Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

This is how Trent can come back to the team and save face at the same time.  Fire his agent and throw him under the bus hard.  Blame everything on him.  Say the guy brainwashed him or whatever.  At that point, he can profusely apologize by professing that he has now seen the light and has always wanted to retire a Redskin.

12 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Totally disgusted with Williams.

i do not want this clown on the team to infect young players with his “ pay me first attitude.”  Hope Riverboat Ron can send him to a team that finishes last in the league.  Karma is going to bite both he and his agent soon.  If he stays on our team I would keep him on the bench and ruin his free agent value for next year.  He has lost what little brain power he had left.  He should never be allowed to be inducted into Skins Hall of Fame.  I better not see his name inside the stadium ever.

I might be in the minority.

I do remember Trent playing hurt for us a bunch of times. Remember him rushing back from injury and surgery to play. 

This game is about MONEY. 

He lied when he said it was about any other thing other than money.

It is a business both for the players and the team. 

His agent screwed up. He ain't never going to recoup the money he lost. He lost money and on top of that lost some goodwill. 

A lesson to be learned there if he is capable of learning. "Pride goes before destruction". 

There he was being told he is worth more than his actual worth. Penn, his replacement did an adequate job at less than half his asking price.  

He should pick up the phone and talk to Lavar Arrington.

Till this day, he says that is one of his biggest regret as a professional football player. He didn't handle his issues with management well. 

10 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

This is how Trent can come back to the team and save face at the same time.  Fire his agent and throw him under the bus hard.  Blame everything on him.  Say the guy brainwashed him or whatever.  At that point, he can profusely apologize by professing that he has now seen the light and has always wanted to retire a Redskin.

he’s already said he wants to retire a Redskin. His agent said he wants to play somewhere else and then come back retire a Redskin, and be in the ring of fame. Just some of the dumbest **** I’ve ever heard. The interview his agent did with 1067 was enlightening in just how delusional he and his agent are. It wouldn’t surprise me if they think they can get the Redskins to flat out release him. I just don’t think the Redskins will. Again, delusional. Also, if I’m not mistaken, his agent wasn’t even an agent until Trent was drafted. He was a family friend who became his agent. Probably an easy job until now. Since the surgery it’s been mis-step after mis-step. I doubt Trent will fire him. Hard relationship to get out of.

His replacement get's selected today and the starter at Left OT (Peters, Penn or another FA) get's signed soon.  As I said, if TW wants to play hard ball we can too.  If this is what he can do and will do, we have the last laugh.  

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

I’ll be super pissed if they release him. Now is the time to go hard and force his hand. Coming back and playing at a high level is pretty much his only path to getting paid now.

He needs to can his agent first.  That would be a good start to showing there's a problem.

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He needs to can his agent first.  That would be a good start to showing there's a problem.

Seems like he won't, HigSkin.  He would have already done that.  TWs not stupid, I don't think.  He's being childish. Seems more like a vendetta. 

I can definitely see something being worked out with 9ers or Rams.  If the 9ers are willing to be fair, I'd think TW would want to play on a very talented team with a HC who's father drafted him.  

I bet Kyle Shanahan is savoring the idea of getting Trent for a 5th and a 7th.  At this point, the Skins just need to end the pain.  There's no way that RR lets TW in the locker room.

Keeping TW to "punish" him is ridiculous.  It will cost the Skins almost $13M to punish him, plus a lot of goodwill with the team.  What do the Skins get in return that is worth $13M?

Seriously - would you rather have a disgruntled TW or Jason Peters and Logan Ryan on one year deals?

2 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

I bet Kyle Shanahan is savoring the idea of getting Trent for a 5th and a 7th.  At this point, the Skins just need to end the pain.  There's no way that RR lets TW in the locker room.

Keeping TW to "punish" him is ridiculous.  It will cost the Skins almost $13M to punish him, plus a lot of goodwill with the team.  What do the Skins get in return that is worth $13M?

Seriously - would you rather have a disgruntled TW or Jason Peters and Logan Ryan on one year deals?

trading him for nothing is punishing us and trying to avoid that is why you keep him.  And if he sits out, he won't be making that money.

I'm against trading him for day 3 picks at this point.  Day 2 next year or player for player

I was listening to a Vikings reporter on 980.  Among her points

A. Vikings offered two picks, she believes a 4th and a 5th

B. She believes the Browns had the best offer first, she said 3rd and 4th but I couldn't tell if that's her guessing or a report

She says asking around the FO is playing hardball and in her mind doing a bad job playing poker unless they genuinely are good with Trent returning as an outcome here.  She thinks the Redskins end up with almost nothing for Trent because other teams might get tired of doing this dance with them.  She said sarcastically they might get a 6th rounder in the end for them the way they are handling this if they truly want to unload him.

Then we got conflicting reports about Trent wanting to go to Minny and also the opposite.  They are talking about this now on 980, the speculation is Minny didn't want to give him an extension or the money he wants. 

2 minutes ago, carex said:

trading him for nothing is punishing us and trying to avoid that is why you keep him.  And if he sits out, he won't be making that money.

