Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Rivera may not be as exasperated about Trent as many of the people here.  I have a feeling that Rivera may still want him to be their LT if it's possible.  Trent is still one of the very best at his position.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Details?

Rapoport doubled down on the Trent rejecting the Vikings story

He said that the statement released by Vincent Taylor was false and that Trent definitely did reject the Vikings and didn’t seem to impressed by having to do it

Edited by DefinitelyMaybe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I love it that a reporter asked Trent that question  😀

Asked Saturday if he is worried he won’t be traded, Williams replied: “No.”

Late Friday, Redskins Coach Ron Rivera sounded frustrated by the Williams saga, which has gone from Rivera hoping he could convince Williams to return to the team, after he missed all of last season in a dispute with former team president Bruce Allen, to actively shopping Williams.

“At the end of the day, guys, there’s no rush, there’s no hurry, we have opportunities and we will continue to keep working on it,” Rivera said in a video conference call 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/25/trent-williams-trade-vikings-fell-apart-he-says-he-didnt-block-it/?utm_campaign=wp_redskins&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Hopefully through polls or something else Rivera can be made aware that the aggravation coming from the agent, and Silverback isn't impacting the fans and that no pressure will come from fans just to cut him or trade him for peanuts. The team should understand that the fans will accept the best value possible which is now, sitting his rear on the bench and trading him only if a decent offer comes. I imagine there's a tiny minority of fans that are of the "get rid of the distraction" variety but I imagine the majority want fair compensation or screw him, and that's how Rivera and the team should behave.

I was also one of the Silverback supporters because I viewed/view the organization as essentially vile and evil, especially as Allen/Snyder, but w/Snyder in general. Then Silverback had to have an offseason that included all the stories told AND the dog incident in the fall which has pretty well tarnished him entirely in my eyes and made me lump him with them. Doesn't mean I don't err on the side of players, but not when doing what Williams wants will just entirely hose the team and its fans. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If so, then here is what I do at this point: Don't trade him.  He can come and play for the 'Skins on his current contract or he can not report and sit out. If you play, and play well, you can leave at the end of the year.  And then tell him if he fakes an injury to collect the money and not play, that's fine, we'll franchise you and see what you have in 2021.  

We're not going to release you, so you can either play for us or nobody at this point.  

Been thinking about this. There's no need to franchise him. If this off season has taught us anything it's that the league isn't dopey for Trent Williams (pun intended). If he plays okay and then gets injured with a sketchy injury after game 6 or 8 then the teams considering him will have their worst suspicions confirmed. Either his heart isn't in the game or he is a fragile older player who can't stay in the game anymore. In either case, no one is breaking the bank for Williams not when they can get some nearly as good for half the price or a rookie at a tenth the price.

Trent's only realistic option would be to ball out and be better than he ever was before. Remind the team and the league that he is the "best left tackle" in the league. If he does that, then all bets are off.

• Like 1

Wow, I am not a Rapoport guy generally but I love his feistiness here.  He essentially calls Trent's agent a liar.  I got to give Mike Jones props -- I recall years ago he suggested Trent's agent is a really weird dude and a bit of a clown. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Finlay weighs in...

First, it was the Medical Staff.

Next, it was the GM.

After that, it was the Skins asking for too much.

Finally, it is about Trent. 

It has always been about Trent. 

Burning goodwill on both ends of the proverbial candle. 

• Like 1

To be fair I wouldn't want to play for Mike Zimmer either. At this point the Redskins won't get fair compensation. I would wait up until the trade deadline at this point.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I don't feel bad for Trent at all.

If you are going to turn your BFF into an NFL agent even though that's not their calling and what they've done in their career.  And you wing it through a process like that -- then they get what they deserve.  But sadly it screws us too.  Their antics don't help his trade value or make it easy to trade him.

If I were Kyle Smith, I'd call Trent and say

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Been thinking about this. There's no need to franchise him. If this off season has taught us anything it's that the league isn't dopey for Trent Williams (pun intended). If he plays okay and then gets injured with a sketchy injury after game 6 or 8 then the teams considering him will have their worst suspicions confirmed. Either his heart isn't in the game or he is a fragile older player who can't stay in the game anymore. In either case, no one is breaking the bank for Williams not when they can get some nearly as good for half the price or a rookie at a tenth the price.

Trent's only realistic option would be to ball out and be better than he ever was before. Remind the team and the league that he is the "best left tackle" in the league. If he does that, then all bets are off.

my point was more if he shows up for TC, claims a hang nail, and declares himself ineligible for the entire year, forcing the 'Skins to pay him while he just sits there.

If he comes in and gets an injury after 6 or 8 games, and it's kinda sketch, I would probably just let that go.  He's costing himself money by doing that, whether he realizes it or not.  

Trent is a turd and an A-hole.  He's not going to make this easy.  Bruce started this, but he's continuing this.  He's not worth $20M.  If he wants to be released, it's not happening.  He can rot on the couch.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

This is a discussion about nothing new known. Rapoport is talking just to keep conversation happening on many nfl issues.
#weareboredsoletsjusttalktostayontheairitillsomethingelsehappensthatwecantalkabout 

Edited by ClaytoAli
4 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Congratulations Trent.

You just found a way to launder Bruce Allen's image without Bruce even trying. 

It was always YOU.  Not Bruce!

Bruce is looking even worse over time on this.  From my perspective i never cared who was at fault.  I posted back then plenty evidence that both he and Trent were at fault for different reasons.  My thing is trade the dude.  

To use an ebay analogy.  Bruce basically took an item that could have gotten $200 last fall.  We got bidders.   Then waited for the market to flood with similar products and now we are begging for $100 for the same item.  Bruce is the same dude who leaked to all the beat guys of just you watch Trent's trade value will be better this off season than during the season.   It sounded stupid then but its playing out even more stupid now. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

giphy.gif

God, I still get a visceral reaction from this scene/movie... having watched it 3 times consecutively so I could write an essay on it for film 101 class.... after I bailed on The English Patient - having also watched it 3 times.... which had me seriously questioning my sanity.

Here’s a recent bit of wisdom I stumbled into. Some people are content in their misery. It’s a form of rejection not to allow them it. And it takes an incredible amount of self-discipline on our part not to feel like saving the world. Especially when it hasn’t asked. Which is almost all the time. 

This is a really nuanced situation. It’s actually fascinating to watch it unfold. High stakes poker game. Who’s going to flinch? Both parties going all in. But this might not even get resolved in a year or more. 

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Rapoport doubled down on the Trent rejecting the Vikings story

He said that the statement released by Vincent Taylor was false and that Trent definitely did reject the Vikings and didn’t seem to impressed by having to do it

God I really hope this is correct because if Trent isn't lying then this looks like Snyder (and was hoping with Bruce gone there would be a chance to eliminate the toxic environment).

• TK locked this topic