Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

I’ve been watching football since I was a kid and one thing I know about football is that I know nothing about football. One thing I do know is I’m sick to ****ing death with all the I know better, I know how to scout, I’m a ****ing genius talent evaluator, and you should trust me cause sometimes I’m right with all the multiple hours I spend watching film and YouTube vids. ****er you know nothing or you suck as a person because if you did know anything you’d be working for a team.

seriously, the people who do know football like Kdawg don’t puff out their chest, they just bring knowledge. So stfu.

12 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Ridiculous post.  Haskins hasn’t even gotten his first start and you are labeling him a bust?  Maybe you can  find a soccer team to follow.  

I'll have the capitals.

I've given this team and its players the benefit of the doubt for the last 30 years. The only consistency is that the redskins will always let you down.

The questions I had about haskins from college seem to still be there. He looks super raw and I'm banking on the fact that the redskins never develop anyone. 

Im backing up that with the fact that he is going to have a new coach next year and less patience along with it. 

He deserves more time to develop but logically he has a very low chance to succeed here. Just calling it now. 

17 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The biggest thing working against Haskins is this franchise and the total lack of stability he will encounter here. 

I am not even mad at Jay. I think it is structurally impossible to thrive in this franchise. Player, coach, doesn’t matter. 

This is where talent comes to die.

I just don’t buy into it.  I won’t....evah!!!

12 minutes ago, carex said:

Haswkins was universally rated a first round draft pick

universally?  Give me your definition of "universally" LMAO!!!!  Because no team drafted him in the first round until the 15th pick and it , oh, lets choose YOUR word, universally reported that even the redskins scouting dept and coaches did not think Haskins was worth a 1st round pick.   only the owner, you know?  That genius QB guru, who studies mountains of game film, wanted to draft him....so, yeah, you're wrong.

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

so how about that 2020 draft

they only have 1 pick in the top 2 rounds.   they traded away their 2nd rounder (which is almost a first rounder) for another bust in Montez Sweat and they refuse to trade trent williams opting to let that resource go to trash...so they only have 1 pick.  my guess if there's an LEGIT QB, they'll go QB and trade off Haskins for a 3rd or something.

22 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

not to mention, im starting to believe the OTHER 1st round pick will be a bust, too.  This Montez Sweat guy?  Who when drafted, PFF (for what thats worth) had a second round grade on him and said he had no pass rush moves other than a bull rush and a run around the tackle routine (Brian Orakpo, anyone?).    I've seen really nothing from him, either, one quarter into his rookie season.  and they dont have a 2nd round pick next year, which will be at the TOP of the 2nd round because the owner forced the team to draft a mediocre QB in the first round which in response the scouts wanted to get something for themselves and traded a bit of their future for Sweat, who looks like an average player.  washington has nothing BUT average players.  Sweat is another one.

Doubling down huh?  Cool.  

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

universally?  Give me your definition of "universally" LMAO!!!!  Because no team drafted him in the first round until the 15th pick and it , oh, lets choose YOUR word, universally reported that even the redskins scouting dept and coaches did not think Haskins was worth a 1st round pick.   only the owner, you know?  That genius QB guru, who studies mountains of game film, wanted to draft him....so, yeah, you're wrong.

they only have 1 pick.   they traded away their 2nd rounder (which is almost a first rounder) for another bust in Montez Sweat and they refuse to trade trent williams opting to let that resource go to trash...so they only have 1 pick.  my guess if there's an LEGIT QB, they'll go QB and trade off Haskins for a 3rd or something.

Who ever thought Haskins was one of the best 32 players in college football need to get a grip on reality.

15 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

There are so many problems with this team right now it's hard to tell what many of the guys potential is. 

Is that only for the guys you like or is there some excel spreadsheet that you can share with the rest of the class that lets us know who to judge today and who to wait on?

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's not what "tanking" is and it's been talked about a lot here. Tanking is exactly what the Dolphins are doing, it is an organizational decision that happens above the coaches and players heads. Players and coaches are still trying to keep their jobs and get paid, they don't want to lose for any reason. The FO makes that decision and trades away a ton of pieces for draft picks so that even when trying, it's hard to win, and you rebuild.

This is Sports 101, players and coaches don't ever lose on purpose to tank. That's not what the word means at all. 

Remember how when trying to get Luck the Colts were 0 for the season until it was guaranteed they were the worst?

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I sincerely hope we go 0-16 and get a boatload of picks for someone who wants Tua. 

Weirdly it would be the best thing that can happen.  I get the whole this isn't the NBA argument that some make.  And yeah naturally one of 5 players can make a big difference.  But if you can trade a kings ransom for Tua its our best shot to escape this. 

28 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But he broke down Haskins' games on YouTube though. That takes... Dedication. I believe the dude is onto something here. 👍

I think sometimes the nuances of atmosphere can give people a bit of additional insight that other environments don't offer. Who are we to say that analysing Haskins film in an NFL scout room filled with football people is in any way superior to that lonely dick in his mom's basement?

Just now, carex said:

Remember how when trying to get Luck the Colts were 0 for the season until it was guaranteed they were the worst?

I have no idea what you're referring to. Players and Coaches ARE NOT in on an organizational plan to tank, in terms of gameday performance and choices, even if it's obvious what's happening. Those guys want to earn more money. It's the FO people with job security who trade away assets to tank. Period. The losing happens because the team gets stripped of players who can win, not because the players are trying to lose. 

How and why do you take the contrarian viewpoint on absolutely everything on this board. Is that how you cope? Strange. 

Archived