Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 hours ago, MartinC said:

Flowers has no business playing tackle in the NFL. But if you watch the cut ups of the game again he actually played reasonably well at guard. It was certainly not a train wreck.

I hear you, but I think we can do better at guard.  It’s okay to give him kudos now.  But wait until he gets blown up and our QB gets killed in a real game.

5 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Im going to disagree with this logic. We arent winning anything nor are we in contention. The plan was always for 2020. This year was about Alex showing our rookie the ropes, and passing it off in 2020. Things happened, but the plan stays the same. We rebuilt the DL from worst in the league to potentially one of the best, got younger almost everywhere, and now have a smart and driven rookie qb with the luxury of sitting and learning for a year.

I would pull the same exact strategy that Indianapolis has pulled (TWICE) going into the offseason. Tank the year and make a power move after. The first time they tanked during Peyton's surgery and landed Luck. The second time resulted in perennial all pro- Quentin Nelson among others and look at Indy now...

We could potentially tank most of this year while letting Haskins learn and eventually assume the starting spot in the second half, then flip that pick to a desperate franchise for a franchise altering haul.  If you move Trent for a 1st and 3rd, you are going to be absolutely rich in assets for a decade with a young qb of the future already on the roster. That is the best case scenario here. ( even if it comes at the expense of a terrible 2019 season)

Welp, no need for you to post again til next year, bye !!!

8 hours ago, MartinC said:

Flowers has no business playing tackle in the NFL. But if you watch the cut ups of the game again he actually played reasonably well at guard. It was certainly not a train wreck.

hmm....  he stinks.  Maybe I missed the part where played decently because he was so terrible on the first drive.

Flowers was a bright spot, imo. He wasn’t particularly good, but he showed signs of being far better than what we’ve had. He showed the talent that made him a prospect that went in round 1.

Of course, there were negatives, namely the fact that you could tell if we were going to run or pass based on his stance. If you watch the replay, you’ll not struggle to predict what the offense is going to do if you just look at big TF pre-snap.

18 hours ago, kfrankie said:

hmm....  he stinks.  Maybe I missed the part where played decently because he was so terrible on the first drive.

It appears you did miss. Maybe watch again.

20 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I hear you, but I think we can do better at guard.  It’s okay to give him kudos now.  But wait until he gets blown up and our QB gets killed in a real game.

Oh I totally agree. I am not saying Flowers has now set my mind at rest and I am ready to see him start 16 games at LG. We absolutely can do better - but I think credit where it is due he at least looked half ways decent albeit in preseason game 1.

Well, in case you were worried about Haskins...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/14/jimmy-garoppolo-has-had-better-days/

For a moment Wednesday, it must have seemed like Nathan Peterman slipped across the Bay.

No, it was actually just Jimmy Garoppolo.

According to Matt Maiocco of NBCSportsBayArea.com, the 49ers quarterback threw interceptions on five straight attempts in practice.

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looks like they're pushin McClendon up to speed, enough for clean-up duty Thursday night, with Colt a no-go.

Too bad for Colt. On the original depth chart, he appeared to have a leg up, on the competition. Now he's a leg down.

Rude lol. 

But it seriously you do feel a little bad for the dude. We all saw it coming, but it sucks. Worst yet we wasted reps on trying it one more time. 

I have loved Colt for a long time. He's been the good soldier, waiting for his turn to show what he can do when he's in full control of a team that isn't the Browns. He's gotten the chance thrice now, and it isn't going to work. All the love to him, but once he's healed up enough, get him a rocking chair and cane and put him on the sideline for the rest of his career. I'm sorry for Colt, but it isn't going to work.

6 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

With Gruden saying that McCoy can't do much he can't be starting week 1. Heck, sit him down and let him heal and give Haskins and Keenum more reps, not sure why they are giving him reps if he isn't healed.

I think at this point... you just need to cut McCoy and move on with Keenum and Haskins...  I really cannot see McCoy getting picked up by anyone and perhaps we can keep McCoy around as an coaching assistant....  If Keenum or Haskins gets hurt then resign McCoy.

We all knew this would happen. Now I'm just annoyed he took all those 1st team snaps from the guys actually healthy enough to compete and play. Those snaps would have been invaluable to the two guys who are new to the offense. 

7 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Colt is injured, Keenum isn't ver good and Haskins isn't ready. Should be a fun start to the season. 🙄

Case is serviceable, we have the horses to run the ball.  And i’d be shocked if we aren’t a top ten defense.

Can’t get hyped for Keenum, for whatever reason I favor McCoy much more. My guy says the Skins have a 1 in 3 shot at making something special happen with Mccoy at the helm. The players seem to believe this as well. Hope he gets it together in time to prep for week 3 of pre season. 

Haskins over Keenum (If coaches felt they could prepare a game plan he could execute)

Mccoy over both 

20 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Can’t get hyped for Keenum, for whatever reason I favor McCoy much more. My guy says the Skins have a 1 in 3 shot at making something special happen with Mccoy at the helm. The players seem to believe this as well. Hope he gets it together in time to prep for week 3 of pre season. 

Haskins over Keenum (If coaches felt they could prepare a game plan he could execute)

Mccoy over both 

The redskins have a much better shot with case than colt. 

I like colt as a backup, but Colt will never get you anywhere. This has been proven in the nfl. He lacks the arm strength to be a competent nfl qb. 

Case is the better player, first of all, and has led a team deep into the playoffs. He is our best chance but I don't think he's quite comfy here yet. Will need some more practice and preseason to get accustomed to the team. 

If things start too slowly, we'll see haskins after the bye. I think he'll pick it up soon. 

9 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

The redskins have a much better shot with case than colt. 

I like colt as a backup, but Colt will never get you anywhere. This has been proven in the nfl. He lacks the arm strength to be a competent nfl qb. 

Case is the better player, first of all, and has led a team deep into the playoffs. He is our best chance but I don't think he's quite comfy here yet. Will need some more practice and preseason to get accustomed to the team. 

If things start too slowly, we'll see haskins after the bye. I think he'll pick it up soon. 

Talent they’re both extremely similar with most reports saying Mccoy has the stronger arm (admittedly, I have no clue and only basing it off of player responses when asked questions). 

It’s hard to argue Colt over Case when comparing careers, but Colts experience in the system and similar talent tips the scale his way for me. I’m not bullish on it or anything, just prefer it at this stage, but who knows, that may change. 

I root for value in each season, wanting each game to matter until week 17 and bonus football, that’s a successful year for me. I feel there’s less of a chance of magic to take place this season with Keenum— With Colt, you have a tremendous amount of familiarity and kinship that may lend itself to having surprise 9-10 win season. 

Again, I’m not standing on much to support my position, just the gut feel I have heading into the year. 

Archived