Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

What I see from Haskins right now is a guy who just wasn't prepared to play.  He is making some correct reads but has  no timing with the starters.

We have read reports that Jay has basically shelved Haskins during the week, not even remotely really giving him any time and reps with the starters, which is pretty idiotic considering he is the backup. 

This just proves he wanted another qb. He is so unwilling to change that he is taking it out on a rookie qb. Poor coach and poor man. 

I'm calling a bust on haskins. He's got some talent but he is very raw. His lack of stability leads to inaccuracy. He likes to just flick the ball here and there. Ain't gonna work in the nfl. 

In time these things could be corrected but we drafted him when gruden was about to get fired so the new coach won't have patience. 

Sweat is a bust as well, workout stud who won't actually be good at his nfl position. 

It's a shame really. The redskins management is so stupid. 

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

im not making this call "now".  I made this call in advance of him being drafted at all.   because i watched I believe 7 of his college games last year.  all on youtube.  took notes.  wrote down every pass play attempted in what amounted to basically  half of his college career. 

You really need to get out more. None of this is worth bragging about.

Honestly I’ve seen nothing from Haskins that concerns me. Didn’t have a problem with his 2nd INT, those passes are made by all QBs, including the good ones.  The last INT was a timing issue.  He literally has a receiving core right now that probably couldn’t start for another NFL team.  Hasn’t had first team reps, has no run game.  

I think this is a good experience for him and, perhaps, makes him work harder.

2 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Yeah but I think Haskins needs to make sure he’s more turned around before chucking it. He had time. Sucks either way.

It's a timing thing, you cannot wait in this league to make eye contact with your receiver when he turns around. You can't wait for a guy to run open, you have to anticipate that he's about to be open. Even as a kid I was taught that when I made my cut to get open, the ball would be on me, depending on the play. That is just something they'll get down in practice once Haskins gets the reps. 

Archived