Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I would like to know from a medical standpoint what the diagnosis is on Trent's knee and if the doctors believe he can play another 4 years.

If he gets a clean diagnosis then sign him, if not then you can't do it.  My gut tells me something is pushing him to do this and we don't know the entire story, I wouldn't be surprised if Trent knows his knee is fragile and he is looking for protection in case it gives in.

Something is going on because it's not like him to hardball the team like this, he's either pissed off or scared of something.

I would certainly worry about his knee for sure.  But like you said, if he's clean then I would extend him for sure.  He's the best tackle in the game.  Hopefully Trent can play another 4 years at a very high level and we draft a replacement for Moses.  Morgan Moses has the contract I would be looking to get out of.  

Trent should retire a Redskin and hopefully he can kick inside as a guard during his last few years....hopefully around 35 or 36.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/05/redskins-trent-williams-has-allowed-the-fewest-pressures-of-any-offensive-tackle/

28 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

22 going on 12 😂

That scene with Gendry was so awkward 

You’re just say that because you saw her at 12.

32 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Ummmm...isn't that a foursome?

Math wasn’t my strong suit, which is why I work for an accounting and finance consulting firm...

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Wish Minnesota was dumb enough to trade Diggs for Williams straight up. 

We need a stud WR, otherwise the need for a great pass pro LT is definitely minimized, right?  IIRC Trent grades out as better in pass pro (may be wrong).  I don't care what the new OC says we will need to run the ball an awful lot. RB if all are healthy is the obvious strength of the offense.

And send Trent off with a little gift for the road out of spite for balking at honoring his nice fat contract 

hqdefault.jpg

35 minutes ago, mcdonaldrw said:

So when do Teams get to decide they want to restructure a players contract 3 years into a 5 year deal?

It happens to 100s of players every year. Always has. Part of that is the non-guaranteed part of the contracts. They sign a 4 yr contract but only 2 is guaranteed. After 2 yrs the team has complete leverage unless it's a marque player. And even then they have a lot of control. 

Typically I am on the players side for these things because the teams are ruthless. But in this case Trent is making a mistake I believe. He has not played a full season since 2013. There only 5 OT making more than him, and 2 of those are within $500k of his salary. 

In fairness we do not know what he is looking for. His next years salary is not guaranteed which is probably why he is making this push. You could offer him 4 yrs at $13M/yr average but with $15M signing bonus and another $10M guarantee. This makes it really just a 3 yr contract - just one more yr, but gives him an additional $14M in guaranteed money. You could also build in some games played or offensive snaps incentives so the healthier he is the more he gets paid. 

I would wait him out and let the other guys get all the snaps. He does not need much TC. He has always come in camp in shape if i remember correctly. If it gets to say the 3rd gm of preseason and you have no one and nobody has given you a decent enough trade offer, then sign him, of course unless his demands are ridiculous. In that case let him sit.  

Folks worry about the knee, or him going green again.  What about the (EDIT) tumor he just had removed?

I assume its 100% totally safe for a guy to have a brain tumor removed and then go play football.  Conversely, assumption is the mother of all ****ups. 

Hopefully this is just a stunt to avoid camp and get paid at the same time. I think players do this because the worst thing that can happen to him is that his body has one less year of wear and tear - he likely doesn't need the cash.  From what we all know now about brain injuries, I think its driving the modern day athlete to rethink things. The problem is that the players do stuff like this, and then get overly offended when the team tells them to suck it up buttercup, and bridges get quickly burned over a stunt that first and foremost, is to avoid camp/undue wear and tear on their bodies months before the games begin.  The player backs himself into a corner, and then would rather sit there instead of put his tail between his legs and admit his stunt failed.

Our goose may be cooked on this one.  If Bruce doesn't pony up what he wants I can see him choosing to sit. From his recent injuries and tumor alone, I could see him wanting to take off a year.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Folks worry about the knee, or him going green again.  What about the brain tumor he just had removed?

