Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

26 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Another day and Reed is still in concussion protocol. I don't think he's going to play guys and even if he is cleared. The Skins would be smart to hold him out for another week knowing his history. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/04/jordan-reed-remains-in-concussion-protocol/

11 minutes ago, HailSkins789 said:

Per @JDonaldsonNBC5 on Twitter, Reed is back practicing today. Just participating in individual workouts which is good but still don't know if he's been cleared yet. Hope he will be soon!

This confuses me somewhat.

If he's still in concussion protocol, it seems like he wouldn't be allowed to practice at all.

Maybe there's different stages of the protocol, that as they improve, they can partake in limited degrees of practice ?

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

If Reed gets one more concussion this year then both he and the Redskins have to consider having him retire before he gets worse and cannot enjoy his life after football.

8 is the magic number lol 

I wonder if advances in post protocol will help decrease long term brain health. Not much data to go from with many of the new policies and procedures being relatively new. 

Obviously, any concussion isn’t good for the brain. 

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This confuses me somewhat.

If he's still in concussion protocol, it seems like he wouldn't be allowed to practice at all.

Maybe there's different stages of the protocol, that as they improve, they can partake in limited degrees of practice ?

He can practice, but no contact...need to see how he reacts to physical exertion. At least that's what I would imagine, but i am no doctor!

So reed is questionable for sunday..we'll need all the weapons we can get..

I dont want reed to play sunday..or next sunday..

Research it... I bet the majority of his Injuries have come against the filthadumpia phinkle matters and cowpukes..I wanna see him sit till the monday nighter.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:15 AM, purbeast said:

I can't believe it is still unclear if he had a legit concussion or not.  How has no one in the media flat out asked this question?

None of the guys on 980 have a clue if he had an actual concussion or not.

Did you see the hit!?  

You obviously sly don't understand what a concussion is.  Imagine taking a meatball and putting it in a jar.  Now throw the jar as hard as you can at anything that will stop the jar instantly but the jar doesn't break.  Now that meatball in the jar slams up against the jar when it stops.  In the case of a concussion, that's your brain that just slammed into your skull.  A concussion is the bruising of your brain.  In severe head injuries you'll get vessels that rupture causing and brain bleed.  After all that's what a bruise is.  So he absolutely 100% obvious sustained a concussion.  The severity of the concussion is the question.  So, if someone comes up and punches you in the eye, then you get a black eye (bruising or bleeding under the skin)...how long does it take for that bruise to 1- not feel sore to the touch and 2- actually resolve?  Is that bruise gone in 2 weeks?  Sometimes, but other times it takes 4+ weeks to just not be sore to the touch.  

Problem em with attempting to play with a recent concussion is you very susceptible to further injury...meaning bleeding in your brain.  So you want him to play?  

Football isn't that important man.  Guy needs to be 110% sure his brain is healed completely.  

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So reed is questionable for sunday..we'll need all the weapons we can get..

I dont want reed to play sunday..or next sunday..

Research it... I bet the majority of his Injuries have come against the filthadumpia phinkle matters and cowpukes..I wanna see him sit till the monday nighter.

You're absolutely correct.  No way should he be playing.  

I am bummed that we bothered dispatching Holtz to the PS, for that implies Reed's concussion clearly didn't heal as much as they had hoped.  I suspected we would be forced to keep 4 TEs on cut down day and when we didn't, thought it was a great sign for Reed to play.

Of course not; it's another kick in the nuts.  And someone is going to get cut who thought they had a job secured for week 1.

Damn, I feel for the guy; we all know he wants to be out there catching balls and scoring TDs.

The latest incident was as blatant as they come, but it's to the point now that every opponent will try to 'casually' give him a pop in the helmet to knock him out of the game,

Once a player gets a concussion, they become easier to recur, and IMO Reed is at the point where he needs to seriously consider his life over playing football. The 'magic #' is not a guaranteed point where they say enough is enough; its just an evaluated hypothesis because every single person is different. There's just not enough fully known about concussions and their long term impacts on quality of life.

