Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Dwayne wasn't perfect, but doesn't it feel like he's just better when the pressure is on? 

Hes only going to improve, I'm super happy he got this W.

I'm really concerned with his accuracy. Him trying to throw guys open was ugly the entire afternoon. He also missed a few guys who were wide open. I'll chalk some of it up to timing issues, given the abbreviated offseason and lack of pre-season. However, if he's throwing these lame duck passes and badly missing his guys in a few weeks, I'm going to get seriously worried.

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm really concerned with his accuracy. Him trying to throw guys open was ugly the entire afternoon. He also missed a few guys who were wide open. I'll chalk some of it up to timing issues, given the abbreviated offseason and lack of pre-season. However, if he's throwing these lame duck passes and badly missing his guys in a few weeks, I'm going to get seriously worried.

We will end up with a new QB if he is

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

The O-line was horrible for most of the game and there was no pocket until the end when the Eagles lost two of their better linemen. The run game was super erratic, too. I don’t blame a young QB for not getting his feet set under these conditions. As he got more comfortable, like he did throughout last year, I saw the accuracy improve greatly.

Not his best game, but he was solid.

Massive shows of leadership tho.

gave the halftime speech. Thanked each defensive player on the sideline. Gotta love that from QB1.

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm really concerned with his accuracy. Him trying to throw guys open was ugly the entire afternoon

Those guys were not exactly open. I think those throws were intentional. Where his WR could get it or no one. Ball was never in danger

55 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

He really hasn't had much time to grow with the new offense. There will be a few growing pains early in the season with him. 

It's always going to be tough for a QB still adjusting to playing under center, and making reads in a pro offense, when his receivers (other than 17 who was bracketed most of the game) can't get any separation. I like that there's no panic in him and he did make some really nice throws in key situations in the second half. No turnovers of course is great, and the pass pro should get some credit for that stat too. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You like that?

But honestly, we need to get better (either a new player or the current player improving) at about 9 of 11 positions on offense. QB is one of them.

Kirks legend built off a dropped int, what a game.

4 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm really concerned with his accuracy. Him trying to throw guys open was ugly the entire afternoon. He also missed a few guys who were wide open. I'll chalk some of it up to timing issues, given the abbreviated offseason and lack of pre-season. 

Yeah, I didn't see that at all.

Yes, I saw some misses obviously but I didn't see many wide open receivers. 🤷‍♂️

Heck, that's my biggest concern: Lack of speed at receiver.

Hoping for more down field throwing opportunities, but there could be a myriad of reason why they didn’t do more of it. His strength is the 15-30 yard windows, IMO. Obviously, lacking a lot of talent at the skill positions though. 

Was rough on offense. Not really impressed with Eagles defense either. 

I really want DH to be good & while he got the W his play was far from convincing, a good D will only take you so far you will need more from your QB as the Bears have found in the last few years.

BUT Brady, Big Ben & Russell Wilson weren't superstars when they won their first Superbowls, the leant on their team & learned to win which gave the room to grow into top level QBs. Obviously we aren't going to challenging for SB's but getting a few W's helps take pressure off DH & hopefully lets him become better than what we just saw, as there is clearly still a need for plenty of improvement

Archived