Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Subscription services that are worth it

Spaceman Spiff

Have Amazon Prime, but i often decline the 2 day delivery option and take the digital money they offer (I don't generally need stuff that fast).

Netflix, but currently on the edge of cancelling it (I keep it for my daughter, to save her a few bucks).

Dollar Shave Club, but my baby face takes forever for anything to grow, so I get blades ever 3rd month.

Thinking about the new Disney service when it is available.

I starting using griddy for my electrical provider. They've been pretty good for the last couple months but yesterday there were price spikes to over $2 per kw/hr. Costs us $75 for one day for a 3 bedroom house with AC at about 74. 

I guess it evens out usually but those price spikes are absurd. 

Anyone else use this service and should I change?

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm actually thinking about getting Deer Park water delivered.  Sorry to take it away from Netflix/Prime/Hulu answers which seem to be the obvious ones.

The public water where I live tastes like ass, and I work from home.  I've got a Brita pitcher which takes some of the stuff out of it but not all (lead) as I found out later on.  Sooo...

7.99 for one of those 5 gallon tanks delivered weekly with a 2.99 rental fee for the dispenser.  10-11 bucks a week for water.  Then I can have the water cooler AT the home office and talk to absolutely no one.  Which is awesome.

Anyone get water delivered?  If so, worth it?

Why not fill up at your grocery store or something. 35 cents a gallon. 

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

I considered PF but it was 10 minutes further. Plus there's some hidden costs that makes it really more like $20/month now?

I signed up a couple years ago and they only take a flat $10 every month, nothing more.  It’s right next to my work so it’s super convenient for me, even if their equipment is lackluster.

4 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I starting using griddy for my electrical provider. They've been pretty good for the last couple months but yesterday there were price spikes to over $2 per kw/hr. Costs us $75 for one day for a 3 bedroom house with AC at about 74. 

I guess it evens out usually but those price spikes are absurd. 

Anyone else use this service and should I change?

I've used it for business and home for a year or so, on average it saves a bit so far.(quite a bit over some providers w/o long term contract)

Hit $7 kwh here the other day :pint:m late july and august are a killer

3 hours ago, twa said:

I've used it for business and home for a year or so, on average it saves a bit so far.(quite a bit over some providers w/o long term contract)

Hit $7 kwh here the other day :pint:m late july and august are a killer

Yeah mine was actually spiked to around $8 kw/hr. About 70$ for 3 hours. Yikes. 

It's probably really good in the winter down here, but this month is gonna be high. 

They just credited everyone back their $10/mth fee so that shows at least they do value their customers some. I am a fan of the app.

9 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Yeah mine was actually spiked to around $8 kw/hr. About 70$ for 3 hours. Yikes. 

peak usage and the the wind dies down ....who woulda guessed :kickcan:

If you want the bother you could always switch to a locked in rate for summer then switch back, but even those surcharge for spikes usually.

I told the wife she could just turn off the ac for a few hrs......she told me to **** off. :ols:

37 minutes ago, twa said:

peak usage and the the wind dies down ....who woulda guessed :kickcan:

If you want the bother you could always switch to a locked in rate for summer then switch back, but even those surcharge for spikes usually.

I told the wife she could just turn off the ac for a few hrs......she told me to **** off. :ols:

Need to get one of those home battery backups and set your house to disconnect from the grid when the price of energy starts to spike.  problem solved.

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Need to get one of those home battery backups and set your house to disconnect from the grid when the price of energy starts to spike.  problem solved.

Or even cheaper a NG gas generator

23 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Dollar Shave Club is absolutely the best for people that shave every day or other day.

I use an electric razor for my face but like a nice hand razor for the manscaping. I signed up for dollar shave club for like 6 months and then had to cancel. I have enough razors to last until 15 years now lol

22 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Also tried a few different cooking subscriptions a while back: blue apron and hello fresh. 

Both sucked.

Agree, I've tried those too and I don't feel like they are quite there yet to provide enough value and convenience to make it worth the cost. 

57 minutes ago, Mooka said:

NEVER ENDING PASTA PASS® IS BACK! And new this year, Lifetime Pasta Pass!

Lifetime pasta pass for 50 lucky people.

If you like their food and hate your heart, this is an incredible deal being that one meal is going to run you like $50+ dollars and you can eat forever for free for $400.

27 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If you like their food and hate your heart, this is an incredible deal being that one meal is going to run you like $50+ dollars and you can eat forever for free for $400.

How sick of olive garden would you get? 

Halfway through 1 meal the food starts to taste pretty bad.

Archived