Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

if they took Claypool with all those players on the board, I'd have quite the snit.  I guess then recover and just trust it.  😀  I've not been a big Shenault guy as an example but in the third maybe I can see it as a ball handler type in the backfield for sweep, end arounds, etc. So I can be sold.   Hamler ditto, maybe they want to tap into that speed, etc.  For Claypool, I don't see it, has speed but no wiggle.  He's a tougher sell for me unless they are convinced he can be a TE. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-day-2-nfl-mock-draft-giants-trade-up-to-start-round-2-buccaneers-land-dandre-swift-patriots-take-a-qb/

NFL MOCK DRAFT
ROUND 3

Round 3 - Pick 1 (65)

OHIO STATE • SR • 6'3" / 247 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati
PROSPECT RNK
99th
POSITION RNK
7th

The Bengals have to improve on defense, and Harrison is a middle-of-the-field playmaker.
Round 3 - Pick 2 (66)

NOTRE DAME • SR • 6'4" / 238 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
82nd
POSITION RNK
14th

If the Redskins are building around Dwayne Haskins, they'll need to get him more weapons.
Round 3 - Pick 3 (67)

Kyle Dugger S
LENOIR-RHYNE • SR • 6'1" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Detroit
PROSPECT RNK
66th
POSITION RNK
7th

The Lions add another stellar athlete to the secondary in the hyper-versatile Dugger.
   From New York Giants
Round 3 - Pick 4 (68)

NOTRE DAME • SR • 6'0" / 193 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Jets
PROSPECT RNK
87th
POSITION RNK
13th

The Jets need to bolster their secondary and do so with the lightning-quick Pride.
Round 3 - Pick 5 (69)

Cole Kmet TE
NOTRE DAME • JR • 6'6" / 262 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Carolina
PROSPECT RNK
53rd
POSITION RNK
1st

Greg Olsen is gone, and Teddy Bridgewater will need all the help he can get.
Round 3 - Pick 6 (70)

LSU • SR • 6'2" / 327 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Miami
PROSPECT RNK
59th
POSITION RNK
10th

Lewis is a squatty powerful guard who'll start right away in Miami.
Round 3 - Pick 7 (71)

Adam Trautman TE
DAYTON • SR • 6'5" / 255 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
80th
POSITION RNK
2nd

The Patriots add some help at tight end with the second of their picks acquired after trading out of Round 1.
Round 3 - Pick 8 (72)

TCU • SR • 6'6" / 315 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Arizona
PROSPECT RNK
70th
POSITION RNK
11th

The Cardinals have to address the offensive line for Kyler Murray, and Niang has rare movement skills for someone his size.
Round 3 - Pick 9 (73)

Ben Bartch OL
NFL DRAFT • 6'6" / 309 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Jacksonville
PROSPECT RNK
98th
POSITION RNK
20th

Bartch has the feet and power to actually stay at left tackle in the NFL.
Round 3 - Pick 10 (74)

APPALACHIAN STATE • SR • 6'2" / 224 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cleveland
PROSPECT RNK
73rd
POSITION RNK
5th

Davis-Gaither is a high-energy player who routinely finds the football in a hurry.
Round 3 - Pick 11 (75)

ALABAMA • SR • 6'5" / 262 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Indianapolis
PROSPECT RNK
50th
POSITION RNK
5th

If healthy, Lewis could be the steal of the draft because of his length, athletic gifts, and polished hand work.
Round 3 - Pick 12 (76)

MINNESOTA • SOPH • 5'9" / 203 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Tampa Bay
PROSPECT RNK
60th
POSITION RNK
5th

Winfield can range from the deep middle in Tampa Bay, and this fills a big deal for the Bucs.
Round 3 - Pick 13 (77)

ALABAMA • SR • 6'1" / 205 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Denver
PROSPECT RNK
30th
POSITION RNK
5th

The Broncos are shocked at the value here with Diggs, a physically dominant press man cornerback, so they have to take him.
Round 3 - Pick 14 (78)

