Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

5 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Ian Rapoport reporting that we were in "constant contact" with the Vikings about a trade but Williams made it known today that he didn't want to go to Minnesota. 

Probably knew they’d have to use Sith Alchemy to have enough cap to give him what he wanted and he already knew Cousins and said “Yeah... no... “

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Redd said:

Anybody still want to defend Trent.  I'm done with the guy.  Either show up and play for your next contract or continue to be your worse enemy.

I was chill with Trent until she reported and played on the helmet discomfort and then his agent started running his mouth

As it appears we won’t be getting much in return for him I just hope wherever he goes they aren’t a contender I wish him absolutely no success 

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think that growth removal crossed some wiring up there.  Wtf

The growth is still there, its what his helmet is supposed to protect.  He could not have played this any worse if it was his intention to do so..

24 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

The growth is still there, its what his helmet is supposed to protect.  He could not have played this any worse if it was his intention to do so..

Not if his highest priority was to never play for us again. Or, football.  Football takes a hefty toll on players that money cannot fix.

At this point maybe its best to hold and then trade him when tackles start falling early in the year.  Rivera probably does not want the former regime distraction, and will likely want to cut the cord.

Bruce could not have played this any worse than he did.  

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

He thinks he can force us to cut him so he can call the shots. I’m a spiteful MFer, I really hope that doesn’t happen. 

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then get "hurt".

Can't wait for that non sense to unfold. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then getting "hurt".

Basically his strategy is going to be to cause the biggest scene and distraction- this may continue to get worse. 

I hope we hold to our guns, sue him for the money owed, force him into retirement and then remove any evidence of his existence. He has done a full heel turn and has become one of my least favorite redskins of  all time. 

Just now, KDawg said:

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then getting "hurt".

That's what I think, too.

Unless it is a legit injury, other teams are going to see right through that ploy and it will lower his value going forward.  What team is willing to pay a malingering trouble making diva $17M+ of guaranteed money?  None, that's who.

I'm sure his agent has explained that scenario to him.  Not.

• Like 1

A person familiar with the Redskins’ plans said the team will not give Williams away for what it believes to be insufficient compensation, and that person added that Rivera might be willing to wait and see whether Williams will return to Washington if the team is unable to trade him, figuring Williams would not want to sit out back-to-back seasons.

When asked Friday whether he is prepared to keep Williams if a trade can’t be made, Rivera responded: “We’ll have to wait and see. I’m not going to speculate on something that’s an ongoing process right now.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/24/redskins-draft-antonio-gibson-with-third-round-pick/

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He's going to wind up being our starting LT and then get "hurt".

As an optimist ... I think he returns ... plays out the year ... has a pro-bowl type season ... and wins back the locker-room.

It's the clearest path to set himself up for 2021+ big payday from the Redskins ... or someone else.   It's his best option.

Win - win for everybody.

Edited by 09
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, 09 said:

As an optimist ... I think he returns ... plays out the year ... has a pro-bowl type season ... and wins back the locker-room.

I hate to tell you this but there's a difference between being optimistic and being delusional😁

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, purbeast said:

Cause he knows he ain't going nowhere with Cousins.

Because it's really about the MONEY.  Trent knows Vikings have little cap space.  So the ridiculous extension he wants would be off the table from the start

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, 09 said:

It's the clearest path to set himself up for 2021+ big payday from the Redskins ... or someone else.   It's his best option.

Win - win for everybody.

I’ll drink your kool-aid, sir. But I don’t actually believe what you’re selling. :ols:

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

If Trent's been killing trades, part of me wonders if this is some kind of passive/aggressive nonsense? On the flip side, I wonder if it means he really doesn't want to play, but can't admit it to himself? At any rate, now I kind of get why the Redskins can't get a value anywhere close to Trent's value. Trent is making it impossible, impossible for every side.

I didn't think about it until reading some stuff on twitter about the Vikings.  Speculation is Trent's agent might have gotten the sense the Vikings weren't willing to pay him the money he wants and perhaps another team would.  Others keep saying Trent just wants to play for a contender.  Yet he gets giddy about potentially going to Cleveland but not Minny?  Makes no sense.  But the money side of it does.  Right now, the Redskins have taken over the trade talks so they can make a deal with a team but Trent's agent can in effect sabotage it if said team doesn't want to pay his contract demands. 

Last year I was somewhat neutral on who was wrong.  My point then was there is enough to evidence that both sides had culpability. And by that I don't mean the medical staff but Bruce and Trent.   Dealing with a douche though can bring out the douche in someone else.   My point last year was constantly I don't even care who is wrong I just want him traded.

