Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

At this point, me too. I waffled on this.  Months ago, I said i'd hold out and even make him play in 2020.  I changed my mind. 

 

If I am going with the typical rap on this from the local guys, we'd be lucky to get a 3rd let alone a 3rd and change so if someone offered a 3rd and change I'd take it. 

 

You can't IMO have this soap opera overhang the season.  

Schefter who's the most trusted in the biz, IMO said he would be traded within the next 48 to 72 hours yesterday.  This marriage is soon to end one way or another.  I respect his tweets more than any other. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trent hasn't  been on the field for a year and a half and he missed much of the previous several seasons with injuries. On top of that he wants to be paid like the top tackles which nobody really knows if he can ever be again.  He is a huge question mark for all suitors.  He has been a great Redskin and I hope he can return to his previous level of performance; ideally with us protecting DH's  blindside.  I don't know if that bridge has been burned or if he will help this team again but the Redskins need to know.  If reconciliation is possible, I'm all for it.  If not, take whatever we can and cut ties.  His value is whatever some team will pay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can't IMO have this soap opera overhang the season

 

Well we already went through one season with it going on in the background and it didn't matter.  He stands to lose a lot more by sitting out this year right?  If the offer is just a third and a seventh, I'd hold off and make him play or deal him for better 2021 compensation instead.  I want some compensation we can use to get into the early second round for Josh Jones from Trent, or I want something that will set me up for next year.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

At this point, me too. I waffled on this.  Months ago, I said i'd hold out and even make him play in 2020.  I changed my mind. 

 

If I am going with the typical rap on this from the local guys, we'd be lucky to get a 3rd let alone a 3rd and change so if someone offered a 3rd and change I'd take it. 

 

You can't IMO have this soap opera overhang the season.  

Right now, I'd be happy with one of their 4ths.  We use TWs salary and sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal and use our 1st 3rd to get Cleveland if there or Charles.  JMO. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well, lets not sugar coat it the Redskins do have a problem in that they need a left tackle.  The best result (Pipe Dream) is somehow he ends up playing for us, plays as well as ever, turns out liking the new coaches/FO and extends.

I say he's more likely gets injured. The fact he's there will fester with him. He'll end up missing a key block and get injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

 

Well we already went through one season with it going on in the background and it didn't matter.  He stands to lose a lot more by sitting out this year right?  If the offer is just a third and a seventh, I'd hold off and make him play or deal him for better 2021 compensation instead.  I want some compensation we can use to get into the early second round for Josh Jones from Trent, or I want something that will set me up for next year.

 

Depends on how you define it didn't matter.  It didn't matter from the stand point that it perhaps didn't sink the season and other things did.  But no doubt it had a soap opera underpinning to the season.  I am not wild for going to round 2 with it va a player who puts up prayer emojis on his social media account about how he wants to leave.

 

And I used to be one of the lead dancers of how we can get a first round and change for Trent and who wouldn't want an elite LT?  I've just changed my mind on that with changing circumstances.  It's an older Trent demanding big money.   And that according to some who might be in the know has diminished his trade value. 

 

Do I think they might get more by playing out some of the season and trading him then?  Probably.  But I wonder by how much?   At the moment according to multiple reporters (Paulsen saying the same right now on the radio) about a 5th rounder has been their best offer.  If so and they can get the Vikings to amp their offer to a 3rd and change, I'd take it.  

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If you think about it

1) Trent is a Top Talent

2) His last contract $$ is affordable

3) If you get the 8 mil in fines the #2 becomes obscene

4) He will be motivated by greed in 2021

5) We NEED a GOOD/Great LT to evaluate Haskins

6) Trent in OUR offense will make our run game click

 

If I were to gamble..I'd gamble on Trent producing better for us in terms of results and $$ than ANY value NOW for all other options

I'm starting to think that the rest of the league holds RR in such high regard that they're thinking that If Trent can't play for a guy like him then do they really want to bring in this disruptive, money infatuated player who has been nothing but a headache for the Skins organization for the past year? It's almost like the league insiders know the real deal and that Trent is becoming taboo....I'm sure I'm wrong but I may be right on some of this. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't think we get that much.  If Minny gave us their last 3rd and 7th, I be happy to part with TW and move on.  

So that would give us an early 3rd and a late 3rd and an additional 7th...maybe use those two 3rds to get an early 2nd?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

So that would give us an early 3rd and a late 3rd and an additional 7th...maybe use those two 3rds to get an early 2nd?

