Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

At this point maybe its best to hold and then trade him when tackles start falling early in the year.  Rivera probably does not want the former regime distraction, and will likely want to cut the cord.

 

I think Kyle Smith may have convinced RR to play it cool and to let it play out to the Redskins advantage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bakedtater1 said:

So you think Minnesota didn't offer him enough money?


I haven’t seen this from any of the insiders yet, but I am convinced that’s what it was. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So you think Minnesota didn't offer him enough money?

Honestly I don't think any team wants to pay what he wants.  And they just happen to be in a real jam with money right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

 

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then get "hurt".

 

Can't wait for that non sense to unfold. 

**** him, he's gonna have to wait another year and collect zero money.

I hope he pretends that he is hurt and damages his value to other teams further next year with his zero guaranteed money.

The guy is a total piece of ****.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

His trade value was clearly highest when he had 2 years on his deal

 

 

Why do people still believe this! He wasnt playing on that deal. This whole thing is about money. 3 years, 2 years left it didnt matter he wanted a new deal to play.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

No team avoids having drama. None of them do.


I’d just like to offload the Allen drama somehow. But not an outright release. Williams has purposely tried to hurt the team more than once here. We either get value or he stays and plays like a man And helps his value or he sits, doesn’t accumulate a year, and stays on the roster for the next 10 years.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crabbypatty said:

**** him, he's gonna have to wait another year and collect zero money.

I hope he pretends that he is hurt and damages his value to other teams further next year with his zero guaranteed money.

The guy is a total piece of ****.

I am really starting to view Trent that way as well.  He has screwed us and if he was smart he would have fired his agent by now.  

 

I really hope we just don't release him, but I think that is going to be the reality of the matter.  Pipe dream would be him coming back and playing for the Skins, but again, certainly a pipe dream.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least we have narrowed it all the way down to being about the money. I said a while back I don't think he cares if he plays another down in the NFL and that the only way he would is if some team was dumb enough to drop 20 per on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

 

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then get "hurt".

 

Can't wait for that non sense to unfold. 

That's what I think happens too.  He doesn't want to play for this team.  I just hope he is sent somewhere else today.  Our F.O. has to clearly see the issues here and what can transpire.  If they don't they are more foolish than I thought.  Yes, I know we have a new F.O..

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

That's what I think happens too.  He doesn't want to play for this team.  I just hope he is sent somewhere else today.  Our F.O. has to clearly see the issues here and what can transpire.  If they don't they are more foolish than I thought.  


Teams are going to really struggle giving us a pick this year. If he winds up failing a physical, the trade cannot go back once a pick is made. So trading for him now saddles them with a dude who may not even be able to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally disgusted with Williams.

i do not want this clown on the team to infect young players with his “ pay me first attitude.”  Hope Riverboat Ron can send him to a team that finishes last in the league.  Karma is going to bite both he and his agent soon.  If he stays on our team I would keep him on the bench and ruin his free agent value for next year.  He has lost what little brain power he had left.  He should never be allowed to be inducted into Skins Hall of Fame.  I better not see his name inside the stadium ever.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KDawg said:


Teams are going to really struggle giving us a pick this year. If he winds up failing a physical, the trade cannot go back once a pick is made. So trading for him now saddles them with a dude who may not even be able to play.

Oh he'll be able to play.  He's rested his body and I think plays a full season, but a shortened one due to the Coronavirus.  Don't know what 9ers or Rams can trade us as they are the reported teams but I hope it happens today.  Maybe a player and pick will be involved.  Who knows.  I just don't want the guy here.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Oh he'll be able to play.  He's rested his body and I think plays a full season, but a shortened one due to the Coronavirus.  Don't know what 9ers or Rams can trade us as they are the reported teams but I hope it happens today.  Maybe a player and pick will be involved.  Who knows.  I just don't want the guy here.


Do we even know if a helmet fits him? :ols:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the reality, Trents options are drying up. None of us truly know what’s going on behind the scenes, but what’s obvious is that if Trent wants to get paid, he’ll likely have to come here and actually play. Any other scenario will result in him getting little to nothing. At that point he should just retire. I actually think that’s the likely outcome in this situation. He’s going to not be traded, and then wait until the last possible minute and then retire.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Patient is key here.Trent is a wack job but a team will get desperate between now and the trade deadline.This will lead them to giving us more than a 5th round pick.

Edited by Ghedrick
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KDawg said:


Do we even know if a helmet fits him? :ols:

I believe he's ready but too many bridges burnt and he and his agent have done it to themselves.  I just hope RR, like he did with a WR turned CB, won't mention any names, cough does the same with TW as he did with that player.

Edited by RWJ
Link to post
Share on other sites

Draw your own conclusions but yesterday's report was from multiple sources not just Ian Rap

 

 

Washington Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams is denying that he struck down a potential trade to the Vikings because he didn't want to play in Minnesota, he told ESPN on Saturday.

 

"No, that's not true," Williams said.

 

However, sources confirmed to ESPN that the potential trade partners were informed at some point Friday that Williams did not want to play for the Vikings, as was first reported by NFL Network. Williams' agent, Vince Taylor, could not be reached for comment.

 

A source told ESPN that the Vikings had been among the preferred destinations for Williams and that the teams had discussed a deal for more than a month. But they did not come close to anything until Friday morning, when Minnesota increased its offer to include a second Day 3 draft pick, sources said. The Vikings had previously offered one pick on the third day.

 

 

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Patient is key here.Trent is a wack job but a team will get desperate between now and the trade deadline.This will lead them to giving us more than a 5th round pick.

This team need not have a player like TW on this team complaining to the media on this team.  It should be over already.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HigSkin said:

Draw your own conclusions...

 

I would stand behind anything that RR and Smith say LONG before I would TW.  :)  Thanks for the post, HigSkin and keep them coming. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...