Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

10 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

This does nothing to screw the Skins. He's still under contract next year. This actually helps the Skins if he plays. If he comes in and plays at a high level it will raise his value. Bruce is still a bum and this doesn't make him look better, but point is it won't hurt the Skins.

You are delusional if you think that. The trade value of players on the last year of their contract collapses.  Remind me how much did the Texans get for Clowney? The highest pick the Redskins can now expect to get is a 3rd rounder (they may be able to get an additional lower round pick on top of that).

Trent has more money than he could spend. He’s given the Skins a decade of great play and doesn’t want to waste any more years playing for an organization that doesn’t know the first thing about winning. Brandon S is doing the same thing — it just hasn’t taking him as long to see it’s never going to get better .

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, megared said:

Love the eternal optimism. 

But Bruce now has to him, what he is to Dan Snyder.  A guy he can control, and deflect blame on.  Why would he risk losing that dynamic just to win games?

I belive the "new coach eliminates us from that" was in response to someone saying they should be on Hard Knocks next year.  One of the eliminating criteria is having a new coach which we will.

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I belive the "new coach eliminates us from that" was in response to someone saying they should be on Hard Knocks next year.  One of the eliminating criteria is having a new coach which we will.

Right.  And I'm saying it wouldn't surprise me if they roll with Callahan.  Nothing surprises me anymore.

27 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I don't understand the point of that hold out. Accomplished nothing, on both sides.

He saved his body from 8 games of contact while also accruing another season towards his contract so I can see why he did it.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The way to salvage is give him an extension now. He reported and now they pony up some money and change a couple of people on the medical staff. 

I think it was JP Finley that reported months ago that Bruce asked him who on the med staff screwed up and he would fire them right then. Trent's response was that he didn't want to do that and cost someone their job.

3 minutes ago, megared said:

Right.  And I'm saying it wouldn't surprise me if they roll with Callahan.  Nothing surprises me anymore.

Well, they might not have much choice. Who in their right minds would want to come here if they are being payed fairly well else-where.  Only candidates I'd see coming here would be the ones that don't both have much of a head coaching future and would also get a substantial pay increase. 

16 minutes ago, illone said:

Ding!

The only worry is if the team rallies and wins 2-3 games, losing out on #1-2 pick.

Man I’m telling you.  If you look at all the qb’s taken #1 in the last ten years or so.  Only two jump out at you.  One really; that being Cam Newton.  The other one is Kyler Murray whose story is still being written.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Haha I wonder if Bruce refuses to trade him and then keeps slapping the franchise tag on him year after year out of spite.

I wish someone would hate me enough to give me millions of dollars to do nothing.

Well, Trent would probably holdout for 8 games every year, so he'd be franchised to just play 8 games.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

He saved his body from 8 games of contact while also accruing another season towards his contract so I can see why he did it.

Somehow he'll have less value also next offseason.

1 minute ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

According to the most reports, he has sworn he won't play for the Skins again.  It will be interesting to see if that's true and how he get's around it.

I'm wondering if he can report, which he did and refuses to play.

At the very least, he can step on the field and play like a turnstile or take the Haynesworth way also a good option, not being able to pass physicals.

Just now, mrcaniac said:

I think it was JP Finley that reported months ago that Bruce asked him who on the med staff screwed up and he would fire them right then. Trent's response was that he didn't want to do that and cost someone their job.

it has also been widely reported more money will fix this. Throw money at it and save some face. It’s not like the cap isn’t going up. Add 2 years to the back end and make him the highest paid tackle in football. It’s worth the PR boost.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No team would offer anything substantial for Trent without extending him. 

Once again, Paulsen is little more than a troll.  Which explains his popularity with our fanbase.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
11 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Haha I wonder if Bruce refuses to trade him and then keeps slapping the franchise tag on him year after year out of spite.

I wish someone would hate me enough to give me millions of dollars to do nothing.

gotta sign the tag to get the money

Just now, Wildbunny said:

Well, Trent would probably holdout for 8 games every year, so he'd be franchised to just play 8 games.

Somehow he'll have less value also next offseason.

I'm wondering if he can report, which he did and refuses to play.

At the very least, he can step on the field and play like a turnstile or take the Haynesworth way also a good option, not being able to pass physicals.

then he risks everyone else on the team's health and he jsut may get hurt on the field

19 minutes ago, volsmet said:

He’s proven incapable of navigating a full season without injury, perhaps playing half the season allows him to grade out better than he would have otherwise & thus net him a larger contract in 2021. 

I think it's going to be really difficult for Williams to get that money back in any new deal either here (if there is say a complete house cleaning with Allen gone and new coaching staff) or somewhere else.

It also remains to be seen if we actually play him or if he gets medically cleared to play.

• Like 1
  • TK changed the title to !!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up
  • TK locked this topic