BAYLOR • JR • 6'4" / 289 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Atlanta
PROSPECT RNK
184th
POSITION RNK
15th

Lynch gives the Falcons versatility and plenty of athleticism up front on defense.
Round 3 - Pick 15 (79)

Bradlee Anae EDGE
UTAH • SR • 6'3" / 257 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Jets
PROSPECT RNK
93rd
POSITION RNK
11th

Anae is an animal with his hand work and sets a sturdy edge.
Round 3 - Pick 16 (80)

ALABAMA • SR • 6'6" / 311 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Las Vegas
PROSPECT RNK
97th
POSITION RNK
8th

Las Vegas continues to get stronger up the middle by adding Davis, once thought to be a first-round talent.
   From Chicago Bears
Round 3 - Pick 17 (81)

CLEMSON • SR • 6'4" / 321 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Las Vegas
PROSPECT RNK
167th
POSITION RNK
34th

Simpson needs to get more balanced, but he's an absolute mauler in the run game.
   Mock Trade from Dallas Cowboys
Round 3 - Pick 18 (82)

MISSISSIPPI STATE • JR • 6'2" / 188 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Buffalo
PROSPECT RNK
69th
POSITION RNK
11th

The Bills see the length, instincts, and feisty nature in Dantzler and make a move to get him.
   From Pittsburgh Steelers
Round 3 - Pick 19 (83)

OHIO STATE • SR • 6'4" / 320 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Denver
PROSPECT RNK
117th
POSITION RNK
9th

Hamilton gives the Broncos the space-eater they need on the interior.
Round 3 - Pick 20 (84)

USC • SR • 6'4" / 223 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
L.A. Rams
PROSPECT RNK
58th
POSITION RNK
10th

The Rams keep it local with Pittman and add some size to their wideout contingent.
   From Philadelphia Eagles
Round 3 - Pick 21 (85)

MICHIGAN • SR • 6'5" / 315 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Detroit
PROSPECT RNK
122nd
POSITION RNK
24th

The LIons could use some help on their offensive interior, and Bredeson has a high floor.
   Mock Trade from Buffalo Bills
Round 3 - Pick 22 (86)

IOWA • SR • 6'1" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Dallas
PROSPECT RNK
104th
POSITION RNK
14th

The Cowboys get length, instincts, and athleticism with Ojemudia here.
Round 3 - Pick 23 (87)

OKLAHOMA • SR • 6'1" / 222 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
100th
POSITION RNK
6th

There's the quarterback for the Patriots. Bill Belichick's buddy Nick Saban signs off on the young passer.
   Mock Trade from New Orleans Saints
Round 3 - Pick 24 (88)

Cam Akers RB
FLORIDA STATE • JR • 5'10" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Tennessee
PROSPECT RNK
49th
POSITION RNK
4th

The Titans love the idea of the complementary running styles of Derrick Henry and Akers in Nashville.
Round 3 - Pick 25 (89)

MISSOURI • JR • 6'4" / 302 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
67th
POSITION RNK
7th

The Vikings get an hand-work master in Elliott to add some pass-rush prowess to the interior of their defensive line.
Round 3 - Pick 26 (90)

UCLA • JR • 5'10" / 195 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Houston
PROSPECT RNK
112th
POSITION RNK
16th

Holmes has all the athleticism you'd want in a corner; his game is just very inconsistent.
   From Houston Texans
Round 3 - Pick 27 (91)

UTAH • SR • 5'11" / 202 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Las Vegas
PROSPECT RNK
73rd
POSITION RNK
6th

Burgess can play safety as well as line up in the slot and play both positions extremely well.
Round 3 - Pick 28 (92)

UCF • JR • 6'2" / 216 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
119th
POSITION RNK
20th

Davis is a good-sized, twitchy speedster who'd fit perfectly in Baltimore.
   From Tennessee Titans
Round 3 - Pick 29 (93)

LSU • JR • 6'3" / 229 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New Orleans
PROSPECT RNK
156th
POSITION RNK
12th

