Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

"he has no intention of playing this season" = injury coming up

I'm smelling that also.

Considering he's not in love with Team Doctors, he'll provide other analysis that contradicts them and prevents him from playing.

This could go real far...

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

And not a single beat reporter knew he was in the building "well before the deadline"? What a bunch of ****ing imbeciles, all speculating whether he'd decide to report or not while this 6'5" 320 lb ninja assassin apparently crawled into the facility through the sewer drain or something. 

In all fairness, the entire OL was waiting for him outside the door, so he just slipped right by without anyone even nudging him.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

I agree with that. In fact it probably makes it easier for a team to work out an extension if he’s only got one year left. The amount of time left on his deal is irrelevant. But what does matter is his age. 

This logic eludes me - but I respect the opinions. If you two are correct, perhaps we still get something more than a 2nd in the offseason.

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

This logic eludes me - but I respect the opinions. If you two are correct, perhaps we still get something more than a 2nd in the offseason.

Well it would be helpful if he played the rest of the year at a high level. Seems as if that's not going to happen though. So that might hurt his value. 

Just now, volsmet said:

Well, any team would want to negotiate an extension with him prior to trading. No team is going to give up the bank for just a year or a year and a half. The off-season, allows teams to weigh their needs and cap issues and will have the time to work something out during that time. Whether there is one year left or a year and a half left on his deal is moot. A team will want him for longer. 

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The way to salvage is give him an extension now. He reported and now they pony up some money and change a couple of people on the medical staff. 

That's coming right after the $200 M, 5 year extension they're giving to your man crush.  

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

This logic eludes me - but I respect the opinions. If you two are correct, perhaps we still get something more than a 2nd 3rd in the offseason.

Just need you to come back to reality so I fixed that for you. A 3rd rounder is the best pick we can expect (maybe be able to get something in addition to that a maybe an additional 4th?)

As much as I can understand TW not wanting to play here. He’s dead to me. 
And Bruce needs to be Bruce and go medieval on his ass and recoup every last penny he can plus fight for him not being able to get this year counted. F both these guys! Super wack we waited and got left waiting, we are the pinnacle of incompetence.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Well, any team would want to negotiate an extension with him prior to trading. No team is going to give up the bank for just a year or a year and a half. The off-season, allows teams to weigh their needs and cap issues and will have the time to work something out during that time. Whether there is one year left or a year and a half left on his deal is moot. A team will want him for longer. 

You see, the bolded, to me, says "ample time to figure out any viable alternative to trading high draft picks for a 31 year old malcontent". That's why in-season and early on was optimal. 

So... let me get this right given the reaction of this thread:

1) Some of you thought we’d get a first rounder + AT the trade deadline for Trent Williams 

And 

2) Some of you thought he wouldn’t show up and that he wouldn’t accrue a season just because he’s upset with the team... and he’d rather stay home and keep his contract at 2 years going into next season.

None of this is surprising. 

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If Trent refuses to play the Redskins ought to have an argument that he never reported.

He didn’t say a word to the media or leak anything negative. The dude has too much class and pride to do that. He’s gonna play hard like he always does.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If Trent refuses to play the Redskins ought to have an argument that he never reported.

It's over man.  All of this stuff is already in the CBA. 

And Bruce's chronic mismanagement of the roster isn't enough to get it changed.  And good luck getting buy in from the other GMs he screwed by not taking offers seriously.  

Most of the rabbit holes we've gone down, are pretty much unprecedented territory.  Alot of this stuff was written for apocalypse scenarios that were never intended to actually occur.    

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You see, the bolded, to me, says "ample time to figure out any viable alternative to trading high draft picks for a 31 year old malcontent". That's why in-season and early on was optimal. 

He’s still an elite LT and there aren’t a ton of those around, especially on the market. An experienced team may not want to spend a first on a guy in hopes he can develop. New England did that with Wynn and then Cajuste and now there offense is struggling. Explains why they were inquiring about Trent earlier on. I was on the bandwagon to trade him to NE for a first and Cajuste. Made sense on both sides.

12 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So now I read that although Williams has 'reported' he's refusing to play.

The Skins should deem him still a hold out then - keep him on the 'not reported' list and force him/the NFLPA to file a complaint that Williams would likely lose.

yeah, this isn't like the Galloway situation that one article mentioned where the Cowboys tried to claim holding out one game should lead to a rollover.  This is him trying to game what reporting to the team means.  Thumbing your nose at your contract is the same at home or in Redskins Park

Plus if he actually gets off the DNR list but refuses to suit up he 's costing someone a job

Archived