Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I would actually be fine with Reiff as a stop gap at tackle. Even at his current salary. He is not a top LT in the league. But he is perfectly serviceable for a season or two.

I agree. Problem is the Vikes might think the same.

15 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Why move Trent for a 4th when the Redskins will for sure get a 3rd RD comp pick for him?

Because there is no 3rd round comp pick for him, there's a 5th...and even that is contingent on us not signing anyone worth a 5th in that future offseason which is highly unlikely.

Edit: I see someone already told you, nvm

In hindsight, I think the first big clue that this was all about the injuries and not about the training staff was when Trent encouraged Donald Penn to sign here. I mean if you thought a team was that negligent would you recommend that employer to your friend?

Riley Reiff would be trading their problem with our problem with a huge talent gap vs.Trent Williams.  They are only similar in age.  Word out of the Vikings fans is they view him as a June 1st cut.

Doc Walker this morning on ESPN980 said he doesn't see a problem with Trent Williams playing this year, it's a business and unhappy players do it all the time.  Skins are pretty dug in about a team meeting trade demands.

Any team that starts any rookie in 2021 will be doing so with the kid pretty much learning on the fly...if that's your left tackle then good luck. The value in Trent is that he know the league and is a plug and play then just walk away. Rookie left tackles will have limited time to get up and running and that's not good news for the QB's of these guys. Remember the time Osi Umenyiora of the NYG racked up like 7 sacks in one game against the Eagles and their rookie tackle several years ago? That record could be ready to fall with all of these rookie tackles starting with no full camp, mini camps etc...

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Riley Reiff would be trading their problem with our problem with a huge talent gap vs.Trent Williams.  They are only similar in age.  Word out of the Vikings fans is they view him as a June 1st cut.

Yeah, but that is only if they replace him with someone better. There is talk that they don't need to get someone to take his contact off their hands since the can just cut him June 1 and save the money.

11 minutes ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Yeah, but that is only if they replace him with someone better. There is talk that they don't need to get someone to take his contact off their hands since the can just cut him June 1 and save the money.

Well, if they're planning on cutting him then they need to replace him...they're running out of viable options. Trent is too good of a fit for them to pass up unless the price is too high or they don't like his character.

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

In hindsight, I think the first big clue that this was all about the injuries and not about the training staff was when Trent encouraged Donald Penn to sign here. I mean if you thought a team was that negligent would you recommend that employer to your friend?

Nah. He thought it would expedite a trade outta town. Trent has shown he only cares about Trent

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Almost killed him? The training staff (medical staff?) told him to get the 2nd opinion which he waited months to get. That’s on HIM. And choosing not to show up last season and honoring his contract like an adult, is also on HIM. Bruce should’ve traded him last year, but Trent deserves all this **** right now. He’s a jerk. 

Thats not true, telling someone 5 years later to get a 2nd opinion on that deadly cancer is almost killing him.  You sound like Dan, nice guy.

Whether or not Trent is a jerk is separate from saying the Redskins deserve to be applauded for the way they have treated him.  Thats one of the most absurd things Ive seen on here.  You know, you CAN say Trent is a jerk for how hes treating things and he deserves it, and the Redskins deserve it for how they have treated things.

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Nah. He thought it would expedite a trade outta town. Trent has shown he only cares about Trent

Heh. I wrote it backwards. Yes, I agree with you.

I'll pretend I wrote it correctly, but that it was dripping with sarcasm.

5 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

The problem is Rick Spielman has knocked the draft out of the park consistently. If Minesota had a better qb, they would have a Super Bowl. Spielman is playing hardball on Trent’s price. He’s a true test for Kyle Smith. 

Agreed. The only things we have working in our favor is that they a.) have more picks than could possibly make their roster, b.) have a SB window that is open right now, not when a rookie LT develops c.) have a need at LT and some familiarity with, and interest in, Trent. Here's hoping Kyle can turn that combination of factors to his advantage despite not having much leverage or other teams left as options. 

1 hour ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Not if the best anyone has offered so far is a 5th.  Reiff to relieve them of 11M and a 4th and we should jump at it and thank them for it.

If Reiff is cut or traded before June 1st he saves them 8.8 mil. If he is a post June 1 cut or traded then he saves 11 mil. It's better for them to just cut him and designate him a post June 1. That way they save and extra 2.2 mil...and they need all the room they can get.

https://overthecap.com/player/riley-reiff/1068/

For those that are saying the Vikings have all of the leverage, they are being ridiculously one sided.  Sure, the Redskins would like to move him, but the only way they lose leverage is by HAVING to move him.  If you determine a 5% chance on a 5th-6th round player isnt worth giving up a year of Haskins development with better protection, you are willing to sit it out.

But the Vikings lose leverage because they are trying to compete THIS year, and so they have to bring someone in while they still have a window.  The Vikings destroy their shot at a playoff run by choosing to not bring in a player they can afford, which will make the fans livid at the front office by the end of the year.  The Redskins FO clearly realizes that, and so no, they dont need to just give in to whatever the Vikings offer as if they are desperate but the Vikings dont care.

I'd guess that at least 50-50 that the "three" teams is just one team, the Vikings.  And the other two teams are at best -- teams they've talked to who have showed feint interest.  Otherwise it would behoove them unless am missing something to leak who all these teams are. 

Paulsen just saying they are willing to bring Trent back if they just get offered a ham sandwich for him.   But he thinks they trade him this weekend to Minny but said its just a hunch. 

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

For those that are saying the Vikings have all of the leverage, they are being ridiculously one sided.  Sure, the Redskins would like to move him, but the only way they lose leverage is by HAVING to move him.  If you determine a 5% chance on a 5th-6th round player isnt worth giving up a year of Haskins development with better protection, you are willing to sit it out.

But the Vikings lose leverage because they are trying to compete THIS year, and so they have to bring someone in while they still have a window.  The Vikings destroy their shot at a playoff run by choosing to not bring in a player they can afford, which will make the fans livid at the front office by the end of the year.  The Redskins FO clearly realizes that, and so no, they dont need to just give in to whatever the Vikings offer as if they are desperate but the Vikings dont care.

Not to mention they are an NFC competitor....we don't needs to do them or anyone else any favors. Trent is under our control...period.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I wouldn’t have lasted over a decade if we weren’t both.

Isn’t it funny how our brains attempts to make things binary, in an attempt to make sense of the non-sensical 🙂 To make it much easier to identify with.

I think they should reasonably be able to swap Trent for Reiff + draft pick (maybe a #3, probably a #4).  Send a pick to the Bucs for OJ Howard.  Reiff isn't a world beater, but he's gotta be equivalent to what we had last year, and could give that to you for a few years (postponing the imminent need to get a LT).

59 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Leave it to Bruce ****ing Allen to ruin things to the point where an All-pro LT is only going to fetch a 4th round pick in a trade.

That man was born to end franchises.

We have to move on from Bruce. We know he ****ed us. But what good is complaining about it, you know? Hes gone.

If we cant get a 2nd or 3rd plus a future pick, I'm in the camp of moving forward with him. Making a public announcement much like Jacksonville did with Ngakoue welcoming him back. Then, letting the season play out and resetting his market value. Hopefully we'll be able to trade him when injuries start running their course.

Archived