Reed has been a bright spot for this team since he got here, a great player and a great person, and I do worry about him; I damn sure don't want to see him drooling in his Cheerios at 45, and I don't care that the team needs him, but every time he hits the field, he will have a target on his back, an unspoken one of sorts, and it's sad that its gotten to this point but a healthy Jordan Reed is the #1 priority, football or not...

Honestly, at this point. I think Reed is a medical room warrior. Looking for any excuse to get paid, and not play..screw bad luck, he’s a slacker bum. 

Hope he gets traded for a 5 th and gone...so done with this guy...don’t care how good he is, useless game played record...its so obvious what he’s doing...all he has to say is 

I feel a little light headed, he gets paid, don’t have to work, prob sits around playing his game console all day making millions..

Only guy on team I’ll call a slacking bum, with money 

Cut his butt..he’s a cancer for young players to see...

Hey look, I can make a million plus a year, and if you do this, you don’t even have to work! 

Ill bet the farm and the wife that’s his mindset...needs to go

Sorry,  but really.....he could play. He wants to find any excuse not to...I know concussion protocol...But it can be abused to...his teammates know it, and that’s what he does..

rant off haha

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I am bummed that we bothered dispatching Holtz to the PS, for that implies Reed's concussion clearly didn't heal as much as they had hoped

They've activated Holtz from the PS, and released Robert Davis.

Guess they don't expect Reed to play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-release-wr-robert-davis-promote-te-jp-holtz-source

16 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

They've activated Holtz from the PS, and released Robert Davis.

Guess they don't expect Reed to play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-release-wr-robert-davis-promote-te-jp-holtz-source

I was expecting a move like this. Considering the late hour, it pretty much had to be JP Holtz, as no one outside the organization would know any plays. But a bit surprised Davis got cut. Guess they really don't think that highly of him. He'll probably be unclaimed though. So hopefully he will be back, either via PS or the 53 when (if?) Reed is healthy.

Is anyone really surprised?  As I've said before just act as if he isn't even here and if for some reason he becomes available then great.

It's exhausting having a player like Reed, for the last 4 years we have the same conversations over and over again concerning his health and availability.

Newsflash, he's never going to be consistently healthy.

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I was expecting a move like this. Considering the late hour, it pretty much had to be JP Holtz, as no one outside the organization would know any plays. But a bit surprised Davis got cut. Guess they really don't think that highly of him. He'll probably be unclaimed though. So hopefully he will be back, either via PS or the 53 when (if?) Reed is healthy.

I think the article above says the Redskins want to bring Davis back.

I guess to the PS? Is he eligible for that?

39 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Honestly, at this point. I think Reed is a medical room warrior. Looking for any excuse to get paid, and not play..screw bad luck, he’s a slacker bum. 

Hope he gets traded for a 5 th and gone...so done with this guy...don’t care how good he is, useless game played record...its so obvious what he’s doing...all he has to say is 

I feel a little light headed, he gets paid, don’t have to work, prob sits around playing his game console all day making millions..

Only guy on team I’ll call a slacking bum, with money 

Cut his butt..he’s a cancer for young players to see...

Hey look, I can make a million plus a year, and if you do this, you don’t even have to work! 

Ill bet the farm and the wife that’s his mindset...needs to go

Sorry,  but really.....he could play. He wants to find any excuse not to...I know concussion protocol...But it can be abused to...his teammates know it, and that’s what he does..

rant off haha

I think that you're well out of line with this post. It's a nasty, unnecessary attack on a guy who took a vicious helmet-to helmet hit, in fact I think it's borderline trolling. You have no idea how injured he is and it's not obvious what he's doing. You should be ashamed of yourself.

55 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I think the article above says the Redskins want to bring Davis back.

I guess to the PS? Is he eligible for that?

I would hope so. How do you just cut him outright, and not drop him on the PS, while you got guys like Chesson and Sims still on the PS.

But I guess he has to clear waivers first ? Can't remember the rule.

Archived