I still actually feel that way.  I don't know if Trent is a bad guy or not.  I've heard both accounts but mostly positive. His teammates supposedly love him.  They had his back when he blasted the team last year.  Some people who have dealt with him behind the scenes like Cooley say he is a stand up guy. 

So my frustration with Trent remains the same subject.  Help the team in the effort to trade him.  Don't be a dummy and get in your own way. 

Rivera is a different cat from Bruce to say the least, he has integrity and is pragmatic.    Trent seems to be working off emotion and greed.  If what Sheehan and others have said, they heard Trent was told by his agent that he can recoup all the money he lost by sitting out last year via a mega deal.  But that mega deal obviously hasn't happened yet. 

Right now, all signs point to Trent is just about money versus going to a contender or just getting out to get out.   Now he has that right.  It's a business. Nothing wrong about just wanting money but the dude should be honest about it IMO versus playing these games about how its about other stuff.   In his shoes, if its all about getting a big deal than come back and ball and go to FA. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Ugh......

As much as I understand what a POS Bruce was in this, and how Trent is bent outta shape past the point of being rational, damn I hate the drama.

Bruce’s power over the Redskins is working well beyond his existence here. True sign of a Sith lord, he can agitate from many angles unseen.

bruce-allen-trent-williams.jpg

Edited by ClaytoAli
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't think about it until reading some stuff on twitter about the Vikings.  Speculation is Trent's agent might have gotten the sense the Vikings weren't willing to pay him the money he wants and other team would............So my frustration with Trent remains the same subject.  Help the team in the effort to trade him.  Don't be a dummy and get in your own way.  So in that sense Trent self sabotages himself IMO in the same way Bruce did to the team ironically.  

92230383_10222136192774632_1494575179362205696_n.jpg.c5b07ff8b4e1a169282bc6be54333ae1.jpg

12 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Ugh......

As much as I understand what a POS Bruce was in this, and how Trent is bent outta shape past the point of being rational, damn I hate the drama.

I dislike Bruce as much as anyone here, and he screwed this up because they could have dealt him for relatively fair compensation last year and now it seems like teams are offering a ham sandwich for him.  Most of us called that one in advance.  His trade value was clearly highest when he had 2 years on his deal still and more importantly teams didn't have any other options at LT so we had miles more leverage. 

I think though Trent's dummy agent has made Trent look like a fool this year.  They can't play Trent now against the bad guy.  Rivera is all class, integrity.  The game has changed as to the PR side of this.  And I've heard plenty that Trent is a super cool guy from his teammates who talked him up among others.  I think his agent has played him.  They seem convinced they have a mega deal out there.  And it doesn't sound like they do.  IMO his agent has been totally embarrassed and by extension Trent.

If they can't find a marriage between a team that won't offer them what they want and also pay the Redskins fair compensation, then IMO suck it up and come back.  Kill it during the season and that likely would assuage some teams that he's healthy and playing at a high level and either leave in FA or the Redskins can get more value in all likelihood when a contender is short of a LT and doesn't have a stacked draft LT or FA to tap into at the time.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ll drink your kool-aid, sir. But I don’t actually believe what you’re selling. :ols:

Not selling brother ... just believe it's his best option ... and that logic will prevail.

I think the players would certainly welcome him back.  

Rivera and him could easily work together.   Wouldn't be first time two stubborn/proud people figured it out.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

Because it's really about the MONEY.  Trent knows Vikings have little cap space.  So the ridiculous extension he wants would be off the table from the start

Damn. I’ll bet you’re right. 

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Can't wait to hear what the reasoning is for Trent not wanting to go to Minnesota other than it's colder than hell

I said this earlier but the Vikings are so cap strapped I couldn't see it happening. I still believe they will unload him before training camp.

3 minutes ago, 09 said:

Not selling brother ... just believe it's his best option ... and that logic will prevail.

I think the players would certainly welcome him back.  

Rivera and him could easily work together.   Wouldn't be first time two stubborn/proud people figured it out.

I agree. And it's the most logical for Trent as well. He'll figure it out. He'll have all summer to think about it.

• Like 1

lol so now he's requiring a trade to a place he wants to go or get outright cut? now i'm truly okay with ending his career and forcing him into retirement. then, in 10 years or so, cut him...just to rub salt in the wound on the side of his head.

5 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I said this earlier but the Vikings are so cap strapped I couldn't see it happening. I still believe they will unload him before training camp.

So you think Minnesota didn't offer him enough money?

• TK locked this topic