Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Vikings seem the obvious suitor left.  Maybe Seattle?

Vikings loaded up on picks. Damn, those Patriots with 4x 3rd rounders. Don’t need a LT though, right? At this stage I’m unrealistically hoping for #64 at the end of the second round off Seattle.

2 hours ago, skins2victory said:

This has been brutal. Trent needs to lower his contract demands, or he wont be getting traded during the draft. He is ruining his career, and this is all on him. Either lower your contract demands or show up honor your contract!

I believe most of the damages have been done by brucifer, we could have traded him at least for a top 15 1st round pick last year. I don't know how much he's seeking but if he really wants out so much he can't ask for top dollars. By the way his agent denied he was looking for $20 mil per seaon. I'm afraid in the end we're going to get screwed.

Edited by FrFan
10 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I believe most of the damages have been done by brucifer, we could have traded him at least for a top 15 1st round pick last year. I don't know how much he's seeking but if he really wants out so much he can't ask for top dollars. By the way his agent denied he was looking for $20 mil per seaon. I'm afraid in the end we're going to get screwed.

I don't believe it was ever a 1st rounder. Teams are so freaking cheap with their draft picks, unless you're Bill O'Brien the only thing that nets you a high draft pick these days are other draft picks.  Maybe if a player is 23-25 years old and is a proven star, you can get a 1st (Like the Buckner trade)  

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
16 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I don't believe it was ever a 1st rounder. Teams are so freaking cheap with their draft picks, unless you're Bill O'Brien the only thing that nets you a high draft pick these days are other draft picks. 

The Patriots (only Rapoport said otherwise). I believe the Texans were interested before they sold the farm for Tunsil. If you're willing to trade two firsts and a second for this guy you could have gotten TW for one first at least (my speculation). The Browns were very interested only to wind up very frustrated by brucifer.

“It’s hard to tell,” Smith said, via John Keim of ESPN.com. “You go into it hoping something happens.

When hope is your only thing left ..........:ph34r::unsure:

Edited by FrFan

Julie Donaldson confirmed there are still trade partners

Sucks that the value took a hit and before I was in the hold onto him and make sure you get high compensation camp

Now if we can get one of those Trade Partners to part with a 3 or a 3 and a 4 I’d take it and move forward we can’t afford to have all this hanging over us going into whatever there will be of Training Camps

I now feel the probability of Trent returning to this team is 40%. I think Kyle, Ron, and Trent all want him out, but I just don't know that I see the replacement value there. Trent is likely worth more to this team as a one year stop gap than a fourth or fifth rounder.

I guess the question is how badly is the bridge burnt and can Trent be a professional? Given the new labor agreement, Trent's options really are do what the Redskins' want or retire. By coming back last year at the deadline and by how he played his hand this year he wants to play or at least to continue to get paid. Boy did Bruce, Trent, and his agent really mishandle this.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I now feel the probability of Trent returning to this team is 40%. I think Kyle, Ron, and Trent all want him out, but I just don't know that I see the replacement value there. Trent is likely worth more to this team as a one year stop gap than a fourth or fifth rounder.

I guess the question is how badly is the bridge burnt and can Trent be a professional? Given the new labor agreement, Trent's options really are do what the Redskins' want or retire. By coming back last year at the deadline and by how he played his hand this year he wants to play or at least to continue to get paid. Boy did Bruce, Trent, and his agent really mishandle this.

I guess he retires before he plays here again

We need Trent more than any other team left needing one.  Donald Penn held up better than I expected and figure we will regret letting him walk. Maybe it's Christian's time now. Bruce thinking he could get more for him at the draft was so Bruce.

Edited by RandyHolt

Got unlucky with the Jets and Browns, both taking LTs as I predicted yesterday.  It wasn't hard to guess that.  As I made the case yesterday if I were the Jets I for sure would take a LT over a WR in the first.  I also thought Minny would be our best shot for a deal.  Still do.  Minny could have taken Jones or E. Cleveland yesterday but didn't.

As for 2 other teams showing interest, I think there is a shot that it's a BS leak to create some leverage on Minny.   But if its legit, I'd guess Seattle and maybe SD?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

We need Trent more than any other team left needing one.  Donald Penn held up better than I expected and figure we will regret letting him walk. Maybe it's Christian's time now. Bruce thinking he could get more for him at the draft was so Bruce.

I could see us trying Cornelius Lucas at LT. Could even see some vet cuts just after the draft. There are a couple out there on contracts teams might cut adrift after the draft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trent is just another part of Brucifer’s big parting **** you to the Skins. The Alex Smith contract and the Trent situation; is something we will just have to live with and be royally ****ed over with.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for 2 other teams showing interest, I think there is a shot that it's a BS leak to create some leverage on Minny.   But if its legit, I'd guess Seattle and maybe SD

I’d guess those teams. I mean, even maybe the Pats. All those mid round picks, surely Trent must be appealing to them and worth the price, even though they have a Young tackle. Find it hard to believe Trent Williams has no market at the net cost of a mid/low second rounder.

Even some of these rookies being drafted high might end up at RT in the pros. 

But ideally, I want us getting picks for today. Fingers crossed.

23 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

we haven't let him walk yet

On 4/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, kingdaddy said:

I'll give you a reason or two:

1). A team is close to being great but has a huge hole at LT and not a high pick in the 1st round.

2). A team has a "franchise" QB but no LT and needs to protect him asap with a solid vet

3). A team has multiple 1st round picks and can afford to deal for a proven left tackle with pro bowl talent

4). The Skins have made it known they won't give TW away for less

5). Peace of mind. Getting a proven LT allows offensive coordinators to know that position set and they don't have to worry about it again.

Sorry, that was 5 possible reasons.

It was pretty clear no team would give a 1st for Trent. Maybe, if we begged hard enough we could get a 1st in a future draft, but it was pretty obvious a team wouldn't get up a 1st for Trent last night.

IMHO I don't see Trent being traded at this point because the way the draft went last night and very little trades plus it seemed like every team that had a OT need got one. Every Team mentioned needing an OT drafted one.

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

We're either gonna' be stuck with this a/hole or we'll get buttons for him aren't we? Sighs. 

Hail. 

1489367240074.jpg

Don't expect a second-round pick in return for Williams. Redskins fans need to be prepared for lower trade compensation. That's the reality. Still, if Williams' departure brings in a collection of picks, even if the selections are third, fourth or fifth-rounders, the team could try to get creative. 

For now, Redskins fans should expect to sit and watch the second round unfold Friday night without much action. Sounds like that's what Smith expects. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-could-move-2nd-round-if-opportunity-presents-itself

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, paloosa said:

IMHO I don't see Trent being traded at this point because the way the draft went last night and very little trades plus it seemed like every team that had a OT need got one. Every Team mentioned needing an OT drafted one.

Williams may have priced himself out of getting a deal done.

Why pay Trent a ton of money when you can get a good player on a rookie contract?

Edited by SkinsGuy
25 minutes ago, FrFan said:

1489367240074.jpg

better than a Ham sammich

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Don't expect a second-round pick in return for Williams. Redskins fans need to be prepared for lower trade compensation. That's the reality. Still, if Williams' departure brings in a collection of picks, even if the selections are third, fourth or fifth-rounders, the team could try to get creative. 

For now, Redskins fans should expect to sit and watch the second round unfold Friday night without much action. Sounds like that's what Smith expects. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-could-move-2nd-round-if-opportunity-presents-itself

if they did a deal today for multiple later round picks, maybe they could turn and package those picks to get into the 2nd. That would be a huge Kevin Costner type win. 

• Haha 2
  • TK locked this topic