Phillips is a springy, sure tackler with impressive range.
Round 3 - Pick 30 (94)

COLORADO • SR • 6'1" / 228 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Green Bay
PROSPECT RNK
130th
POSITION RNK
10th

Taylor has major speed for the linebacker spot and is an effective block-shedder.
   From San Francisco 49ers
Round 3 - Pick 31 (95)

MISSOURI • JR • 6'6" / 258 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Denver
PROSPECT RNK
108th
POSITION RNK
6th

How about another pass-catching option for Drew Lock?
Round 3 - Pick 32 (96)

VIRGINIA • SR • 6'1" / 202 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Kansas City
PROSPECT RNK
55th
POSITION RNK
9th

Hall is a super-long disruptor who gets to the football often because of his instincts.
   From Houston Texans
Round 3 - Pick 33 (97)

LOUISIANA TECH • JR • 5'8" / 187 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cleveland
PROSPECT RNK
112th
POSITION RNK
16th

Robertson is undersized but he was one of the most physical CBs in the country last season.
Round 3 - Pick 34 (98)

CLEMSON • SR • 5'11" / 206 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
105th
POSITION RNK
8th

Wallace is a do-everything safety who rocks inside as a slot corner and is a fine tackler.
Round 3 - Pick 35 (99)

LIBERTY • SR • 6'4" / 223 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
N.Y. Giants
PROSPECT RNK
94th
POSITION RNK
17th

A huge catch radius makes Gandy-Golden an intriguing option late on Day 2.
Round 3 - Pick 36 (100)

OHIO STATE • SR • 6'4" / 306 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
New England
PROSPECT RNK
79th
POSITION RNK
16th

Jackson doesn't look the part but routinely gets the job done at the guard spot.
Round 3 - Pick 37 (101)

FLORIDA • SR • 6'3" / 264 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Seattle
PROSPECT RNK
68th
POSITION RNK
2nd

Zuniga has all the athletic traits to be a star in a few seasons. He just is raw with the technical aspect.
Round 3 - Pick 38 (102)

MEMPHIS • SR • 6'0" / 228 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Pittsburgh
PROSPECT RNK
88th
POSITION RNK
6th

More running back help for the Steelers, which is needed because James Conner is entering a contract year. Gibson is a little raw but explosive and versatile.
Round 3 - Pick 39 (103)

K.J. Hill WR
OHIO STATE • SR • 6'0" / 196 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Philadelphia
PROSPECT RNK
118th
POSITION RNK
19th

No one would fault the Eagles for doubling up on receiver, and Hill runs routes like an NFL veteran.
Round 3 - Pick 40 (104)

SYRACUSE • SR • 6'3" / 264 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
L.A. Rams
PROSPECT RNK
133rd
POSITION RNK
14th

Robinson is a heavy-handed edge rusher who had a better 2018 than 2019 season but has all the tools to consistently pressure the QB.
Round 3 - Pick 41 (105)

CHARLOTTE • SR • 6'3" / 248 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Minnesota
PROSPECT RNK
140th
POSITION RNK
15th

Highsmith is a wrestler on the outside with a sturdy frame to set a strong edge.
Round 3 - Pick 42 (106)

CALIFORNIA • SR • 6'1" / 202 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
42nd
POSITION RNK
3rd

If healthy, Davis has at least second-round talent with a nice blend of coverage range and hitting ability.

13 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

This is all on Bruce  for SCREWING this up last year.  Pats got a 4th for Gronk and he's still an elite talent at his position even at his age.  Skins better be prepared to take what they get if they get anything at all for Trent.

No one really knows what Gronk is right now. He certainly wasn’t elite in his last season, lost size since and hasn’t played in over a calendar year. NE got a fourth for a guy who was retired and had no intention of coming back until recently. Kinda’ similar time TW in a way. Missed a lot of time in his last season, hasn’t played in even longer a time than Gronk and his last season wasn’t exactly memorable.