I'm betting they give us a 3rd, Reilly Reiff and a conditional 2021 pick....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

My recollection of the Snyder years says otherwise.  The cast changes, but the plot remains the same.

 

This.

 

The early years were the Young and the Restless with his firings and high free agent spending.  

 

Gibbs 2.0 was the Bold and the Beautiful making 2 playoff appearances.

 

Then Bruce drafting oft-injured players and our recent injury woes have been General Hospital.

 

Finally the ousting of Bruce and hiring Ron as our Guiding Light.  HA

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm betting they give us a 3rd, Reilly Reiff and a conditional 2021 pick....

Don't think so.  I guessing their 4th #117 overall and we use money we save on TW and sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal and sign an OT with our 3rd to replace TW.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm betting they give us a 3rd, Reilly Reiff and a conditional 2021 pick....

Not if the best anyone has offered so far is a 5th.  Reiff to relieve them of 11M and a 4th and we should jump at it and thank them for it.

Edited by Fat Stupid Loser
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Not if the best anyone has offered so far is a 5th.  Reiff to relieve them of 11M and a 4th and we should jump at it.

 

Well, in truth ... this may complicate things a bit. In a sense, if they are trying to get Trent Williams, they are likely ready to move on from Riley Reiff. Them sending him back to us is a salary-cap dump, which SHOULD actually increase the pick value we get back. Reiff would be a decent stopgap at LT, but we are doing the Vikings a favor by taking his contract back.

 

What it likely comes down to is each team's view of the situation. Do the Vikings view TW as a sure-fire upgrade to Reiff and us as a bailout to their Reiff deal? Or do they view TW as a slight upgrade to Reiff, and see sending him to us as a value to us, not the other way around. That likely drives what pick we get back.

 

And conversely, how do we view Reiff? As a legit starter? Or as someone we will "take on" as a salary dump, which changes the price in draft picks coming back ... as-in, we'd prefer not to have Reiff, but we'll take him on if it gets us a higher pick, etc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

 

Well, in truth ... this may complicate things a bit. In a sense, if they are trying to get Trent Williams, they are likely ready to move on from Riley Reiff. Them sending him back to us is a salary-cap dump, which SHOULD actually increase the pick value we get back. Reiff would be a decent stopgap at LT, but we are doing the Vikings a favor by taking his contract back.

...

 

Reiff doesn't have any guaranteed salary. If the Vikings get another tackle, they really don't care if someone picks up Reiff's salary.  They take a cap hit on the signing bonus either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Don't think so.  I guessing their 4th #117 overall and we use money we save on TW and sign Jason Peters to a 1 year deal and sign an OT with our 3rd to replace TW.  

 

I would take Reiff + the 2 4th rounders. We can stay put with those 2 4th rounders or package those to move up to the 3rd. Minny now has a LOT of Day 3 picks. No way they can fit all of them on their roster

 

I don't know why we wouldn't take Reiff. He is a league average LT, which we don't have now. He is a good run blocker who struggles at times with elite pass rushers. In 2021, if you can find a permanent LT solution, then you can kick Reiff over to RT, where he'd be a beast. I would prefer Peters but I don't think he wants to come here. He's also old and injury prone.

Edited by method man
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Master Blaster said:

Why move Trent for a 4th when the Redskins will for sure get a 3rd RD comp pick for him?

They only get a 5th. Some rule about his situation.  I'm not going to look it up but sure we only will get a 5th so get a 4th and be done with it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, method man said:

 

I would take Reiff + the 2 4th rounders. We can stay put with those 2 4th rounders or package those to move up to the 3rd. Minny now has a LOT of Day 3 picks. No way they can fit all of them on their roster

Or Minny could use their extra picks move up from their position in the second and get Josh Jones.  Or Cleveland.  And pay under a million for their LT.  They're not stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Why move Trent for a 4th when the Redskins will for sure get a 3rd RD comp pick for him?

 

Just now, RWJ said:

They only get a 5th. Some rule about his situation.  I'm not going to look it up but sure we only will get a 5th so get a 4th and be done with it. 

 

And it would be in 2022.

 

And if they didn't sign a player to a similar contract. 

 

So not for sure 5th.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

They only get a 5th. Some rule about his situation.  I'm not going to look it up but sure we only will get a 5th so get a 4th and be done with it. 


 

I will believe you and agree with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...