Riggo-toni

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

  1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

    • After we lose to the Giants
      37
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
      41
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
      59
    • After the end of the season
      70
    • He comes back in 2020
      22


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Contract extension after beating the Patriots 

 

<Sigh> I remember when I was a young spud who suffered from Eternal Optimism

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

 

<Sigh> I remember when I was a young spud who suffered from Eternal Optimism

Ya know I'm completely ****ing around right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Contract extension after beating the Patriots 

Hold on now, Gruden might be good, but I don't know that's he's Steve Spurrier good.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Skins lose to the Giants and then get steamrolled by the Pats, which is likely, I could see it happening then.  At the latest, I see it coming during the bye week.  Going into the season, I was thinking it would happen after week 17.  But things are off to such a terrible start, with mass vitriol, and just the way Booger was talking during MNF, I have a feeling it's coming sooner than that.  I also expect the firing of Greg Manusky to happen at the same time.

 

I expect Bill Callahan to be promoted to interim head coach with Rob Ryan promoted to interim DC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Dan forces Jay to coach all the remaining games and in the process ruins him for anyone else that might think about hiring him. Don't give him the easy out of being fired. You built this **** team, now deal with the dam consequences. Want him so toxic that even a kids flag football team would look for someone else.

Edited by l7986
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, l7986 said:

I hope Dan forces Jay to coach all the remaining games and in the process ruins him for anyone else that might think about hiring him. Don't give him the easy out of being fired. You built this **** team, now deal with the dam consequences. Want him so toxic that even a kids flag football team would look for someone else.

Perhaps do a little research on professional football teams and how they operate.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I expect Bill Callahan to be promoted to interim head coach with Rob Ryan promoted to interim DC.

Originally, I dreaded the thought of Bill being a head coach after hearing bad things about how he transitioned, but I change my mind. Whenever Callahan walks into a room or the stadium, I want this blasting on loud speakers:

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those Jay Gruden lovers still clutching to the posters on their bedroom walls, keep in mind the Redskins are now 1-9 in their last 10 games, with only 1 game scoring more than 23 points, and only one game allowing less than 23 points.

 

And thats why he gets fired after an 0-5 start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kwitt said:

LOL as bad as we are we will be a sizable favorite at Miami.  

So, that doesn't mean we can't loose to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jay gets fired in the middle of the season, it'll be because either Bruce approved or he didn't put up much of a fight, and his acquiescence might buy him another year or so after Jay's gone. If Jay plays out the rest of the year, wishful thinking can only interpret it as Dan wanting to clean house completely with one fell stroke at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, that doesn't mean we can't loose to them.

Of course.  But the poll says "after we lose to Miami."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

For those Jay Gruden lovers still clutching to the posters on their bedroom walls, keep in mind the Redskins are now 1-9 in their last 10 games, with only 1 game scoring more than 23 points, and only one game allowing less than 23 points.

 

And thats why he gets fired after an 0-5 start.

Wait...WHAT!?!?!..THERES JAY GRUDEN POSTERS?..WALMART HEAR I COME!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling that Jay wants to be fired. His body language and lack of real emotion after these losses tells me he knows the end is near. I think he's ready to be done with this pathetic team. 

 

Outside of Norv, Snyder hasn't fired a coach mid-season before. He might let/make Gruden finish the year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Skins lose to the Giants, and Daniel jones, I think Jay and Manusky are out by Monday.  People keep saying Dan won't because firing Norv in season was a mistake, but the dumb thing about firing Norv was the Skins were 7-6 and still very much in the playoff hunt.  Jay's excuse so far is we've played 3 playoff teams from last year.  Well The Giants are nothing so there's no excuse and dropping 0-3 in the division pretty much does this team in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wait...WHAT!?!?!..THERES JAY GRUDEN POSTERS?..WALMART HEAR I COME!!

 

Don't forget to also grab yourself a Dan Snyder voodoo doll which also comes with a bonus Bumbling Bruce Puppet.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I am guessing after we lose to the Dolphins.

 

I agree, although during the bye week is my second choice. Haskins would then start against the Jets I think it is after the bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I have a feeling that Jay wants to be fired. His body language and lack of real emotion after these losses tells me he knows the end is near. I think he's ready to be done with this pathetic team. 

 

Outside of Norv, Snyder hasn't fired a coach mid-season before. He might let/make Gruden finish the year. 

If he doesn't want to be there,  he should quit.  

 

 

Who thinks Jay is back in 2020? I would like hear their reasoning.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

They’ve become dartboards 

That's code for they sell them at Target okay got ya I'll backtrack to Target thanks

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

 

 

 

Who thinks Jay is back in 2020? I would like hear their reasoning.

 

If Dan is back and Bruce is also back then why not?

 

May as well save some money in order to create a better circus for our entertainment.

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If he doesn't want to be there,  he should quit.  

 

 

Who thinks Jay is back in 2020? I would like hear their reasoning.

Only way dude comes back is if this team does a complete lol hahaha 180 hahaha lol and go lol hahaha on a win...rotflmao haha streak...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

For those Jay Gruden lovers still clutching to the posters on their bedroom walls, keep in mind the Redskins are now 1-9 in their last 10 games, with only 1 game scoring more than 23 points, and only one game allowing less than 23 points.

 

And thats why he gets fired after an 0-5 start.

 

Won't happen.  See my reply to ExoDus below.

 

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I have a feeling that Jay wants to be fired. His body language and lack of real emotion after these losses tells me he knows the end is near. I think he's ready to be done with this pathetic team. 

 

Outside of Norv, Snyder hasn't fired a coach mid-season before. He might let/make Gruden finish the year. 

 

It's been almost 20 years since he fired Norv and he said in an interview (rare - since he typically avoids the media) like 10 years ago that he made a lot of mistakes early on, citing firing Norv mid-season as one of them.  I don't see it happening until after the season.  With the coaching staff we have, it wouldn't make sense, imo. 

 

And those dropping Callahan's name, nah.  This team isn't going to magically improve under him and start winning games.  Our defense is putrid, Bill ain't going to be able to fix that.  Snyder has also never fired any coordinators during the season.  I wish that would change this year and we get rid of Manusky immediately.  Not sure why they thought a guy that had the #26, #20, #11 (one near top 10 finish) and #26 ranked defenses would be a good choice for D-coordinator in the first place.

 

 

30 minutes ago, drowland said:

If the Skins lose to the Giants, and Daniel jones, I think Jay and Manusky are out by Monday.  People keep saying Dan won't because firing Norv in season was a mistake, but the dumb thing about firing Norv was the Skins were 7-6 and still very much in the playoff hunt.  Jay's excuse so far is we've played 3 playoff teams from last year.  Well The Giants are nothing so there's no excuse and dropping 0-3 in the division pretty much does this team in.  

 

This team is already done in at 0-3.  And he's said before he wouldn't fire a coach mid-season again.  He could have definitely fired Zorn (year 2), Shanny (year 4) and Spurrier (year 2) before the season was over but he didn't.  And while the Giants aren't a playoff team, neither are we and we are playing them on the road, so it's not going to be an easy game.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.