Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Second tweet by Finlay says it all.  The other guys know what an NFL QB looks like on game day, at practice, etc.  I'm sure veterans can stomach growing pains if there is real commitment and growth, but Haskins hasn't shown that.  There are may reasons why, but if the choice is between benching a player who really isnt where he needs to be or losing the team, then it's a clear choice.

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Huh?

The laymen fan expected what we’ve seen from the team: a competent defense with a young offense that is struggling. 

Tough sell to say the coaches had no idea and not go all out to compete. I get this idea when out of contention to end a 4 game block to a season or something. 

I don't know what you're confused by. He started the season giving Haskins a chance and having a lot of unknowns. After 4 weeks he believes the team is better than expected and has a chance to win a pretty bad east. He along with many others doesn't believe Haskins gives him much of a chance to do that, so he's pulling the plug early. He literally tells you why he's doing it. 

Rivera from press conference (not exact quotes):

"I think our best chance to win right now is by putting the ball in somebody elses's hands" 

"We have three capable quarterbacks. I've got two guys (Allen and Smith) that I've lined up as one two and that's what I'm going with."

On Dwayne's agent saying Dwayne was  in an unfair situation because of the talent around him " It will be the same for Kyle. Kyle will have the same guys out there and have the same unfair shake and we'll see...look at the situation we have now in the next four games...I have a guy who has a feel backed up by another guy that has a better feel...I'm here to win and now is an opportunity to win."

"I know he (Kyle) knows the offense he's been in the system."

On what he told Snyder before making the decision to bench Haskins: "I don't tell anybody what I'm thinking... I thought about this the first of the year. Looked at the schedule...wanted to win 2 of the first four games... these are the things I thought about I went to Scott and Scott thought it's not a bad idea. We're putting the ball in the hands of someone who knows the system."

2 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

Stupid short-term thinking.

Honestly, our HC is not very intelligent.  He does not know how to think long term.  

The long-term thinking would have been to develop Haskins.

Horse****. You have to win to keep the players playing hard. Losing helps no one. 

We should know this already. If you think you can win, you ****ing go out there and win. You dont sacrifice another year of every other player on this team just to watch Haskins grow. Especially when the coach is flat out saying the player IS NOT growing. There is not a single good NFL team that does that. Point one out.  

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am listening to the Rivera press conference, Standig just asked him about the tweet from Haskins' agent.  Rivera had a funny quip back saying well then Kyle Allen will have the same unfair shake. 

Such a great response!! Love it

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

On Dwaynes agent saying Dwayne was in an unfair situation " It will be the same for Kyle. Kyle will have the same guys out there and have the same fair shake and we'll see...look at the situation we have now in the next four games...I have a guy who has a feel backed up by another guy that has experience...I'm here to win and now is an opportunity to win."

did he say fair or unfair?  I thought he said unfair but maybe I misheard.  It doesn't change the point though either way

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Not sure why anybody would be surprised or think that “something else” must I’ve happened. 

Haskins played poorly. Ron pulled the plug. Not a whole lot to figure out.

Ron said he gets the start against the Rams. For Aron to change that stance something must have occurred. Or he read the agents tweet.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Horse****. You have to win to keep the players playing hard. Losing helps no one. 

We should know this already. If you think you can win, you ****ing go out there and win. You dont sacrifice another year of every other player on this team just to watch Haskins grow. Especially when the coach is flat out saying the player IS NOT growing. There is not a single good NFL team that does that. Point one out.  

Short-term thinking has not worked for this team, but correct, most NFL teams think short-term.  

For anyone looking for Ron to convey that there is anything more to this than Dwayne simply not playing well enough, don't hold your breath.  The man is not dumb, he has a 1st round draft pick from last year at the most important position in football, he's not about to go out there and throw dirt on his name.  A depreciating asset, but an asset none the less.  I also don't take Ron as a guy that's going to make a bad situation even worse for Dwayne by digging the hole deeper.

14 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You guys are missing the point of bringing up Josh Allen. The grass is greener mindset only has you guys watching his highlights. His lowlights were equally as amazing. Washington would have been calling him a bust, brought in a coach who wanted someone else, and Allen would be another victim of our culture.

Probably right.  If he had been drafted by Jay/Bruce/etc in 2018 instead of signing Alex Smith.  Odds would be against him.

1 minute ago, redskins59 said:

Wow, what a ****ing idiot the HC is. So he made the change because the  media cried?

He never said that he made the change for the media's sake. He said that he made the change because the players on the team want to win, and that fans like us don't see the turmoil among the players when they're losing with Haskins. He also said it's ironic that the media is unhappy that Haskins is being benched after they were unhappy that Haskins wasn't being benched.

Ron's doing what he has to do.  They are heading into the softest part of their schedule and this team needs to feel like they're chasing something.  Rams will be tough but then it's Giants, Cowboys, Giants, Lions, Bengals, Cowboys and then 4 tough games (Steelers, 49ers, Seahawks, Panthers) before they end with Philly which who knows what Philly will look like by then.  

Archived