Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

1 minute ago, NYSkins21 said:

This!!! I love it.

So do I....The tail does not wag the dog. 

It's amazing to me that Trent is keeping the same agent throughout the entire saga....if nothing else, do a free one hour consult with veteran agent Leigh Steinberg and see what he recommends for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The problem is Rick Spielman has knocked the draft out of the park consistently. If Minesota had a better qb, they would have a Super Bowl. Spielman is playing hardball on Trent’s price. He’s a true test for Kyle Smith. 

33 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

For those that are saying the Vikings have all of the leverage, they are being ridiculously one sided.  Sure, the Redskins would like to move him, but the only way they lose leverage is by HAVING to move him.  If you determine a 5% chance on a 5th-6th round player isnt worth giving up a year of Haskins development with better protection, you are willing to sit it out.

But the Vikings lose leverage because they are trying to compete THIS year, and so they have to bring someone in while they still have a window.  The Vikings destroy their shot at a playoff run by choosing to not bring in a player they can afford, which will make the fans livid at the front office by the end of the year.  The Redskins FO clearly realizes that, and so no, they dont need to just give in to whatever the Vikings offer as if they are desperate but the Vikings dont care.

This is exactly right! If we cant get a second or third plus a future, stand pat young Kyle!!! Use him to protect young DH.

The only thing we are stuck with is Trent's malcontent. We can deal with that as it's in HIS best interest do deal with it as well. 

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Thats not true, telling someone 5 years later to get a 2nd opinion on that deadly cancer is almost killing him.  You sound like Dan, nice guy.

Whether or not Trent is a jerk is separate from saying the Redskins deserve to be applauded for the way they have treated him.  Thats one of the most absurd things Ive seen on here.  You know, you CAN say Trent is a jerk for how hes treating things and he deserves it, and the Redskins deserve it for how they have treated things.

Both sides played this poorly but if you haven’t realized now that while Trent may hold a gripe against the medical staff, this has all been done for money. If he wanted out he wouldn’t have ridiculous contract demands that would make him clear and away the highest paid OL in the NFL. If he really wanted out he would be more reasonable about what he wants because apparently no team thinks hes worth what he’s asking for. Dude is looking to cash out one last time and has been told he has all the leverage in the world. Let him retire for all I care.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

So do I....The tail does not wag the dog. 

It's amazing to me that Trent is keeping the same agent throughout the entire saga....if nothing else, do a free one hour consult with veteran agent Leigh Steinberg and see what he recommends for you. 

When you back a dog (your analogy, not mine LOL) into a corner, it doesn’t typically respond with, “Hey, hold on a second. Can I make a quick yelp to an unbiased professional in my pack for some sage advice!” Lol

27 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Isn’t it funny how our brains attempts to make things binary, in an attempt to make sense of the non-sensical 🙂 And how much we identify with it? 

I was thinking that at 3.08am UK time earlier today. Time for round 2.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The problem is Rick Spielman has knocked the draft out of the park consistently. If Minesota had a better qb, they would have a Super Bowl. Spielman is playing hardball on Trent’s price. He’s a true test for Kyle Smith. 

Yeah that’s not true. Treadwell, Mike Hughes, Brian O’Neil, Elflein, Alexander, Trae Waynes, Corradelle Patterson and Sharrif Floyd all within the first two rounds all under his watch as GM. 7 genuine busts in 6 drafts. Outside of Dalvin Cook, Barr, Kendricks and I guess Xavier Rhodes I would say everyone else didn’t live up to expectations (Bridgewater, last year’s class etc). I would say only the ‘15 and ‘19 classes would be considered successes in any way.

In other words his biggest holes (and they’re massive) are the three positions he’s missed badly on. I don’t think a single receiver they drafted is on the team. That’s insane to think about (but I may be wrong about fringe guys). Same with corner. Massive hole despite spending a ton of resources on them.

• Like 2

This would be a hard test for anyone, let alone a rookie gm. But I think he’s playing it as well as u can. Force Minnesota/Seattle  to either draft a tackle or trade fairly. That’s how you earn your stripes as a gm in this league. 

• Like 1

Seems to me that Trent could be a good case moving forward in NFL rookie school. Don't ever say "never again" and don't show your cards and emotions. This is a business and you need to act like the owner of your own business. He has run his business very poorly regardless of what you think of how the Redskins have played this. Trent has cost himself millions of dollars and a potential yellow jacket just by making poor business decisions. If he doesn't own up to these decisions soon, he may never recover what he's lost. The way I see it Trent has no other option but to bet on himself, which is what many NFL players are doing this year. Go back to the Skins and tell them you will honor your contract but still wish to be traded. Then, come January, review your options after being named to the pro bowl and have a new agent handle your affairs. 

