Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall like it was yesterday Bruce smugly in an interview talking about letting Desean and Garçon go by saying yes but we got a lot of that production back with Pryor and Quick.

Don’t forget Ryan Grant.  He was going to be GREAT!

Not resigning DJax was a HUGE mistake because he drew coverage.  I still maintain Reed benefited from DJax more than vice Versa.  

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay saying “we” referring to offense and “they” for defense.

”We have too good personnel to play that way” talking about the defense.

“Attack was sound, just had 3 or 4 penalties which took us out of drives.”

blew the AP question off due to ST.  Peterson is going to be week to week... Then he was arrogant about the numbers of carries.

On 5 years of second half collapses ”i have to count on the coaches to do a better job, players do a better job”

Yup. Exactly what I figured. A bunch of bull****. How the **** do you blame 3 or 4 penalties for 5-6 straight 3 and outs?

Amazed they asked about the 5 years of second half collapses. And just as I figured, he blew it off with even more bull****, and passed the buck. He's the only thing that's been consistent over those 5 years of second half offensive collapses. 

Just now, Chew said:

I'm used to the Redskins hurting my feelings.  Shame on me for giving them that much power over my happiness.

But to lose like this?  Week 1?  Christ almighty, I can't do this for another 15 games.  

What awful people we must've all been in our previous lives to become Redskins fans in this one.  

At least some of yall were brainwashed into this madness by your families (though they were good back then). I willingly chose these miscreants.

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Don’t forget Ryan Grant.  He was going to be GREAT!

Not resigning DJax was a HUGE mistake because he drew coverage.  I still maintain Reed benefited from DJax more than vice Versa.  

Everyone benefited from Djax.  That said, a healthy Reed got open by himself.

Just now, mistertim said:

Amazed they asked about the 5 years of second half collapses. And just as I figured, he blew it off with even more bull****, and passed the buck. He's the only thing that's been consistent over those 5 years of second half offensive collapses

It was something like “you’ve had some struggles before” and he said it was “eery” (I didn’t spell that right) how similar it was to years past.

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah the missed bomb to McLaurin hurt.  And DJax burned us.  I wouldn't say Peterson would have made zero difference.  We obviously will never know, but our lack of a running game was painfully apparent.  Need balance on offense. 

We were up 20-10 at the half. No need to change anything about our offensive gameplan. 

We barely had the ball in the second half and bungled drives through penalties and incompletions in the 3rd quarter. This was a lack of execution not improper playcalling. 

By the time the 4th quarter got there we were behind two scores and they were in "burn the clock" mode. We pretty much had to pass in order to have any chance at winning the game. 

If you lose control of the game and time becomes a factor, you cannot dictate the offensive plays that you would like to run (ie. Run game) and you become one dimensional. 

Playcalling balance is a completely misunderstood and unecessary idea. 

Just now, BigDibbs31 said:

The offensive line is still very bad and had multiple dumb penalties.  I think we caught a rusty Eagles team off guard in the first half then reverted to the mean today.  Would have much rather gotten blown out from the beginning.  This type of loss really hurts

Without a doubt, they didn’t take us seriously at all.

Archived