Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jay just needs to hire someone with a track record of success. The talent is there for a top 5 defense, it really is. 

Where? I dont see any good dbs...middle linebackers are a mess kerrigan is ok outside ...ryan anderson will be a short lived experiment....and out d line shows up for ten plays out of 70

in a game 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

IMO we lost that game by 12 points. That last TD drive was completely and utterly meaningless so I mostly ignore it. The Eagles more or less didn't give a **** as long as it ate up the remainder of the clock and just let us dink and dunk and move down the field as long as there were no huge plays. 

I Was just stating the fact that we lost by less than 10 so I’m happy about all the money lost lol

15 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Well, the team showed up in the first half... The offense did not show up in the second half whatsoever.  I don't understand why you would blame the defense.  If the offense doesn't keep the defense on the sideline the defense is gonna get torched. 

That doesn't explain why the defense gave up a 75 yard, 8 minute TD drive to the eagles to start the second half.

The defense wasn't gassed then. The second half just started.

Just poor play and bad coaching.

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Then blame goes all around for the drops and penalties. We had a million chances on defense to change the momentum when we continually held them to third and long and we flat out failed spectacularly.

Yep. Additionally those long drive kept our defense on the field even longer. 

Our TOP in the second half was abysmal. 

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Only good thing, we are one closer to the end of Jay Gruden- Redskins head coach.  My preseason pick was that he would be gone after the Vikings game.  MAybe he doesn't even last that long.  The seat is hot Jay.  Your days are numbered. 

At least the hangmans humor is gone. Walkin' the green mile!

7 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Jay just needs to hire someone with a track record of success. The talent is there for a top 5 defense, it really is. 

Jay rudely conducted a bull**** interview of Wade Phillips, who wanted the job, and never intended to hire him. Jay has no ****ing clue how to put a defensive staff together, but even worse he's arrogant about it. He really thinks these duds he's hiring are studs. 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I kinda think they have to be broken down by half because it seemed like a completely different team played in the 2nd half. 1st half offense and defense were both A- IMO. 2nd half offense and defense were both D-. That being said, I'll also give a little bit more leeway to the defense as there's only so long you can stay on the field without getting gassed. Our offense in the second half was doing nothing but getting 3 and outs.

The defense has some say in getting off the field, they were humiliating in the 2nd. That said, we are routinely grotesque to start the 2nd half offensively. 🤔 Jay needs to be more assertive coming out of the half, imo.

Keenum was our best player, to my eye, & he is obviously playing with guys he’s never played a regular season game with. What our offense did with Glenn, Flowers, Case, & McLaurin, in Philly, was impressive to me. Going into the year our most gifted offensive players are probably Trent, Reed & Peterson ... all of them were missing & a new QB led an underwhelming group to a 13 point lead on the road; admittedly, expectations play a role in how I see the two sides, the offense was far better than I anticipated. 

I’ll be interested to see which of our tackles & guards graded out better, they both may have been on the left, which is both encouraging & mortifying.

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Gruden is calling the plays. What is there to be impressed by. 

Yeah O'Connell doesn't really do much other than assist Jay in drawing up game plans. He doesn't call plays. This is still Gruden's offense...lock, stock, and stinking barrel. 

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

That doesn't explain why the defense gave up a 75 yard, 8 minute TD drive to the eagles to start the second half.

The defense wasn't gassed then. The second half just started.

Just poor play and bad coaching.

Yep, that just cant happen. That kinda of drive at that time is a sign of garbage defense from the players to the coaches.

1 minute ago, alwaysaskin said:

Manusky just gave him a run for his money. Honestly has the 3rd defense improved under Manusky?

I'll give you that one...

2 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

I'll give you that one...

On second thought Joe Berry also was D Cord for 0-16 Detroit

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Where? I dont see any good dbs...middle linebackers are a mess kerrigan is ok outside ...ryan anderson will be a short lived experiment....and out d line shows up for ten plays out of 70

in a game 

Collins is good, but I didn't notice him in the box much. You can't just be a good player and then come to the Redskins and suck. There has to be a variable and it's pretty obvious its the coaching. DJ Swearinger obviously doesn't bull****, and said Manusky essentially was awful. I believed him the second he said it. Any offensive coordinator with half a brain can out scheme Manusky. I think we have 4 really good players on defense and a bunch of good pieces that are being put in awful positions. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah O'Connell doesn't really do much other than assist Jay in drawing up game plans. He doesn't call plays. This is still Gruden's offense...lock, stock, and stinking barrel. 

I don't think most people here realize this. O'Connell isn't really doing anything on game day that matters, but people think he's a boy wonder just because he's young and they miss McVay

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The defense has some say in getting off the field, they were humiliating in the 2nd. That said, we are routinely grotesque to start the 2nd half offensively. 🤔 Jay needs to be more assertive coming out of the half, imo.

Keenum was our best player, to my eye, & he is obviously playing with guys he’s never played a regular season game with. What our offense did with Glenn, Flowers, Case, & McLaurin, in Philly, was impressive to me. Going into the year our most gifted offensive players are probably Trent, Reed & Peterson ... all of them were missing & a new QB led an underwhelming group to a 13 point lead on the road; admittedly, expectations play a role in how I see the two sides, the offense was far better than I anticipated. 

I’ll be interested to see which of our tackles & guards graded out better, they both may have been on the left, which is both encouraging & mortifying.

Oh I agree...the defense certainly doesn't get a pass. That's why I still rated them as a D- for the 2nd half, but I added a small caveat that eventually guys are going to get gassed if your offense can't even get a single 1st down. But yeah, the defense in the 2nd half certainly caused their own (and our) misery as well. 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If you think that was an actual quote, then maybe it’s not him that’s the idiot :P (no, he didn’t say that, pretty sure he doesn’t talk to the media after games). That was just a poster making a joke 😂

Maybe so,  but welcome to our reality. We see teams rebuild and win while we remain the same year after year. 

Archived