Let's hope that Donaldson tweet just means the compensation isn't going to be the pie-in-the-sky level that people were still foolishly clinging to yesterday, rather than being "not good" in the sense that no deal can get done at all. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if they took Claypool with all those players on the board, I'd have quite the snit.  I guess then recover and just trust it.  😀  I've not been a big Shenault guy as an example but in third maybe I can see it as a ball handler type in the backfield for sweep, end arounds, etc.   Hamler ditto, maybe they want to tap into that speed, etc.  For Claypool, I don't see it, has speed but no wiggle. 

I'd be happy with Claypool a WR/TE hybrid.  SIP, thoughts on if they took Kmet or Trautman at #66 verses Claypool?

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Let's hope that Donaldson tweet just means the compensation isn't going to be the pie-in-the-sky level that people were still foolishly clinging to yesterday, rather than being "not good" in the sense that no deal can get done at all. 

She is like everyone else.  Inside info.  Skins now don't leak out info as we can tell.  We will see how the chips fall but I have and always will be in the camp that TW never plays another game for us and is eventually traded. 

Just now, RWJ said:

I'd be happy with Claypool a WR/TE hybrid.  SIP, thoughts on if they took Kmet or Trautman at #66 verses Claypool?

I'm not SIP but from my POV, I'd much prefer either of those guys to Claypool if those are my only three options at the pick, because I know where they're playing and what their skillset is. Claypool is a risk bc his measurables don't really show up on tape and he's not a clean convert to TE or a great bet to excel if he stays outside. 

I'd assume SIP agrees with me based on our conversations about Claypool.

13 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Obviously is just my opinion and some draft geeks obviously disagree with me on this so I could be wrong.  But my cliff notes take is this;

A.  When I watched Claypool, I couldn't take my eyes off of Kmet.  Kmet to me is a distinctly better player than Claypool. 

B.  I like Trautman and Kmet almost equally albeit they are different type of players

When I watch receivers and TEs the thing I cling to more than anything is separation skills.   And Claypool on that front strikes me really stiff.   Trautman has some stiffness too but he's so much more physical than Claypool that I can forgive it. 

The reason why I'd ride with it if they took him is simply because I'd trust Kyle Smith saw something I don't.  I can understand the idea of a 230 pound plus receiver who can run 4.4 is tantalizing.  and I really wanted to love him for that reason but I just can't fall for him when I watch him.  But if they think they can mold that clay, I'll go for the ride.   But just from watching Claypool, I am not a big fan. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Obviously is just my opinion and some draft geeks obviously disagree with me on this so I could be wrong.  But my cliff notes take is this;

A.  When I watched Claypool, I couldn't take my eyes off of Kmet.  Kmet to me is a distinctly better player than Claypool. 

B.  I like Trautman and Kmet almost equally albeit they are different type of players

When I watch receivers and TEs the thing I cling to more than anything is separation skills.   And Claypool on that front strikes me really stiff.   Trautman has some stiffness too but he's so much more physical than Claypool that I can forgive it. 

The reason why I'd ride with it if they took him is simply because I'd trust Kyle Smith saw something I don't.  I can understand the idea of a 230 pound plus receiver who can run 4.4 is tantalizing.  and I really wanted to love him for that reason but I just can't fall for him when I watch him.  But if they think they can mold that clay, I'll go for the ride.   But just from watching Claypool, I am not a big fan. 

I mentioned to ConnSkin that it wouldn't surprise me if we traded down with our 3rd and our 1st 4th tonight/tomorrow to pick up more selections.  We are in good position to do that and add more picks to fill holes.  

I’ve been saying for almost a year now that Bruce dropped the ball on this one. He should have moved him immediately.

Instead, Williams sat a season out, by the time he plays again it will be almost 2 years since the last time he was on the field, he managed to stir the pot with his helmet situation, he and his agent leaked that he wants $20M/year and has burned a ton of bridges. 

GMs see all of that. People don’t want to hitch their wagons to such a large risk for such a high price. The Redskins new regime was right to not give Trent away for pennies on the dollar, but at this point the damage from Allen AND Williams has been done and can’t be undone.

