Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Okay, Haskins has had his time. Put him to bed, before he gets more nightmare material. Kiss him good night, put him up for adoption, and give him to parents who aren't incompetent drug addicts.

He doesn't look NFL ready but this roster and coaching staff doesn't help either

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

To be fair...

I don’t agree with his assessment that Haskins had bust written across his forehead. But he had some obvious issues that needed to be corrected for him to succeed as a pro. He was a project drafted on potential. Which he had heaps of.

He hasn’t developed. Which is unfortunate for this team because they really didn’t have a choice than to turn to him to see what they have before the 2020 draft.

Your take is sensible. Throwing him to the wolves with 3 starting lineman out, your best receiver out, best TE out and down by 14 isn’t the best opportunity for him. Not to mention he didn’t get starting reps. Not making excuses for his bad throws, but it’s a bad situation for any QB 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Three drives?  I hate some of our fans.

I want to make a joke/thinly veiled insult about how my post you quoted was directed at how badly the Redskins are destroying him, and that it's for his own good that he escape this madness. I don't know how to pass anything any clearer than that, so I got nothing for ya.

What I have seen of Miami this season so far is a bad team, but a team that has pride and is at least trying.  With Washington there is just a feeling of laziness out there, they are slow to everything, always feel two or more steps behind what the other team is doing (on either side of the ball).   

Once that game kicks off it is going to become apparent very quickly whether Washington is just bad, or if they are also pretty much phoning it in on top of it. 

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

Too bad Terry isn't playing today, I guarantee you he makes a better effort of that last INT than P Rich did.

Both of them Sprinkle could have actually attacked the ball like (I hope) they coach them but he was fading away instead. 

Just now, ddub52 said:

Your take is sensible. Throwing him to the wolves with 3 starting lineman out, your best receiver out, and down by 14 isn’t the best opportunity for him. Not making excuses for his bad throws, but it’s a bad situation for any QB 

Absolute agree with you. But it really HAD to be done. For many reasons. 

But it sucks. 

Just now, ddub52 said:

Your take is sensible. Throwing him to the wolves with 3 starting lineman out, your best receiver out, and down by 14 isn’t the best opportunity for him. Not to mention he didn’t get starting reps. Not making excuses for his bad throws, but it’s a bad situation for any QB 

Certainly not a scenario conducive to success, indeed.

3 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

keenum is a mediocre at best pro QB.  Haskins was a mediocre-at-best college QB.  Your first RED FLAG moment should have been when QB needy teams all passed on drafting haskins and the only one that wanted him was dan friggin snyder...who watches as much gamefilm as YOU do: none.

You're making a lot assumptions on not watching game film.  Not to mention how many teams passed on Haskins that didn't need QBs, that's majority of the first half of the draft.

you keep calling him mediocre, he set the Ohio State record for TDs in the his first season, broke it by 15 touchdowns.  If you want to argue that hasn't translated to the NFL or won't, this is his first game, its rediculous to make that call now and say everyone that spent months debating this jus didn't see what you saw.  Believe what you want to believe, what you should be hoping for is to be wrong, not right

Archived