Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: When will Gruden be fired

Riggo-toni

When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. When will El Dano fire Jay Gruden?

• After we lose to the Giants
    • After we get humiliated by the Patriots
    • After we lose to the hapless Dolphins
    • After the end of the season
    • He comes back in 2020

6 minutes ago, Hooper said:

It’s hard for Dan to fire Bruce when Bruce clings to him like a barnacle. Never seen anything like it. Pathetic.

Dan needs that though.  It’s rather clear after 20 years that everything people said about him 20 years ago was true and remains that way. Socially awkward dweeb that got rich on the backs of others.  20 years later he’s still the same schmuck.

7 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Wow, Gruden is 100% gone after this game. I kind of knew it would happen, this was the perfect game to have him coach his last game in. 

Unfortunately Gruden is a manifestation of the problem that exists within the organization, he is far from the main problem. I'm pretty confident in saying he'll be successful somewhere else whether it's a head coach or an offensive coordinator. 

Fans should simply not go to anymore games, don't wear the colors, nothing.

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

It’s hard for Dan to fire Bruce when Bruce clings to him like a barnacle. Never seen anything like it. Pathetic.

It shows how much of a sorry ass weasel Bruce is. He is like genital herpes.

If I lived anywhere NEAR Bruce, I'd be egging his house and vehicle every chance I had. God forgive me, but I have never had such a high level of pure hatred for this ****ing scumbag, and the things that run across my mind are things I shouldn't repeat in public.

Because the owner, Dan Snyder, is such an ignorant tool and a fool, I have similar visions of him as well. These 2 pathetic excuses for human beings have taken a team that I have loved, treasured and followed for pretty much my entire life, and literally have driven it into the ground and has taken a **** on it.

There are those who say that a true fan would never give up on their team, but I'm on the edge right now, and maybe my level of what I can tolerate is different than others, and to each their own, but I wouldn't follow another team, I would just say screw it all and give up football altogether; maybe gather all of my gear and video myself burning it all with a big FU to Snyder.

5 minutes ago, mike42 said:

Its unfair how NBC Sports Washington Channel are just pinning this all on Jay Gruden and never blames the front office run by Bruce Allen. 

It's just because there's Gruden blood in the water so that's what you have to talk about. GM's don't get fired mid-season usually, that's an offseason thing. I agree that I wish the media would just hammer on Allen all season long though, yeah. 

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan needs that though.  It’s rather clear after 20 years that everything people said about him 20 years ago was true and remains that way. Socially awkward dweeb that got rich on the backs of others.  20 years later he’s still the same schmuck.

Also remember that Dan very much insulates himself from outside opinion and always has. Especially opinion that is contradictory. That's why he hired a couple of new guys (forgot their names and I'm too lazy to look them up right now) and then when they basically told him he needed to change because the team is looked at as pretty much a joke, Allen got in his ear and he fired them within 6 months or something.

Dan and Allen live in their own little echo chamber. Not much is going to penetrate it short of literally losing half of their season ticket holders with "BECAUSE OF BRUCE ALLEN" being the reason written in letters mailed directly to Dan's house. 

Who cares about this dam season any way at this point just let lame duck Jay finish out the dam year and continue to get rolled every week.I personally hope we go 1-15 with screwing the the cowgirls at the end of the year.My best case scenrio is get the number 1 pick and have Miami offer as a huge deal to add a ton high picks.

2 minutes ago, chdream said:

does it matter who gets the blame

With a team where people were held accountable for failure within a recognizable organizational structure with defined roles, yeah. 

Here, who knows. We just need a full house-cleaning, burn it all with fire. Gruden is part of that and the biggest target during the season--GM's don't usually go till the offseason, as much as we all hate Bruce. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Some of you are a little over-fatalistic. Bruce needs to go to and I really hope he does, but Jay has been a lot of it.