No team was going to trade for TW before the draft unfolded last night. It would be really dumb. And the same thing tonight. Josh Jones needs to come off the board before teams want to pony up for Williams. 

Yea, Williams is better than Jones at this point. Maybe. Who knows what kind of shape and health he’s in. But the cost is astronomical versus Jones. Especially the further he falls. 

No GM wants to expose themselves like that, especially without a way to assess Williams. And, if they give up a third and Williams fails the physical whenever they can do it... guess what? Can’t go back now. Deal is done.

The whole Trent ‘taking passing a physical’ is a major factor in this. Part of me thinks he must have already fulfilled some kind of duty towards that, thus enabling any kind of discussions to take place at all.

Said a while back, no team would sign off on that risk and allow us to utilise draft picks without that assurance. 

Lets see what today brings.

And as frustrating as hell this saga has been, end of the day we bagged Chase ****ing Young and have the chance to net 2-3 more very good draft prospects.

Also got numerous options still available in FA, with a good level of cap space in reserve, to still improve.

It’s not all bad.....

The Vikings, with two 1st round picks did not go offensive line and that is still a huge area of need for them. They have two third round picks and a 2nd. They could deal Reiff and a third for Trent and come out looking much more prepared to make a run at the NFC championship than they were last year. Zimmer has to beef up that line and their window is now. I see the Vikings as the perfect match for Trent....if they can find him a helmet.

1 minute ago, paloosa said:

Why would we trade Trent to the Vikings for Reiff and a 3rd when Reiff is older and not as good? 

I'd think solely to help them make the money work.  They are tight against the cap.

2 minutes ago, paloosa said:

Why would we trade Trent to the Vikings for Reiff and a 3rd when Reiff is older and not as good? 

Reiff would be a salary dump for MIN in that type of deal and a body for us without Trent. The 3rd is the prize there. 

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ve been saying for almost a year now that Bruce dropped the ball on this one. He should have moved him immediately.

Instead, Williams sat a season out, by the time he plays again it will be almost 2 years since the last time he was on the field, he managed to stir the pot with his helmet situation, he and his agent leaked that he wants $20M/year and has burned a ton of bridges. 

GMs see all of that. People don’t want to hitch their wagons to such a large risk for such a high price. The Redskins new regime was right to not give Trent away for pennies on the dollar, but at this point the damage from Allen AND Williams has been done and can’t be undone.

No team was going to trade for TW before the draft unfolded last night. It would be really dumb. And the same thing tonight. Josh Jones needs to come off the board before teams want to pony up for Williams. 

Yea, Williams is better than Jones at this point. Maybe. Who knows what kind of shape and health he’s in. But the cost is astronomical versus Jones. Especially the further he falls. 

No GM wants to expose themselves like that, especially without a way to assess Williams. And, if they give up a third and Williams fails the physical whenever they can do it... guess what? Can’t go back now. Deal is done.

Exactly.

I've been saying for months that today is the day. Teams had to see how the 1st round would shake out before making the move. I still think we end up with a late 2nd value (3rd + another mid round pick).

Another thought. This quarantine works out very well for us with Trent because:

1) With no one in the building, we dont have the looming questions to the team about Trent not being there

2) With reduced practices, I fully expect more injuries going into the season. I would not mind waiting until a team loses a Tackle to injury or sees that a player simply isnt good enough.

Also, we dont need this injury/poor performance to be strictly a LT. A team with an average LT and bad RT might move their LT to the right and then bring in TW.

With the quarantine and changing narrative (TW and his agent looking like asshole amateurs), I have no issue just holding tight if we get poor offers.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I just noticed I put the mock draft on the wrong thread, meant to do it on the draft thread, sorry about that.

Keim doubled down this morning he hears Minny would likely be the best shot

No speculation on what the offer is though.. what are we talking about, a 4th? 5th?  Picks next year?

What do you guys think if someone offered us a 2nd or 3rd next year. Would you try to trade it to someone else for something this year?

Like say next year's third from minny, would you try to trade it for a 4th this year?

Archived