Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

While I’m ready for Gruden to go, it annoys me how he’s now at the forefront of the fan outrage. While Jay is very average (if not below average), he’s just a pawn. Firing him really does nothing but satisfy fan blood lust. 

Bruce has to go. Like now. Don’t care who the new coach is if that idiot is still around. 

I think you meant Dan needs to go, because as much as you want to blame Bruce. He is also just a pawn in all of this. The real problem is the owner. 

From what we've been hearing, it could happen after today's game against the giants.

Particularly if the Redskins get their clocks cleaned by the giants.

If it is a close game today, and the Redskins play well enough, Gruden will probably stick around a little longer.

However, if the Redskins get throttled, and are never in this game, Gruden and Manusky could be gone by the end of the day (or tomorrow morning).

22 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hearing from who?  Serious question.

The Washington (Com)Post had an article about it by Les Carpenter (though I can't link to it, as I don't have a subscription).

It's the (Com)Post though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe Finaly of NBC Sports Washington has said the same thing.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/history-suggests-jay-gruden-greg-manuskys-jobs-are-safe-history-isnt-always-right

10 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Rap just said that regardless of outcome, Jay will not be fired this week. 

Goddamn it. 

Darn, was really hoping I could come in here and lift everyone spirits with a hearty "Happy Gruden Gets Fired Day!!".

Oh wait, you said Rappaport said it?  Its on then!

Another reason Gruden should be fired, Keenum had a foot injury he was dealing with the entire week, missed some practice because of it, but that didn't compel Gruden to try and get Haskins more reps with starters in the case he would have to either start or play....instead it was likely Colt getting reps instead. 

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Another reason Gruden should be fired, Keenum had a foot injury he was dealing with the entire week, missed some practice because of it, but that didn't compel Gruden to try and get Haskins more reps with starters in the case he would have to either start or play....instead it was likely Colt getting reps instead. 

Has any reporter followed up on this? I’m confident you’re correct, but I want someone to ask this to gruden and put that in the public sphere. 

Also so put me in the camp of he so t get fired til seasons end. But he’s definitely getting fired 

IF Haskins is the guy going forward getting every single first team rep he can handle, Patriots or no, it might be better to see if he has any chemistry with O'Connell the rest of the year and just dump Gruden, who is doing no one any favors anyways.

That's probably football suicide with Belichick coming to town, but at least you could argue you're breaking tendencies and they won't have much tape on what to expect, as long as O'Connell isn't Gruden Jr. Which he very well may be, since we know nothing about him and have never seen him call plays.

I get the argument for going Gruden/McCoy with the Patriots on the docket and then moving on, but just saying I see the other way too. 

4 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Finlay is saying on the pre-game show that Gruden is probably safe, even if they lose badly to the giants.

He said Manusky, OTOH, may not make the plane ride home if the Redskins defense gives up 30+ points to a giants offense without Barkley.

We will see.

Manusky should make the plane ride home...He should land 15 minutes before the plane. Toss him!

Archived