Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

Bottom line: Eagles showed a lot of rust in the first half. Properly warmed up, they showed how much better they are on both sides of the ball. Redskins just aren't a very good team, which is what many of us predicted.

Positives for me were McLaurin and Keenum. The Skins finally have a big play WR, and Case is good enough that they don't have to rush Haskins onto field. Good punting from Way, too.

Negatives: just about everything else.

11 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

That doesn't explain why the defense gave up a 75 yard, 8 minute TD drive to the eagles to start the second half.

The defense wasn't gassed then. The second half just started.

Just poor play and bad coaching.

They had them 3 and out but Philly went for it at their own 34 on 4th and 1, it seems like once they gave up that 1st down it broke the D's back.

11 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jay rudely conducted a bull**** interview of Wade Phillips, who wanted the job, and never intended to hire him. Jay has no ****ing clue how to put a defensive staff together, but even worse he's arrogant about it. He really thinks these duds he's hiring are studs. 

Yeah that was ****. I feel like he hires people that he thinks he can work with and believes hes finding gems in these garbage hires of his. 

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Bottom line: Eagles showed a lot of rust in the first half. Properly warmed up, they showed how much better they are on both sides of the ball. Redskins just aren't a very good team, which is what many of us predicted.

Yep I agree...of course with a decent D-coordinator we may have stolen it.

6 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

No.

Gibbs always took all the blame on himself.

He felt he was the guy at the top, and if the team didn't do well, it started with him.

At least publicly. :)

“We’re all in this together and it starts with me.” Is the exact quote which he said through both stints in every presser I’be ever seem. 

28 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Don’t forget Ryan Grant.  He was going to be GREAT!

Not resigning DJax was a HUGE mistake because he drew coverage.  I still maintain Reed benefited from DJax more than vice Versa.  

I just noticed Crowder had 14 catches today. I was ok with letting him go though but wow.

Desean though was the one game breaker they’ve had at receiver since Santana. Letting him go was a bad move. I was ok with letting Garçon go but Desean is special. 

I am am not sure the Eagles would have won today without Desean. Those 2 Tds were big momentum changers in the game.

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

Positives for me were McLaurin and Keenum. The Skins finally have a big play WR, and Case is good enough that they don't have to rush Haskins onto field. Good punting from Way, too.

Negatives: just about everything else.

i'd say the pass protection was a big plus, and a total surprise.  What was a bad surprise is Guice looked to be just a back today, that's very very concerning.   I saw nothing that would liead us to believe he is anything more than that and RB seems to be the one position where you can see it early if it's there.  

11 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Dallas.  Philly took advantage of our lack of adjustments.  Other coaches in our division can adjust.  I’m not impressed by Philly at all.  We played them off the field with simple passes at the start.  

The only rivalry in the division left is Philly / Dallas.

13 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I saw Keenum head over his way a lot during the game. I'd like to think he played a key role in that pretty darn good game we just saw by him.

So you don't have any particular reason to be impressed by him, you just want to be. 

That's understandable, we need something to believe in. I was just making sure you knew Gruden was calling the plays. 

Hell, Doug Pederson was an OC who didn't call plays for Reid...difference being of course that Reid is an offensive genius and Gruden sucks. 

Archived