Please Burgold, I can't have another thesubmittedone manifesto correcting you on this, play it cool. My scrolling thumb can't take anymore

12 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Please Burgold, I can't have another thesubmittedone manifesto correcting you on this, play it cool. My scrolling thumb can't take anymore

You didn’t have to worry about scrolling much further though, because most of the folks he directed it at went *crickets* mode because they had no retort.

As the young kids say, they didn’t want that smoke.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You didn’t have to worry about scrolling much further though, because most of the folks he directed it at went *crickets* mode because they had no retort.

I was one of those folks in his mind I think, and just haven't had the energy to break it all down. Mostly because I think he's almost entirely correct! The only thing I disagree with him on is the idea that there is such a domino effect of the failure of the FO cascading down on Gruden that we also can't expect him to get the gameday decisions that are solely on him right---or at least can't blame him that the rest of the ****show is so bad that he can't focus on that stuff. I just don't fully agree with that. The end of half cowardice he's always shown here, the playcalling on 1st downs that analytics shows is among the worst in the league, etc. Those are the types of in the moment choices that I just can't ignore despite Gruden playing against a dealer with a stacked deck. His gameday coaching is just poor and he has not learned from it in over five years worth of games. 

@ConnSKINS26 I think mixed in there though, is that coaches can get better over time when they report to folks that know what they are talking about.  The inherent point is that every coach has weaknesses and when you work in dysfunction junction and report to a numbnuts, the likelihood you improve on said weaknesses is very small.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

@ConnSKINS26 I think mixed in there though, is that coaches can get better over time when they report to folks that know what they are talking about.  The inherent point is that every coach has weaknesses and when you work in dysfunction junction and report to a numbnuts, the likelihood you improve on said weaknesses is very small.

Of course. But the gameday flaws I see in Gruden are things you should be able to self-diagnose over a period of 5+ years, and he hasn't. He was not put into a situation to succeed and will be better at whatever he does, elsewhere. I have no doubt. He isn't the majority of our problems. But there are things he does on gameday that are solely in his hands that a HC just has to be able to do better at, even among a ****show. Not inefficiently calling runs on 1st down a high percentage of the time is one of those things, and the numbers tell us how badly that goes across the league. That and his instinct to turtle up at the ends of halves and games, those are issues he's had forever and hasn't figured out. Not only that, he doesn't even see them as issues with his gameday approach, obviously. I agree that it has hurt him, not having competen football minds to answer to who can point these things out and help in his development as an NFL HC. 

For the folks talking Thompson and Gruden, Thompson was drafted by Shanny amd in Gruden's first year he cut his ass and signed him to the PS then activated him late in the year and it was his third year where he started to develops somewhat with 426 combined offensive yards and a couple TDs.  So Gruden didn't do anything special for him

1 minute ago, carex said:

For the folks talking Thompson and Gruden, Thompson was drafted by Shanny amd in Gruden's first year he cut his ass and signed him to the PS then activated him late in the year and it was his third year where he started to develops somewhat with 426 combined offensive yards and a couple TDs.  So Gruden didn't do anything special for him

Gruden didn't stash him on IR, you're sure it was the PS? Interesting, if that's the case thanks for the correction. 

45 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Jay deserves to go and this dates back several seasons. He never deserved a head coaching position.

2015 and constant Injury's bought Jay alot of time and deservedly so.  2015 Jay's second season We won the division and Cousins had a blistering 101 QB rating, 2016 our passing game was even more lethal despite the losing record. In hindsight most of this was a result of Sean McVay and not Gruden but at the time we all bought into the potential. 2017 and 2018 we became a full time infirmary ward.

I'm not defending Jay and I think he should have been fired last week but there are more variables at play over the past 4-5 years than just the Gruden. Regardless HE NEEDS TO GO!

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Wat thing this Packers/Cowboys game and reminded we coulda had Pettine as DC.  But nope, Gruden chose Manusky instead.

That he retained Haslett, then chose Barry over Wade Phillips, and subsequently Manusky over Pettine is why Gruden deserves to be fired. Part of being a good coach is hiring the best assistants.

Archived