I'm against trading him for day 3 picks at this point.  Day 2 next year or player for player

Yeah keeping him and having a roster spot be useless for another year is a great plan.  NoT!!   If we get compensation for next year, its another year thats alot.  We can get his replacement today and starting building for the future now.  

Redskins OT Trent Williams denies nixing potential trade to Vikings

• John Keim
  • Courtney Cronin

Washington Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams is denying that he struck down a potential trade to the Vikings because he didn't want to play in Minnesota, he told ESPN on Saturday.

"No, that's not true," Williams said.

However, sources confirmed to ESPN that the potential trade partners were informed at some point Friday that Williams did not want to play for the Vikings, as was first reported by NFL Network.

A source told ESPN that the Vikings had been among the preferred destinations for Williams and that the teams had discussed a deal for more than a month. But they did not come close to anything until Friday morning, when Minnesota increased its offer to include a second Day 3 draft pick, sources said. The Vikings had previously offered one pick on the third day.

Minnesota ended up selecting an offensive tackle, Ezra Cleveland, in the second round of the NFL draft.

With six teams drafting tackles in the first round Thursday, it's uncertain what teams will want to trade for Williams. The San Francisco 49ers had expressed interest, but there was no deal imminent, and sources said plenty of work remains. The 49ers likely will wait to know whether starting left tackle Joe Staley is retiring before making a move. The 49ers would also have to create more salary-cap space. If the 49ers want to acquire Williams, they would likely have to offer picks in the 2021 draft because they only have picks in the last three rounds Saturday.

Other teams, such as the Los Angeles Rams, might have interest, but lack the cap space to pull off a deal. Both the Rams (Sean McVay) and 49ers (Kyle Shanahan) have head coaches who worked with Williams in Washington.

The Redskins have maintained they don't feel they need to trade Williams this weekend if they don't like the offers.

Friday became the latest twist in a saga that began in June when Williams first requested to be traded or released.

Williams eventually told reporters he was upset over what he termed inadequate medical treatment involving a cancerous growth on his scalp. Sources with the Redskins said at the time -- and still maintain -- that it was about Williams wanting a new contract.

At the time, Williams had two years left on his deal with no guaranteed money. He is scheduled to make $12.5 million this season.

Williams reported to Washington shortly before the trade deadline on Oct. 29. He later said he was upset the organization didn't aggressively shop him, saying any trust with then-president Bruce Allen had been broken. In the fall, Redskins sources said they became more aggressive trying to trade Williams in the weeks leading up to the deadline.

Regardless, by reporting, Williams received credit for a season played, even though the Redskins flunked his physical and eventually placed him on the reserve/non-football injury list.

There was some hope the relationship could be repaired after the season. The Redskins fired Allen and head athletic trainer Larry Hess in December.

But Williams' side was also upset that new coach Ron Rivera met with free-agent tight end Greg Olsen in early March before he had contacted Williams. Rivera and Williams had one brief face-to-face conversation. Rivera has not wanted the team to extend any player contracts, including Williams', saying he wants to get to know his players first. That philosophy also applied to veteran linebacker Ryan Kerrigan, who is also entering the final year of his contract.

The Redskins gave Williams' agent, Vince Taylor, permission to seek a trade on March 5. That would allow him to negotiate a contract with any team wanting to trade. That led to increased talks with Minnesota, which had showed the most sustained interest.

Taylor expressed frustration with the Redskins on March 24 because no deal had been reached.

"It's time for the organization to act in a manner that is in both Williams' and the team's best interest," Taylor said in a statement released to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29097412/redskins-ot-trent-williams-denies-nixing-potential-trade-vikings

It seems like every new Skins Coach under Snyder has to solve a significant player problem from the prior regime (with the notable exception of Zorn, who followed Gibbs). 

Marty -> Jeff George

Gibbs -> Champ & Lavar

Shanny -> Hanesworth

Jay -> RG3

and now Ron -> Trent

Probably has something to do with Player and Player Acquisition culture. 

Hopefully Ron (and IMO more importantly Snyder) can finally end this cycle. 

Like I said in a previous post. He will be on the team this season. I know a lot of fans want him out of here but we don't know the whole story behind how his medical issue with the cancerous growth on his head was handled. Anyone on here would have been pissed off also if what was reported to be true.  Bruce Allen and the training staff screwed that one up. I really think that Trent underestimated his meeting with Ron Rivera. I think in the end he will show up and play because he wants to get that contract whether it is with the Redskins or somewhere else. And I think he wants it from the Redskins. 

Something has to give.

No team has room for 16 rookies and 13 day 3 picks on their roster and certainly not a playoff team.

As ridiculous as this is getting I see a trade happening to the viking where we trade trent and our early 4th round pick to the vikings for a haul of later picks.

18 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Yeah keeping him and having a roster spot be useless for another year is a great plan.  NoT!!   If we get compensation for next year, its another year thats alot.  We can get his replacement today and starting building for the future now.  

he's gotta report for him to be taking a roster spot. 

Archived