was rooting for him) 

No other developing QB gets sent threw hoops of dysfunction to test his confidence. If you are blaming him for not enjoying this nonsense culture, you're likely missing the bigger picture about WHY we have the reputation we do in the football world.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Josh Rosen is on a practice squad. Do you actually think Haskins has more value than Josh right now? I’m honestly curious because I don’t.

I do.  I thought Haskins finished last season fairly strong.   He got off to a bad poor start this year.  I don't think the value for Haskins is high, but I think he has more value than Rosen at this point.

12 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I always assumed it was because you are insane and posting from a mental institution...

Or you were one of those people that laughs at funerals seeing as tho funeral and Redskins....sorry WTF...I mean WFT fan are pretty much the same....

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt your post was an attempt at humor lol...a thousand pardons if was meant to be serious.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So in other words you didn't know, you just speculated and you were passing off that speculation as fact. Got it.

Wait.. this is an NFL forum for a bunch of arm chair coaches.. let me open a secret for you...shhh....  all we do is speculate. Nobody knows anything for a fact when it comes to what NFL teams do ... but you seem "special"

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

No other developing QB gets sent threw hoops of dysfunction to test his confidence. If you are blaming him for not enjoying this nonsense culture, you're likely missing the bigger picture about WHY we have the reputation we do in the football world.

Naw I get it but Ron cant make moves based on our reputation. He had to do what he thought was the best move for this team and he did that not considering anything else. Thats exactly what I want. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I do. But it’s all via optics. We’ll see I guess. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him released... but there are moves made all the time I don’t understand, so I wouldn’t be surprised with a third rounder, either :ols:

I hope you’re right. I just don’t see it.

Just now, Califan007 said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt your post was an attempt at humor lol...a thousand pardons if was meant to be serious.

Yeah..it was a poor attempt at humor...it was rushed and just I had no vision of the field at the time...

I'll just carry the clipboard for awhile... ;)

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wonder if they are going to shop him... and if they do what kind of compensation they’re looking at.

First round pick a year ago. Showed he needs a lot of work. 3ish years left on his rookie deal. I’m not sure who, but someone would probably give something up... 4th? 5th? 6th? 7th?

5th at best I would think. I’d shop for him for anything at this point - having him inactive and not even practicing does worse than nothing for the team. Or Haskins.

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

More body language.

He’s wearing white pants... someone familiar with WFT practices... is the practice squad QB in white pants generally? Because everyone else on the O is in burgundy.

19 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I always assumed it was because you are insane and posting from a mental institution...

Or you were one of those people that laughs at funerals seeing as tho funeral and Redskins....sorry WTF...I mean WFT fan are pretty much the same....

I've put two warning is this thread about this over the last two days. Do NOT attack other posters. Warnings are now over - points and bans are not.

Archived