Report to camp in the best shape of your life and dominate. This will get your career back on track and is in your best interest. I'll bet this is what RR told him when they met.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah that’s not true. Treadwell, Mike Hughes, Brian O’Neil, Elflein, Alexander, Trae Waynes, Corradelle Patterson and Sharrif Floyd all within the first two rounds all under his watch as GM. 7 genuine busts in 6 drafts. Outside of Dalvin Cook, Barr, Kendricks and I guess Xavier Rhodes I would say everyone else didn’t live up to expectations (Bridgewater, last year’s class etc). I would say only the ‘15 and ‘19 classes would be considered successes in any way.

In other words his biggest holes (and they’re massive) are the three positions he’s missed badly on. I don’t think a single receiver they drafted is on the team. That’s insane to think about (but I may be wrong about fringe guys). Same with corner. Massive hole despite spending a ton of resources on them.

Thats also why he accumulates 10 picks in about every draft. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not to mention they traded a first for Bradford. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I was thinking that at 3.08am UK time earlier today. Time for round 2.

Of course you did! That’s why I was acknowledging it 🙂

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

When you back a dog (your analogy, not mine LOL) into a corner, it doesn’t typically respond with, “Hey, hold on a second. Can I make a quick yelp to an unbiased professional in my pack for some sage advice!” Lol

He backed himself into this corner in almost every way. He got emotional and got bad advice....I don't profess to know all of the details on this one but I know he could've been smarter on this one (see my last post). I get that fans fall on both sides of this, I want the best for Trent, just not at the expense of giving him away for peanuts to an NFC contender.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Thats also why he accumulates 10 picks in about every draft. 

Picks are useless when you don’t hit on them. Maybe that’s the scouts, maybe it’s a need vs BPA philosophy. Either way outside of Cook, his offense is contingent on a FA QB and an UDFA receiver. Jury is still out on Irv Smith.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

He backed himself into this corner in almost every way. He got emotional and got bad advice....I don't profess to know all of the details on this one but I know he could've been smarter on this one (see my last post). I get that fans fall on both sides of this, I want the best for Trent, just not at the expense of giving him away for peanuts to an NFC contender.

None of us truly has an idea of what the hell is going on. But how could we? It’s truly a unique circumstance with little to no precedent. And so many of us are struggling simply with sitting in this uncertainty (unknown)... we just can’t tolerate it... that we just want it to be over with. They’ll even tolerate a loss (of value).

As an unbiased observer.... I’m fascinated by this scenario. Game of chicken. Is Trent really willing to retire? If he’s willing to - rather than blame him.... isn’t there a part of all of us that can respect sticking to your guns (principle)?

However, as a franchise, there has to be some boundaries enforced, otherwise, players (employees) are going to completely walk all over you in the future. You don’t like your contract? Pitch a fit. That’s a difficult precedent to set too.

• Like 2

If the offers are terrible, I can see holding being the best option.It's inevitable that some of the rookies drafted will not live up to the hype and will struggle. As a hypothetical, what if August roles around and Jedrick Wills doesn't look like a bona fide starting LT? Cleveland doesn't have to give up on him, but they probably want someone you can start and protect Mayfield. Or what about injuries? Holding only makes sense if the offers are terrible, which it kind of sounds like they are. But clearly not all rookies will pan out, just look at the draft history at the position:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?type=position&position=OL

• Like 1

Why of course laremy tunsil has to agree to a record-setting extension right at this exact moment.  22 mil aav   Everything that could go wrong with the trent situation has gone wrong.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Everything that could go wrong with the trent situation has gone wrong.

It already went wrong.

This is the just the result.

1 minute ago, Darc Requiem said:

What kind of evidence doe's fake Czaban have on the Texans?

We all knew it was probably where the bodies are buried...but now I gotta think the bodies are more "significant" than just strippers and prostitutes...right? 

33 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Picks are useless when you don’t hit on them. Maybe that’s the scouts, maybe it’s a need vs BPA philosophy. Either way outside of Cook, his offense is contingent on a FA QB and an UDFA receiver. Jury is still out on Irv Smith.

Either way, you're right that "knocking the draft out of the park" is a bit...exaggerated...if we're being reallllllly generous lol...

TE’s take atleast 2 years to develop. Quarterback is the most difficult position to draft in the league. Some franchises search for decades...

Minnesota has been consistently good for a long time, but eternally missing a star qb. It mostly boils down to that. They hit on a lot of players. 

12 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Why of course laremy tunsil has to agree to a record-setting extension right at this exact moment.  22 mil aav   Everything that could go wrong with the trent situation has gone wrong.

It really has,  lol. Including how the draft unfolded last night and Tunsil today. I was thinking about that last night.

Got to laugh about it, lol. It will get resolved at some point. We got our front office/culture change. We got our proven coaching in place. We got our "generational player", best player in the draft. Add that to our potential franchise QB, stud WR and other young talent throughout this roster.

We are in great shape and in great hands. Let's not forget that because of the Trent situation. We good!

• Like 1
  • TK locked this topic