Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

1 hour ago, Skinarchy said:

Honestly, at this point. I think Reed is a medical room warrior. Looking for any excuse to get paid, and not play..screw bad luck, he’s a slacker bum. 

Hope he gets traded for a 5 th and gone...so done with this guy...don’t care how good he is, useless game played record...its so obvious what he’s doing...all he has to say is 

I feel a little light headed, he gets paid, don’t have to work, prob sits around playing his game console all day making millions..

Only guy on team I’ll call a slacking bum, with money 

Cut his butt..he’s a cancer for young players to see...

Hey look, I can make a million plus a year, and if you do this, you don’t even have to work! 

Ill bet the farm and the wife that’s his mindset...needs to go

Sorry,  but really.....he could play. He wants to find any excuse not to...I know concussion protocol...But it can be abused to...his teammates know it, and that’s what he does..

rant off haha

Really crappy take for a guy who constantly gets blasted going across the middle. He balls out when given the chance. He has been injury prone, but the concussions are a whole other matter. He deserves to have a nice quality of life after football.  #HTTR

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

They've activated Holtz from the PS, and released Robert Davis.

Guess they don't expect Reed to play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-release-wr-robert-davis-promote-te-jp-holtz-source

Bummer I thought Robert Davis earned a spot but as we see its not just about being good or bad. Its about roster management and being able to make it to the PS and not get snatched up.

53 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“He could play”? Really? LOL ok, you try having a concussion after the hit the dirty falcons player gave him, see how long you’re experiencing concussion symptoms 🤷🏻‍♂️ Until then, maybe don’t talk **** about reed? Thanks

Not to mention, it's not Reed's choice whether he plays.

Yeah that was a troll or drunk post if I've ever seen one. I think we should trade him as well, but the concussion wasn't his fault. He just seems to have the injury bug. Murphy's law type stuff.....

Maybe he should really look at retirement......hate to see him suffer the consequences at a later age.

I think most of us like Reed as a team member. He seems like a quiet guy, who is nice and doesn’t rock the boat. The guy does play tough and when healthy can make plays. Good chain mover and a security blanket for the QB.

However, at his age, injury history and our medical/training staff...I would consider moving on from him. Should have been done last year to be honest. We have these older vet who are still relatively young and do have some value around the league. Get some picks and build for the future.

Reed is good but most of his routes are those 10 yard slant or outs. He isn’t really a deep threat (maybe its his speed or he can’t make over the shoulder catches not sure), but he can’t help if he is out so much and by the time we are truly ready to compete if that ever happens he will be much older.

How can you not like Jordan Reed sucking at blocking aside has been a total stud. At full health he is a game changer and we have all seen it. Maybe he should have been just moved to WR early on. 

Those hard shell helmets suck ass. Every new version is worse than the one before going back to the leathers.  Even a "new and improved" helmet just makes the defenders hit that much harder when using it.  Its a fatal flaw in their desperation helmet tweaking that I am not sure the Riddler ever considered.  The helmets also look bigger than ever. Don Beebe and friends aside.

Let's wish the young man the best.  Concussions are a serious matter, and if you've had multiple, then there's justifiable reason for precaution. I'd rather him sit this game and make sure he's alright than put him at further risk. If I were HC, though, and I have an injury-prone player, I spare him excessive action in the preseason. If anything, one quarter (maybe half a quarter) in that 3rd preseason game would've been enough.

How anyone could fault Reed for this particular incident after the shot he took is mind-blowing, but I don't know why I'm surprised by anything some people do or say these days. Insane. That hit was BRUTAL. Full speed, helmet to helmet. Whoever said he's doing this to "get out of work" (not even going to dignify by going back and finding the name), I'd love to see you go out there and take a shot like that and even stand up again. 

Yes, Reed has been very injury prone over the years, but this one is totally out of his control. I feel for the guy. You can't take that many shots in your career and come out of it on the other side without problems. I'd prefer he just retire at this point and save himself more misery down the road. 

Isn't he getting paid like 10M a year?

To mostly watch football games.

My job can be dangerous too, been shocked a few times, might die the next time, don't get paid anywhere close to 10M a year.

I guess I should just pack it up and start working from home.  It's just not worth the risk.

:rofl89:

• 2 weeks later...

I like Jordan Reed and the guy is very talented when healthy. The problem is he's never healthy. The skins clearly have to release him and save the money next year. If he was smart he would retire anyway. Either way the Skins need to look at replacing him next year and moving on from him period. 

Jordan Reed could be out “weeks

Washington ruled out tight end Jordan Reed for Monday night, and he might not return for “weeks,” JP Finlay of NBCSportsWashington.com reports.

Reed hasn’t played since being diagnosed with a concussion in the third preseason game Aug. 22.

He has never played a full 16-game season in his seven years in Washington, and Reed now has seven documented concussions dating to college, Finlay reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/21/jordan-reed-wont-play-monday-could-be-out-awhile/

I’m used to fans being pissed about Jordan not playing, but to say that he’s faking just to get paid, that’s some next level hatred right there.

As if they haven’t seen this dude get rocked entirely too many times.  I said after he took that hit in the preseason he should just call it a career and certainly didn’t expect him to play anytime soon.  I think the last thing you can say about him is that he’s soft given how much courage, albeit a bit crazy, it takes to keep putting that helmet back on after all the head trauma he’s experienced.

Can we retro IR him?

Hindsight mindblight we should have immediately IR'd him, for his own good and not cost us a roster player to hold a spot for a guy that cannot get into the field.  Maybe it's our crack med team at it again. We can rebuild him, make him faster, stronger....

giphy.gif

Archived