Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, Heard had at least one cuss out halftime in Gibbs 1

Yeah, that was the second Cardinals game during the championship 1991 season.

They weren't playing well, weren't focused. I think they went in at halftime down 14-0.

One of the players (either Bostic or Millen) said that Gibbs was so angry at their lackadaisical approach to the game that he threw a chair in the locker room. They had never seen Gibbs like that before. :)

Of course, after that, the Redskins played better, and won the game 20-14, I believe.

I don't live and die with Jay.  Don't care that much if he stays or goes.  I like him more than I don't and a lot of that is me liking his personality.  I know that makes me a minority on this thread.  And to each their own on that and I don't feel like debating it.  For the 85% or so people here who see him as a big problem, I wouldn't worry so much.  He's a walking dead man.  If I was so fired up about Jay being let go like some here, I'd be celebrating every loss.  When I wanted Zorn gone in year #2, the loses didn't bother me at all.  I don't see how he survives after this season.  But i do think he survives during the season.  

I think the more interesting conversation during the season is Manusky.  I think he's under the gun where it could be an in season change.   His unit IMO is loaded.  The offense isn't loaded.  But the defense is.  The defense IMO under achieved last season.   And it under achieved again today.

Having said that I am not in a panic, its one game.  The Eagles might be the best team in the NFL.  It's actually the in vogue team to mention as the most talented in the NFL.  The only game harder I think than today will be the one against the Pats.  

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just noticed Crowder had 14 catches today. I was ok with letting him go though but wow.

Desean though was the one game breaker they’ve had at receiver since Santana. Letting him go was a bad move. I was ok with letting Garçon go but Desean is special. 

I am am not sure the Eagles would have won today without Desean. Those 2 Tds were big momentum changers in the game.

I thought letting crowder go was a huge mistake. Quinn hadn’t done anything yet except get hurt.  

If you’re going to build through the draft, part of that is re-signing the players you draft who are good.  I wouldn’t have resigned Preston, though Crowder I would have.  There were 2 others from that draft class, I can’t recall who, but I think there was one other I would have tried to retain.

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So you don't have any particular reason to be impressed by him, you just want to be. 

That's understandable, we need something to believe in. I was just making sure you knew Gruden was calling the plays. 

Hell, Doug Pederson was an OC who didn't call plays for Reid...difference being of course that Reid is an offensive genius and Gruden sucks. 

I guess I have no evidence but I'd like to believe something possessed Case today. I guess I'm trying to stay optimistic, the loss already stings less now and it's easier to see the problem now that I'm not so pissed. Manusky's gotta go, im a little less pissed at Gruden now then I was after the game. 

52 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I liked what we saw out of our young players, our deficiencies are in areas where we have aging/overpaid vets and that will eventually work itself out.

Everyone here had to know what this team was coming into this game, if you expected to see a good team then you haven't been paying attention.

Besides McLaurin and Holcomb, which young player did you like?

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I thought letting crowder go was a huge mistake. Quinn hadn’t done anything yet except get hurt.  

If you’re going to build through the draft, part of that is re-signing the players you draft who are good.  I wouldn’t have resigned Preston, though Crowder I would have.  There were 2 others from that draft class, I can’t recall who, but I think there was one other I would have tried to retain.

Jay supposedly was upset with Crowder being let go according to some.  I didn't care too much one way or another about Crowder though I do think he's a good receiver and said so recently defending that pick on another thread.

But Desean Jackson to me is one of a kind.  And for a team so lacking in super stars that draw in fans -- letting the one dude who was arguably the closest thing to that was mystifying to me.  An Eagles reporter on the pregame show ironically said whichever team has had Desean has dominated this series -- if i recall was something ridiculous like 12-2 or something like that. 

I do agree that they have to keep some of the guys they draft and I've made that point too.  Comp picks are nice and in some cases I like it but you need to build a nucleus of players you draft.  Also you don't want it to be that over the top where players drafted here just expect to not finish their career here.  

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is Quinn’s hall of fame jacket ready yet? This team is stupid, like getting rid of Garcon and Jackson in the same offseason without a plan.

The bottom line is that this team is run by a bunch of drunk monkeys suffering from heat exhaustion. Or at least that’s how it seems. Bruce says “we’re close”, owner is okay with that. Mother****er, close to what? Winning a game? Awesome. Glad your expectation level is so high. Meanwhile we let our idiot coach run the show on Sundays. They can’t adjust to a turtle walking through molasses. Meanwhile he wants a fumble prone RB who ain’t done **** over a HOF caliber RB. Then makes said RB inactive. The stupid here is thick as ****. But hey, what’s new? “Dan wants to win” that’s what we’re always told but it’s a bull**** lie. Dan doesn’t want to win, Dan wants to win on his terms, period. I would say more but I’d likely get banned for speaking the truth.

Manusky is not some type of genius or great DC by any stretch.

He was hired on to be an assistant on other teams, didn't do anything that made him stand out, bounced around the league, landed a DC job at the Colts { and we all know how well those defenses were }, let go there and got a LB coach job here, then promoted to DC.

But what exactly has he done? He is a JAG, nothing more. His tenure here proves this and shows his inability to be a DC who is effective.

This game was lost by both Jay and Greg; Jay's lackluster in-game adjustments caused a lot of 9-and-outs which put the defense on the field way longer than they should have been. Even knowing this, the only 2 Eagles that mattered were DJax, who everyone knew he wanted to prove he was still a good WR [ and he did ] and Ertz. blanketing LBers on Ertz just opened up the field for everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I guess I have no evidence but I'd like to believe something possessed Case today. I guess I'm trying to stay optimistic, the loss already stings less now and it's easier to see the problem now that I'm not so pissed. Manusky's gotta go, im a little less pissed at Gruden now then I was after the game. 

Gruden is going to be the best we can get, this team could be average if we didnt have such a crappy D-coordinator

Archived