I assume its 100% totally safe for a guy to have a brain tumor removed and then go play football.  Conversely, assumption is the mother of all ****ups.   I cannot recall hearing an NFL player having a tumor removed and then playing months later. The internet doctor in me thinks its best to avoid head shots after head surgery.

Hopefully this is just a stunt to avoid camp and get paid at the same time. I think players do this because the worst thing that can happen to him is that his body has one less year of wear and tear - he likely doesn't need the cash.  From what we all know now about brain injuries, I think its driving the modern day athlete to rethink things. The problem is that the players do stuff like this, and then get overly offended when the team tells them to suck it up buttercup, and bridges get quickly burned over a stunt that first and foremost, is to avoid camp/undue wear and tear on their bodies months before the games begin.

Our goose may be cooked on this one.  If Bruce doesn't pony up what he wants I can see him choosing to sit. From his recent injuries and brain tumor alone, I could see him wanting to take off a year.

it was a growth on his head, not in his brain

Trent may have leverage now but once training camp comes and he starts getting fined then we will see what happens. I think he should play out his contract but if he gets a couple more million or we restructure in a win/win situation then it’s all good. Bottom line though is Trent needs to stay healthy. 

3 hours ago, Vanguard said:

I want to be right with you on this.  But I don’t think you can just draft a Trent Williams caliber player anytime you feel like it.

You probably wont, but they're gonna have to address this situation some kinda way.  And throwing a ton of money at him in an extension and riding him until the wheels fall off doesnt seem like the move.

12 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

What would be the Cap hit if Trent Williams is cut as a Post June 1 cut? Would He be able to find a team to pay him what he is scheduled to make now. The Redskins could let Trent know that being cut could be an option.

Zero value in cutting him. He gets to set the market on himself. And we get no compensation at all. 

If anything, you call his bluff and let him sit out. If he wants to leave $23.5M on the table (this years and next years salary) while the team openly prepares to move on, then he will find out just how cold a business it is. 

They could also trade him and move some of that contract off the books - would help in signing Scherrf, which I believe is a much higher priority than keeping an about to be 31 y/o often injured OT.  

I like TW and hope they work this out. Would love to him retire as a Redskin. Honestly, I think this is a semi bluff. He would like to get more money. But what he really wants is to miss mandatory workouts in June 🙂 and most of TC. 

I do not see the Redskins caving. They have already shown they do not respond well to ultimatums - as it is with most businesses. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I want a threesome woth Sophie Turner, Elelia Clarke and Maisie Williams. 

Either you suck at math or you''re holding the camera. :)

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sophie Turner, Elelia Clarke and Maisie Williams. 

They told me to tell you hi..

1 minute ago, TK said:

Either you suck at math or you''re holding the camera. :)

Can't spell either, lol jk vor

I'd bring Donald Penn in for a workout. He is 36 but is only a year removed from a Pro Bowl caliber year for the Raiders. He is a guy who could at least be serviceable, even if he is approaching the twilight of his career. Although it would suck to not get to use our first on one of the elite WRs in this upcoming draft, we could use it on one of the elite tackles

Stay the course and compensate for 2 years a "reasonable" offer like I said before. If things go south..trade for a #1 WR and get some "Average/GOOD" Blocking  FA TE's  or convert talent to a TE and RUN the "F" out of the ball. Quick outs and play smash mouth ball control and let the D give you short fields.

You telling me Trent can block better than a Good LT and TE together....with our RB's we should be able to play short field ball with a 2 TE set. Turn the D loose. What the hell..that would be watchable football.

Pay Trent a little more recognizing his past contributions..but don't pay a ransom. We don't NEED a aging  Pro Bowl LT that may/may not stay healthy at a cap crippling cost. Bruce will pay hardball *I* think...We don't need a "Cousins II"

2 hours ago, mcdonaldrw said:

So when do Teams get to decide they want to restructure a players contract 3 years into a 5 year deal?

You can't be serious. The answer is whenever they want. 

Archived